Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by aeneas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many plays per month on your new pin?”

• Less than 100 43 votes
      65%
    • 100 15 votes
      23%
    • 200 8 votes
      12%

(66 votes)

#1 5 years ago

We have a AC/DC Pro vault that was set up right before Thanksgiving.
    I'm sure I have hundreds of games on it.

Seeing these For Sale ads that go something like
    "bought Stern X NIB 6 months ago, has 150 plays on it"
    has me curious..

How do you buy a new machine and not play it much?

How many plays per month or week do you play your new pin?

#2 5 years ago

I have 220 in 3 weeks, on pace for 285 per month.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

I have no idea. Always wondered this too.

Quoted from pinbuoy:

When I first had GOT I was playing it over 100 times a week. Doubt I ever play a new game that much ever again.

I’m getting an ACDC prem soon, so we will see. That will be only my second brand new pin.

#4 5 years ago

I probably never do more than 10 a day. Usually one or two sessions of 3-5 games at most.

I also try not to just stay on the same pin for multiple days. Mix it up, let the game sink in instead of burning out

#5 5 years ago

To be honest, I play my pins very rarely when I’m home by myself. To me, it’s way more fun to play when you can share the games with others. This also keeps me from getting bored with the games too quickly.

I would also guess that a lot of us that can afford to buy games, especially NIB, are very busy at work earning money to buy more games.

I still don’t understand people that buy a new game, play it 50 times, and sell it, though.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I probably never do more than 10 a day. Usually one or two sessions of 3-5 games at most.
    I also try not to just stay on the same pin for multiple days. Mix it up, let the game sink in instead of burning out

Yep I'm about the same now. I also skip playing for a few days at times to give me something to look forward to again. When I am skipping days though i'm still usually working on a pin and just want to focus on that also.

#7 5 years ago

All depends on the free time I have and how many projects I'm working on...and the rest of life.

#8 5 years ago

^^^^ This for me. Life is way too obtrusive!

Honestly, it seems like I get my best scores when hardly ever playing. I got a new GC score on my Shadow the other day. I've maybe put a handful of games on it in the last 3 months.

Darin

#9 5 years ago

I've had Deadpool for almost 3 weeks and have already put about 350 on it. I'm sure that'll slow down, but I only have 2 pins and Deadpool's the new girlfriend.

#10 5 years ago

Whenever I get a new to me pin I play the shit out of it for a couple weeks after shopping it than it sits in the basement with the rest of the pins getting no love and only several plays a mo. Till the next new pin comes through the door.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

We have a AC/DC Pro vault that was set up right before Thanksgiving.
    I'm sure I have hundreds of games on it.
    Seeing these For Sale ads that go something like
    "bought Stern X NIB 6 months ago, has 150 plays on it"
    has me curious..

If you had a bunch of pins you enjoy playing all those plays get spread out. Only so many times you can push play in a day.

#12 5 years ago

I think that you might need to add more choices to your survey. I probably put 100 plays on a new pin 4 months after I buy it.

#13 5 years ago

Between the play testing, honey moon and when friends are over I still manage to keep it at or under 100 for the first month. I have a couple pins where I personally try to keep the miles down on but if you're here to party feel free to keep the pedal to the metal and play as much as you want.

#14 5 years ago

Been in the hobby since early 90's ...some years I've taken a back seat, some years I'm full in, always energizes me when a new game comes home, so I play it a fair amount first month, then it gets played maybe 10 times a month ongoing, unless we have folks over to entertain . I have a STpro that doesn't even have a wear trail on the plastic ramps, been here since x mas 2015 if that tells you something, and its probably my favorite go to game . Bet my AS has less than 300 plays on it, bought it april 2017, fun game ,just don't play often . Life is busy, but when I'm in the mood, I have plenty of PINBALL
    JP

#15 5 years ago

I have no time and I play 50 games a week. Have more time now that I'm not cutting grass at two different places. Just looked at my check stub yesterday and I've worked more OT than straight time hours this year and only been off 4 days. No complaints picked up four games this year. Will get another NIB next year (Jan) And there's alot of good choices, it's going to be hard. Next day off is. 1-5-19.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

Whenever I get a new to me pin I play the shit out of it for a couple weeks after shopping it than it sits in the basement with the rest of the pins getting no love and only several plays a mo. Till the next new pin comes through the door.

This probably sums it up for the masses, man the helm Captain.

#17 5 years ago

Just checked our AFMR LE - it is one (year) today and it has 350 plays on it from new (most from when family and friends come over). With a little one (16 month old) at home and work, there literally is jack-all time to play. TWD Pro fared even worse, it had half the plays in the same time period. As the little one grows up, she will have a platform to stand on and play with her daddy - hopefully that will mean much more game time (and more bonding time).

#18 5 years ago

My pins are doing better than my exercise equipment.

#19 5 years ago

My pinballs I bought new 20 years ago are all around 6000 plays, so about one play a day. I have five. Nothing gets on my nerves more than the every day sales of 20yr old machines that have had 5 owners, but claim 400 games. It seems 400 games is the going rate for the scum that sell games. Right, 20 plays a year, through five owners.

#20 5 years ago

So, I would say with AC/DC (which I also just recently added to my collection) I've put 200 games on it in just a matter of weeks, but that is because I really suck at it so they are really short games.

The rest of my games are lonely - but I do try to play a few games on them here and there, but honestly the....mechanics and gameplay is so drastically different since they are all much older games that going from the new one to any of them feels really weird.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ronkz650:

My pinballs I bought new 20 years ago are all around 6000 plays, so about one play a day. I have five. Nothing gets on my nerves more than the every day sales of 20yr old machines that have had 5 owners, but claim 400 games. It seems 400 games is the going rate for the scum that sell games. Right, 20 plays a year, through five owners.

Well this isn't far fetched actually. I played the crap out of mine when I bought them 20 years ago, then that playing tapered off until they sat unplayed for at least 10 years. This year I finally got back to them and fixed them up, and haven't put more than a couple dozen games on them. I think this holds true for most people that they play them for around 100 or so games until they just sit collecting dust with the occasional power up out of guilt

#22 5 years ago

My Met pro has 1600 plays after 9 months nib, 350 in the first week with alot of help from friends.
    My fresh restore fish tales got 200 plays it's first weeknd running.

#23 5 years ago

Gotg pro 500 p!ays six months in. 2
    parties with co-workers and hosted thanksgiving with about
    50 relatives including
    several teenagers who rocked it out 5
    straight hours. It was a blast watching them
    play it. Flipper spring broke after about 400
    plays is only casualty so far. I like jumping on
    my ems and f2k just as much so plays get
    spread out.

#24 5 years ago

Just checked the audits.. I don't play much and if I play it's on a new and the old games just sit there..

Iron Maiden : 57 games played since updating to 1.05.
    I probably played more games than that on all previous revisions, about 100 I'd guess.
    So I'd guess 150 games played on it in total. Definitely not over 200.

Dialed In: have it for a month, immediately updated to 1.57. 49 games played.
    And that's my current 'I love it and play it as much as I can' game..

Can't check audits anymore as they're sold, but since last year I bought a Shrek and sold it after about 6 months..
    think I played about 50 games on that one.
    Also bought and sold a WPT after about a year. Probably had 100- max 150 on that one.

My other games all have not been played for 1,5 year...
    Most of my current collection I have for about 15 years now, sometimes it happened I didn't play a specific game for 2 to 3 years..

I should play more

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-do-you-play-your-new-pin?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.