• 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ectobar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A64B04AB-7CB7-4DBD-B533-BC45C7CB3F03 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Oh it kicks a load of asses. I have to admit I've "forgotten" about it a bit in recent months as I've been swapping out a few other machines and playing the new ones more. I played a game on my pro last night and was blown away all over again. It shoots so damn smooth. The shots are interesting with ramps that feed back to the same flipper (rather than crossing like most), yet can both be made with a clean backhand for lots of combo opportunities (with rules to encourage that to boot!). The dragon shot is great. The ram is a unique take on a "bash toy" and I love that it isn't a gimme, but rather takes a hard shot, like a real battering ram would. The rules are perfect with just the right amount of depth and difficulty for the layout. It has a very obtainable, exciting multiball for less experienced players, great stacking opportunities and an reachable mini-wizard mode for good players, and deep scoring strategies and a difficult but obtainable final wizard mode for the great players. Great callouts (though I would still love a few more sound clips added), especially the custom stuff from the Hound (BLACKWATER MULTIBALL! gets me pumped every time). Great music. I really like the art, though I know many do not. The main modes are nicely varied, with interesting "side quests" to shake things up, and there are many paths to take through the game.

I knew I loved the game, but revisiting it last night it really sunk in just how awesome it really is. I've been playing a lot of Star Wars lately as that is newest in my collection. I like that game but can't say I love it. In many ways it is similar to GoT, but in many ways it is not. SW is missing some of the more interesting and satisfying shots, and also missing the obtainable payoff for beginner players. Tie Fighter multiball is no where near as easy to achieve as Blackwater for instance. While they are both fast, flowy machines, Star Wars is just brutal and way less forgiving. It sounds strange, but going back to GoT has really made me question if SW is going to be a keeper. For me it just isn't in the same league. Sorry...I know this isn't a comparison thread...just my ramblings after playing the two machines back to back.

Bottom line, GoT still wears big old heavy, steel toed ass kickin' boots!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-ass-does-got-still-kick?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.