(Topic ID: 315010)

How much do new 2020s pinball machines earn versus old 90s pins make?

By tampa12

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tampa12
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which pinball machine earns the most?”

• Mars attacks 2 votes
    7%
  • Medieval madness 2 votes
    7%
  • Monster bash 0 votes
  • Stern Godzilla 9 votes
    33%
  • Strangers things 2 votes
    7%
  • Black Knight SOR 0 votes
  • Stern Avengers Infinity quest 1 vote
    4%
  • The getaway 0 votes
  • Addams family 5 votes
    19%
  • Stern Jurassic Park 0 votes
  • Dead pool 3 votes
    11%
  • Jersey Jack Guns n roses 0 votes
  • Other (post pin below) 3 votes
    11%

(27 votes)

#1 1 year ago

I have two Williams pinball machines Bride of Pinbot and The getaway from the 90s and 2 new pins Avengers Infinity quest and Godzilla pro. From experience how much can a pin make per week or month? I live in Tampa area where there's many ice cream shops, pizzeria and bars. I'm sure location matters too. What is the best earning pinball machines?

#2 1 year ago

Super Mario

Edit: also, FYI, search some threads, there's already some with long conversations about pins vs others for earners.

#3 1 year ago

WWF Royal Rumble makes. a. killing.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Super Mario
Edit: also, FYI, search some threads, there's already some with long conversations about pins vs others for earners.

Yes but none included new pins like Godzilla 2021. If I overlooked that thread please share that link.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from tampa12:

I have two Williams pinball machines Bride of Pinbot and The getaway from the 90s and 2 new pins Avengers Infinity quest and Godzilla pro. From experience how much can a pin make per week or month? I live in Tampa area where there's many ice cream shops, pizzeria and bars. I'm sure location matters too. What is the best earning pinball machines?

Update: I understand there's other threads about this topic but none I found that included Godzilla unless I looked that thread. If I overlooked that thread please share it below.

#6 1 year ago

I know a guy with a Godzilla on route and he says it’s pulling in stupid money that he’s ordered another to put at another location.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I know a guy with a Godzilla on route and he says it’s pulling in stupid money that he’s ordered another to put at another location.

How much is stupid money?
Ok earner = $20-50 per week
Good earner = $50-100 per week
Great earner = $101-199 per week
Stupid earner = $200+ per week

#8 1 year ago

I have 25 games in a location with 50 total machines. Unfortunately that's a ton of machines for money to get spread around. I won't tell you what each earns, but I will tell you which earns best and worst.

Best
FG
TSPP
DP Pro
WCS94
WWATER

Worst
WWIND
ES
SHADOW
TOMMY
NF

#9 1 year ago

As to Godzilla's earnings...

ANY new pinball that is even modestly playable will generate the best money that you have at location.

People are starved for something new, and they flock to the new machine. So the new machine is always the best earner with the exception of established crowds (Jeff, Tom, and Harry pretty much only play Addams Family, and they spend five hours a week playing pinball. These kind of stories are fairly common...)

This factor is so well known that back when three manufacturers were producing three to five new pinballs a year there was an informal rule to never leave a pinball at location longer than a year. Any pinball you brought in that was new to the location would provide a significant bump to your earnings, so you rotated equipment frequently.

This isn't possible in a pinball scarce world, but in my experience it was the way to make the most money through the cashbox... rotate something new in as frequently as possible.

So... the new hotness (Godzilla) is going to be your best earner until you bring in something newer. If Godzilla proves to be one of the best of all time pinballs, it'll STILL generate less money than something newer... for a week. Then it'll rise to to the top again and again. That's the value of a top-tier pinball.

Tampa12's excellent listing of earnings on pinballs match my experience, but of course location, location, location. Top tier pinball isn't going to make top tier money unless it has a prime location.

#10 1 year ago

As soon as they make a Harry Potter pin, all you operators can retire to the Bahamas. Hottest theme on planet Earth.

#12 1 year ago

Godzilla is King! Rush came close in its first week, but has dropped to just average.
Stern new games (spike 2) easily earn more than B/W dmd games. But the A-list games like Addams and Medieval are consistent.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I have 25 games in a location with 50 total machines. Unfortunately that's a ton of machines for money to get spread around. I won't tell you what each earns, but I will tell you which earns best and worst.
Best
FG
TSPP
DP Pro
WCS94
WWATER
Worst
WWIND
ES
SHADOW
TOMMY
NF

Thanks, Makes sense since those themes are very popular.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

As to Godzilla's earnings...
ANY new pinball that is even modestly playable will generate the best money that you have at location.
People are starved for something new, and they flock to the new machine. So the new machine is always the best earner with the exception of established crowds (Jeff, Tom, and Harry pretty much only play Addams Family, and they spend five hours a week playing pinball. These kind of stories are fairly common...)
This factor is so well known that back when three manufacturers were producing three to five new pinballs a year there was an informal rule to never leave a pinball at location longer than a year. Any pinball you brought in that was new to the location would provide a significant bump to your earnings, so you rotated equipment frequently.
This isn't possible in a pinball scarce world, but in my experience it was the way to make the most money through the cashbox... rotate something new in as frequently as possible.
So... the new hotness (Godzilla) is going to be your best earner until you bring in something newer. If Godzilla proves to be one of the best of all time pinballs, it'll STILL generate less money than something newer... for a week. Then it'll rise to to the top again and again. That's the value of a top-tier pinball.
Tampa12's excellent listing of earnings on pinballs match my experience, but of course location, location, location. Top tier pinball isn't going to make top tier money unless it has a prime location.

thanks for the info

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, MN
7,899 (OBO)
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
7,400 (Firm)
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-do-new-pinball-machines-earn-versus-old-pins-make?hl=tampa12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.