Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does Tim change your opinion of the PHOF”

• Not at all. I love the place 55 votes
      46%
    • I look past his attitude and play pinball 22 votes
      18%
    • It gets old. Still like to go there though. 9 votes
      8%
    • It drove me nuts. Now I don't bother. 5 votes
      4%
    • I don't like the place because of the lack of maintenance. 28 votes
      24%

(119 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1377130_511216302299200_1831418823_n.jpg
    IMAG2305.jpg
    IMAG2304.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joegrenuk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#56 10 years ago

Yeah, Tim is an odd cat. So is just about everybody else that's been in this hobby for 30 years. There's some odd cats that have been in it 30 days, too. Pinball attracts characters. I could run a LONG list of them, starting with Guido DelSignore (I know he won't mind my mentioning his name), but it would be interpreted as criticism of very good and very odd guys, so I won't. What you have to do is to look at the guy's body of work, and Tim has a major pile of contributions and achievements.

If you want to take some guests there, try this...go over a few days in advance. Tell him your deal. Hand him $50 for the Salvation Army. Throw in a PBJ, he loves them.

In other words, treat him like a woman...give her money and feed her, it's all downhill from there

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Yeah, that pastrami place IS great!

OK, seems like his tastes may have changed. Cancel the PBJ and take him a pastrami on rye.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Sorry, but Tim is not close to being in Guido's league. I miss talking to him. He was one of a kind!

No one is in Guido's league; nice to see somebody here remembers him. Never heard him talk bad about anyone except "the tax man". He was a character of major proportions, and a genuinely nice and interesting man. A trip to his house was always an adventure, and I always had to plan on being there 3 or 4 hours...a half hour to load up some games, and 3 hours to drink wine and listen to him talk. All you had to do was ask him an open-ended question, and he'd be off for 15-20 minutes. He'd tell stories about how he used to run his route with a horse and wagon. Even in his 80's, games from the 50's, 60's, and 70's would flow into and out of his garage like the tide. Whenever I asked him on the phone how a particular game was, it was always "It's in a real nice shape, Giuseppe! Come and look!", even if it had a hole in the middle of the playfield. They were all nice to Guido. RIP.

Anyone have a pic of Guido?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joegrenuk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-does-tim-change-your-opinion-of-the-phof?tu=joegrenuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.