Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Any ideas? And how about the Williams Fun-Fest?

#2 7 years ago

Probably the 6 to 7 hundred dollar range.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Don't forget to adjust for inflation... the machines were not as cheap as they might seem once you look at what a dollar was worth back when they were originally sold.

https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

Mac

#4 7 years ago

$400-$700 non-adjusted for inflation, I know Williams Klondike specifically was $440 I believe, but the 4-player machines were more expensive than the 1 & 2 player machines

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

$400-$700 non-adjusted for inflation, I know Williams Klondike specifically was $440 I believe, but the 4-player machines were more expensive than the 1 & 2 player machines

Klondike was not US $400.00 NIB, it was higher. Many old threads here. I posted the exact price for a NIB Williams Gold Rush a few years ago. Search for it.

#6 7 years ago

I know some of the really early SS were around $800-900.

#7 7 years ago

10k around Christmas

#8 7 years ago

Somewhere MrBally has a receipt for a Bally Galahad he purchased new. It was somewhere between $200 and $300 I believe.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Somewhere MrBally has a receipt for a Bally Galahad he purchased new. It was somewhere between $200 and $300 I believe.

That was a used machine, two years old; $275.00. Zip-a-doo was going for 375 used, just a bit newer. Williams Gold Rush was, IIRC, about $700.00 new, plus the old distributor "factory freight" charge and tax.

#10 7 years ago

This has been covered before. Obviously it depends on the era. Mid-seventies wedgeheads were somewhere in the $795-$895 range I believe.

#11 7 years ago

In 1982 I bought a1977 Williams Big Deal froman at ace and they still had a receipt from where they bought it New for 450.00

#12 7 years ago

1803.26 adjusted for inflation.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

In 1982 I bought a1977 Williams Big Deal froman at ace and they still had a receipt from where they bought it New for 450.00

That had to be a closeout as the Solid State pins were coming out and ops no longer wanted a Bally or Williams EM. Considering that a Williams 4 player EM went for about $700.00 five or six years earlier.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That had to be a closeout as the Solid State pins were coming out and ops no longer wanted a Bally or Williams EM. Considering that a Williams 4 player EM went for about $700.00 five or six years earlier.

Which equates to approx $3K today.

Which begs the question: What price would a NIB (insert EM year and game name here) command today?

Hoo doggies!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What price would a NIB (insert EM year and game name here) command today?

This is close...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nib-getaway-allied-leisure-1977

#16 7 years ago

More accurately (actually EM) would be his NIB Interflip "Dragon" he had for sale also.

#17 7 years ago

I bought a NIB 1977 InterFlip Dragon for $1500 about 8-10 yrs ago.

Still in the box!
Not sure if that is sad or not.

#18 7 years ago

The price I mentioned was from the Detroit area Williams Distributor, Martin & Snyder Company. That was the Route Operator price as there was no such thing as a collector price at that time.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

as there was no such thing as a collector price at that time.

That being said, I've always found it pretty interesting how today titles in this hobby pretty much rely entirely (expensively) on collector pricing. Even in the end a classic car is still at the least a car, a ride to work, etc., the only worth inside of these old machines is for parts use inside other machines, so I guess there is some kind of other reason for price baselines, but above that like $200-$400 mark for parts it is pretty much what we make it, based on desirability (condition of such as well) + rarity. (and sometime cliches)

For most of the desirable titles it seems we definitely surpassed the factory price for them (sometimes by multiples), even back when they were "perfect" rather than just in very very nice condition. Of course it makes total sense and all that (just like classic cars), but it's kind of funny to think how easy and cheap it would be to get some of the rarities of today back then.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-did-em-machines-go-for-new and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.