(Topic ID: 260776)

How much could you make off operating 1 pin?

By cyberslunk

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

I can see you haven’t put a lot of thought into this.

You may “make” a few hundred bucks in a good month with your new pin. Divide that in half with the location.

Most likely, that one game will make less money the next month, and less still the month after that as players tire of it and the game starts to get beat up.

This is when you rotate a different game in there.

So now you have two pins. And so on.

I wouldn’t “operate” a single pin on anything other than a total lark.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ground fails and they get a shock. People f'ing around tip it over and crush a baby in a carriage. People pick it up to carry off to steal it and trip, damn, too bad you forgot that warning sign. Someone drains a ball and smashes the glass with their fist and cut themselves. Etc. Etc.
    Building burns down and people die in the fire. And the investigation leads back to your game as the cause.
    You could imagine many scenarios. And you only need one to ruin your life if you aren't covered.
    People die every year tipping vending machines over on themselves trying to unstick a product. My old roller towel in the bathroom had a guard on it because somewhere in the United States someone couldn't dry their hands with out slipping, falling, and hanging themself.
    Never under estimate what can happen once people are involved.
    LTG : )

Classic Lloyd potential op reality check rant. I remember these from the RGP days and this stuff always gets repeated by me when a friend decides he or she wants to route.

Hey Lloyd how about one of those electric horse coin op rides?

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from cyberslunk:

That's the type of answer I was looking for

Good luck on your route.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

in half? who still settles for 50/50 on modern pins? any pins? i know plenty who get 100% these days esp if its a respected op who knows how to keep em running smooth.

That's great.

Do you think a brand new op with one single game and zero experience can demand a good location and 100 percent of the take?

More likely they'd probably be looking at 50/50, or whatever the standard split is these days?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-could-you-make-off-operating-1-pin?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.