(Topic ID: 260776)

How much could you make off operating 1 pin?

By cyberslunk

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from RDH009:

Consider also any state registration and tax/fee/permit implications in your coin-op/amusement business model. Tax man always gets his cut.

Don't forget zoning ordinances. Check where you can and where you can't put pinball machines.

Quoted from MrBally:

Card reader systems are a loophole to this. For "arcade" only environments, put games on frre play but charge a fee (Daily or by time) to access the games.

Not always true. In the past this has limited a few places so they could only be open certain days a year. When cities are looking for money, they'll figure out any loop hole eventually.

LTG : )

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Don't forget zoning ordinances. Check where you can and where you can't put pinball machines.

Not always true. In the past this has limited a few places so they could only be open certain days a year. When cities are looking for money, they'll figure out any loop hole eventually.
    LTG : )

Agreed. I thought I said "Usually". I added the word.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've consistently heard of Pac-Man Battle Royale machines making 3x-5x more than a pinball machine.

was a little hesitant about getting one, but yeah it does amazingly well. Guess I'll never understand pacman fever or the appeal of classic arcades past the nostalgia factor.

1 month later
    #104 3 years ago

To LTG point on problems .. once while working on games on location I look over to see a child walking down the row of pinball on top of the glass one game to the next.

One mess had to deal with is the metal rails that run down the cabinent that the glass locks into. Well some how a dude flipping buttons hit the metal just right and slit his hand open. New out of box game 2018. There was no manufacture defect. The guy showed me how and I really still don’t understand but the blood all over the game didn’t lie.

Never under estimate the stupid things that can happen.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Since it appears you want to operate a pinball machine or two, let's look at the options available to you:
    Option A - Buy an expensive pinball machine, put it out on location and pray you make enough to payback the electricity it consumes annually.
    Option B - Just give me half the money you were going to spend on a pinball machine, we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day?

As long as you have medical insurance or a jock strap, you would be much further ahead with Option B.

#106 3 years ago

To finally and definatley answer this question:

At the moment - nothing at all!

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-could-you-make-off-operating-1-pin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.