image (resized).jpeg
Attach39525_20160905_201511 (resized).png
moregaragepins 013 (resized).JPG
famRmPins 008 (resized).JPG
basPin3 29 16 012 (resized).JPG
basPin3 29 16 009 (resized).JPG
basPin3 29 16 035 (resized).JPG
basPin3 29 16 033 (resized).JPG
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

Just for fun i record the game audits around Jan 1 and keep track on the games i keep the whole year so 2015 results were
Bounty Hunter 133 plays
Paragon 158 plays
Pinball Pool 272 plays
Fast Draw 298 plays
AC DC 232 plays
Genesis 195 plays
Tron 140
No data oh Joker Poker or Hulk as they got new pascal boards but they both saw lots of action

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Just for fun i record the game audits around Jan 1 and keep track on the games i keep the whole year so 2015 results were
Bounty Hunter 133 plays
Paragon 158 plays
Pinball Pool 272 plays
Fast Draw 298 plays
AC DC 232 plays
Genesis 195 plays
Tron 140
No data oh Joker Poker or Hulk as they got new pascal boards but they both saw lots of action

That's some great data.
Looks like if Joker Poker and Hulk were played the average of your other pins (204 games/year) that's a total of 1836 games across 9 machines - about 150 games/month

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rarely.
LTG : )

Lloyd,

Have you ever bought a NIB game and just, never played it?

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Lloyd,

Have you ever bought a NIB game and just, never played it?

Video game or pinball, I'd at least play the first ball or what ever to make sure it's working. Then let a customer play the first game.

There have probably been quite a few I never played a whole game on.

#55 7 years ago

Less in the summer, more in the winter. More work in the summer and we also boat/jetski. Winters suck here and work slows down so more time to play.

Summer....might go a few weeks without playing. Winter....several times a week for about an hour or so each time.

#56 7 years ago

Goes in spurts. Will play lots for a few weeks, then they sit for a few months.

#57 7 years ago

7 pins here. I usually play each one for one game just before bedtime several times a week. I have noticed especially with the older ones that playing them often seems to keep them working well.

#58 7 years ago

rarely ever.. its just work to me now.

My own projects get ratted for parts and pushed to the back of the queue month after month.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Video game or pinball, I'd at least play the first ball or what ever to make sure it's working. Then let a customer play the first game.
There have probably been quite a few I never played a whole game on.

God creates and lets it play out.

Lloyd buys machines and lets it play out.

Classic Lloyd...

#60 7 years ago

Never.

I press START, but then the ball always pops out into this little wooden ditch on the lower right, and I just can't figure out how to get it out of there.

Pinball is just too hard and I'm sick of losing quarters.

#61 7 years ago

I try to turn them on and play them twice a week, but since i started working and also been fixing my Gamatron the other 3 havent gotten much attention the last 3 weeks or so.

#62 7 years ago

Weekends and a few times a week. Varies with new games or toys coming or going. This year I've been pretty active. Last year I was building a game room and didn't play much.

#63 7 years ago

I work from home now and play everyday. I try to limit it to lunchtime, but I use pinball as a stress reliever if I get stuck on something.

However, the collection doesn't get even use, TWD gets about 90% of my plays.

#64 7 years ago

I try to play at least one, two, or three games a day.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sometimes i turn them all on and just stare in awe of what i have done to my bank account over the last few years and how much time ive spent fixing them, then turn them off without even playing.

I hear ya

#66 7 years ago

I play once a day. Usually two games a piece. Like others have said I play more often in the winter or when people come over.

#67 7 years ago

Hard to get an exact number off my GOT because of all the updates, but I'm over 2,500 plays since February for sure.

On average I play 2-4 hours a day. More of that is concentrated on the weekends, but that sounds about right.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

But on that note: If you have a previously routed game, are you more likely to play it more? less? Tilt a little more aggressively? Or treat the same as a HUO?

The only game I've ever shoved across the floor at my house is my HUO GOT. The tilts on my other games (all previously routed) don't allow for that.

#69 7 years ago

One of the main reason I've been switching from video games to pinball is because I can play for 15 minutes and then walk away. I probably average 10-20 games a week. The bulk are on whatever is the newest machine to enter my collection.

#70 7 years ago

I usually play 3-5 games an evening depending on length of games. I pick a different game each night to keep them fresh. I too look at my invested money and cringe, but hey, I'm living once.

#71 7 years ago

I play at least a few games every day some times on the same machine some days play 3 or 4 machines and a game or two (or more) on them.

#72 7 years ago

I don't play them near as much as I work on them.

#73 7 years ago

I generally play the newest ones the most.
But when I play, I try to play all or at least most of them.
1-3 hours a week minimum.

#74 7 years ago

Have 9 currently....turn them all on in the evenings ( from about 6- midnight) usually 4 times a week. Usually play 1 or 2 of them for about 5 games or so each during that time. Varies.....sometimes I'll get on one machine and play it for an hour solid..( that's about 20 IM games, or 4 WOZ)...

#75 7 years ago

Play about 2-3 hours a week, turn on every machine and play 4-5 games.

except pinballweekends with friends

#76 7 years ago

I don't keep track like a lot of you,but i have 5 pins.I enjoy all of them separately!Rarely a day goes by,i don't play at least 10 or 12 games on one,since i've built my collection on my enjoyment of playing those pins

#77 7 years ago

Very little after nearly 30 years.

I am not always motivated to fix every little thing.
Restoration is fun, but tinkering to constantly adjust things like switches and make sure everything plays 100% gets tiresome.
I have to keep a full log to make sure I note everything.
Maintenance schedules are rotated monthly.
The nature of collecting means once you pass into the double digits of machines and beyond, it can become a full time job, not a hobby.
More than 100+ and it is just impossible, if you have other responsibilities.

Guests play, I watch.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Very little after nearly 30 years.
Guests play, I watch.

We need to keep an eye on this guy!

Attach39525_20160905_201511 (resized).pngAttach39525_20160905_201511 (resized).png

#79 7 years ago

I try to play 3 games on each one every week.

#80 7 years ago

I have 3 games setup currently. There is nowhere local to play so at home is my only option without a 45+ minute drive out of my way.

My WOZ is HUO boight NIB and probably gets the most play being the newest. Last I checked it was approaching 1,500 plays between mostly my wife and I but also guests. Thats in a span of about 4-5 months.

For me restoration is also play time so if you count that there are others I probably put as much if not more time on.

However life does have numerous non-pinball related priorities that do take precedence so I will be dialing back play time until the end of the year.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

We need to keep an eye on this guy!

I played my TZ tonight, just to have little nostalgia. First time in over 4 months.
I broke my own rule.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I play all 41 pins twice a week. Takes about an hour and a half each time. So glad the EM's are quick 2 to 5 minute games.

Just to keep them all going? Or for fun? Or hopefully both?

Love your collection. Can't wait to stop over again.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hard to get an exact number off my GOT because of all the updates, but I'm over 2,500 plays since February for sure.
On average I play 2-4 hours a day. More of that is concentrated on the weekends, but that sounds about right.

I guess that explains why you're a Beast at Pinball!

#84 7 years ago

I probably only play a couple of hours a week on average due to a crappy work schedule, I will play for hours though if friends come over. Unfortunately thats not very often since most of them are married and believe it or not most of them dont even like pinball. How could anybody not like pinball??? I enjoy pinball alot more if im competing against someone , and if im playing by myself I usually only play a few games because its just not much fun playing alone.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Play about 2-3 hours a week, turn on every machine and play 4-5 games.

That's how I mostly do it with the same amount of set up pins as yourself.Some weeks are zero to one hour though.

#86 7 years ago

I try and play a few games everyday. I also have leagues on Thursday nights and run a tournament the 3rd Saturday of each month. As much as my crazy schedule allows.

#87 7 years ago

I've only got one, a NIB ST I bought a year ago.

It's got about 2200 on the counter, just about all me. Kids lost interest quickly, wife not interested at all. I play daily...the desire to reach Five Year Mission keeps bringing me back. A second machine is planned for in a few months.

#88 7 years ago

The second I walk in the door from work, the first thing that gets done is turn both my machines on, then stick the kettle on - feed the fish - have a ciggie then play some pinball for about an hour before the wife gets home.

Machines are then left on so that when some trashy soap comes on the TV or the kettle goes on again it's easy to just step up and start.

Weekends get about the same amount of play spread over the day.

"The more I practice, the luckier I get"

#89 7 years ago

I generally try to play my games 1 or 2 times a week at least. The most I play them is when I have a friend over and we spend roughly 2-3 hours playing the games and get maybe 4-5 games in on each machine.

I tend to be like a lot of people, I'm all excited when a new machine comes in and I play it non-stop for the first month, then the initial honeymoon period wears off and I settle down to at most 10 games week, then it drops to my previously mentioned 1 or 2. I think I prefer actually making the nice than playing them, I don't tend to hang onto games for a really long time. The one I will hang onto is T2, because it has a special place for me and this always gets played every week.

#90 7 years ago

at least everyday, maybe a game maybe an hour or two stretch. depends on how much time I have and how I'm feeling

#91 7 years ago

I go in and out, depending how busy my work/personal life is. I usually get a good hour or two in winding down from the weekends on Sunday night. I work from home so sometimes get about 30 minutes in when I need to take a break.

#92 7 years ago

At least 3-5 games a day min. Sometimes more. I spent a ton of money on this hobby, I'm not going to ignore the machines.
Sometimes I go around the world and play each pin once at night.

#93 7 years ago

I want to play them every day.

But have not played any of them in about six months. Too busy working on the house.
Last time I played pinball was at the Michigan Expo. I might not go to that anymore, it was so bad this year compared to the VFW show.

VFW is incredible.

#94 7 years ago

Yeah michigan expo was pretty slim this year. Last year had about twice the machines. I hope to make it to clays vfw show next year. Hes a great guy and i hear that show is fantastic every year.

On topic though i play at least a game a day on one of my pins. Its part of my morning routine while my coffee is brewing before i get my kids up for school.

#95 7 years ago

NOT enough. Too busy with house projects

#96 7 years ago

Couple days a week, 3-4 games per machine these days. Sometimes more if my son is interested in playing with me. If friends are over, we can play for hours.

#97 7 years ago

the ones in gamerooms 2 and 3 I play all the time when I need a break from doing touchups. Gameroom 1, not as often, as everyone is sleeping when the most active.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Its part of my morning routine while my coffee is brewing before i get my kids up for school.

THAT is an awesome routine.

I'm always waking up at the last minute and rushing out to work, but now I'm going to consider setting my alarm a little earlier to start every day with some pinball

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I want to play them every day.
But have not played any of them in about six months. Too busy working on the house.

Man oh man! You need to take a break sometime and play your games (assuming they're set up).

#100 7 years ago

Have :
Tales from the Crypt
Jurassic Park
STNG
BoneBusters inc
Just got the BBI 3 weeks ago , played it twice... Others have not been played in over a month !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 17.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-do-you-play-your-pins/page/2?hl=adams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.