(Topic ID: 67425)

How much do you spend on a game new or used ?

By cal50

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cal50
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much have you paid or will pay for a game. Any game.”

• 1) $1000 or less 8 votes
      14%
    • 2) $1000 ~$2000 10 votes
      17%
    • 3) $2000~$3000 12 votes
      20%
    • 4) $4000~$6000 10 votes
      17%
    • 5) $6000~$8000 17 votes
      29%
    • 6) $8000~$10,000 6 votes
      10%
    • 7) Anything above #6 is insane 5 votes
      8%

(Multiple choice - 59 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

I have budgeted myself to no more than $1,000 for a pin. And that includes anything needed to fix the machine and any transportation costs. Here are the totals I have put in on the four pins I have;

1972 Williams Superstar - Purchased 2009 for $150 - rubbers, ball, LEDs $100 - Total $250
    1978 Bally Star Trek - Purchased 2009 for $350 - rubbers, ball, LEDs, caps $200 - Total $550
    1979 Game Plan Star Trip - Purchased 2009 for $150 - new CPU, rubbers, ball, LEDs $300 - Total $450
    1990 Data East Back to the Future - Purchased 2013 for FREE - new CPU & display board, rubbers, balls, parts, LEDs $800 - Total $800

It's a nice diverse collection covering different manufactures, styles, and game play. EM, Old School SS, New School SS, and a Cocktail Table Pin. Keeps me Happy!!

Right now I am in the market for a mid 1980's pin. Looking for Skateball, Robo-War, Road Kings, or Blackout. Also looking for a 1991 Cactus Jack's and a 1965 Paradise to round out the collection. Anybody have one of these for under $1000?? Let me know. Thanks!!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Looks like we have high rollers with the majority of the votes thus far 6~8 grand.
    I must be cheap....

Quoted from Collin:

I'm apparently in the minority, too. I guess I've had good luck, but I've found several classics between $100 and $1k,

Quoted from SchertzPinball:

I've only paid more than $200 for a game 4 times. $350 is the max I've ever paid for a game.

Quoted from Jags:

I have budgeted myself to no more than $1,000 for a pin.

When I got into this hobby about 5 years ago I thought it would be a great "poor man's" recreation. Go out and find an old pinball machine for a couple of hundred bucks then fix it up and have fun! I never realized that pins would be so expensive and that a lot of the hobby is centered around purchasing new machines for home use. When I see posts of guys buying every new pin released at $6K+ a pop and doing that 3-4 times a year it really surprised me. I never thought pinball was actually a "rich man's" game.

Interesting to see the poll results also as most of us that are making reply posts seem to be in the lower spending categories. I don't see many of that 25% $6k-$8K posting replies here on this thread. Perhaps we need to create a sub category on this forum for "All Poor Man's Pinball"!!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

4-6 K now. was 6-8K before this past friday.

I don't think the MM remake will cause a reduction in overall prices. If anything it will create an increase. It looks like $8K is the newly set price point for a new pin. We see this with the new Star Trek and I bet we'll see this with every other new pin that comes out. Yes there may be a decrease in the price of an original MM because of the remake but it shouldn't effect anything else in the market.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-do-you-spend-on-a-game-new-or-used?tu=Jags and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.