(Topic ID: 120423)

How much does it cost to manufacture a new pin?

By pindome

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anubis2night.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

I'd be interested to know if that $1,000,000 figure includes tooling and molds for parts? I would guess it does.

#6 9 years ago

Actually, id bet the number is closer to somewhere around $1250 - 1550. As always it's dependant on materials, vendors, and design

#10 9 years ago

You guys do understand that the msrp of an item doesn't equate to how much it cost to manufacture right? By that I mean that a MSRP for a new car that $20000 doesn't mean that the car cost $ 18500 to make. you have to figure in mark ups, ect ect

#12 9 years ago

I don't think anyone is wanting something to be cheap, Personally, it doesn't matter what the cost is, as we already know what the msrp is. knowing a cost doesn't change that

#15 9 years ago

If anything you should take that thinking in the other direction, if a pro model can cost on average $4900, and they don't make at least $1000 - $1500 profit (also factor in distributors cut) how could they afford the overhead? Or do we think that they sell pro's at close to cost and pull in profits from LE and premiums, which may be the case.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anubis2night.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-does-it-cost-to-manufacture-a-new-pin?tu=anubis2night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.