(Topic ID: 260776)

How much could you make off operating 1 pin?

By cyberslunk

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Really going to depend on the location traffic. I'd say if you had 1 pin in a brew pub, you might make $40 a month the first month. Split that with the location you made $20. By the end of the year you might make $10 a month after the split.

Figure you're going to be replacing coil stops, flipper buttons, balls, cleaning, etc. So figure parts and time. Then a ball gets stuck, someone put a Canadian quarter through and jammed up the coin mechs. So now the game has been off for 2 weeks. You just made $5 that month.

If you average even $25/mo after the split its going to take 200 months or 16.5 years to pay off the game.

Good luck.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Your projection is that the operator will do $40.00 per month or 1.33 games per day in the best case scenario? What information do you base this opinion on? Are you running a route now?

I run 10 games at 2 locations. 1 location with 4 of my games and 8 of someone elses. This location does extremely well. It's a barcade with beer, food, kids area, darts and 2 pinball leagues.

The other with 6 is at a movie theater and it doesn't do as well. No food, no beer, no league, etc. I've had months where CV made $8 the entire month. These are on $0.75 per game. The EM on $0.25 a game does almost as well as the DMD games.

Now if you only have 1 game, it's going to get boring real fast and you won't keep any regular players. Just casual passerbys. I'm thinking $40 per month is generous. It's going to decline over time. I have to continually rotate games around. Some 6 months others can go a year.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

If CV= Circus Voltaire and it only makes $8.00 a month then I wouldn't even allow it to stay on route. That's 11 plays a month. After the split, parts, insurance and permits I'm guessing it costs you money to keep it there. Seems like a lot of risk to have it on route for so little return.
    I have never found a game that didn't take at least five bucks of mine at a time unless it was in really bad shape. It's really sad to hear how little interest/profit there is in Pinball for most places.

That was the worst month I used as an example. Kids in school, parents back to work less traffic. Nice summer days, kids out of school and everyone gone on vacation. Middle of winter, bad storms nobody heading out. Sometimes I can't figure it out. One month $8 the next $55. ACDC up, CV down it's weird.

I don't worry too much about it as it's still making me money and I don't have room for them at home anyways.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-could-you-make-off-operating-1-pin?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.