(Topic ID: 33312)

how much are WOZ LE's actually selling for?

By edwinpblue

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edwinpblue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

All of the original hype revolved around how much money all of the speculators were going to make and how much smarter they were to make the deposit/payments. are they really making much? I'm
not talking about how much they are asking but rather how much they are actually selling for. if there aren't a bunch of unique toys and the only advantage to the LE is the exclusiveness of having a machine that is limited to 1500 units then the real question is did they make enough to justify having their money tied up for 18-24 months.

over that same 18-24 month period they could have bought games, flipped them for a slight loss or profit and then used that very same cash to buy a non LE WOZ that might actually be more exclusive than the LE.

there are a finite number of pinball owners. adding an additional manufacturer doesn't mean the number of units sold will increase two fold. a guy that has two machines won't got to four because there is another player. a location with one pin won't automatically place two machines just because there are two manufacturers. will that finite number stay the same? no. maybe total units sold will increase ten to fifty percent when you add an additional manufacturer. so how many plain versions of WOZ will jj sell? will there even be 1500 regular versions sold? when they finally complete the run of 1500 LE's and then start the regular version will there be enough time to sell 1500 or more before the hobbit starts selling?

what are your thoughts? are the original purchasers making enough to justify the wait? will jj sell more than 1500 plain versions?

#13 11 years ago

first I stand corrected, secondly I never said you paid $7500, third you have no idea what other people did regarding buying and selling games and finally I haven't lost a moments sleep over this. I buy games if they are a good deal AND if they are fun; that is considerably different than you. you bought a game on a promise. yes that promise will probably be fulfilled. that doesnt change the fact that I'll be able to buy an LE for $6000-7000 sometime in the next year.

#19 11 years ago

you make interesting points but my issue is what people are expecting. until recently who expected to be disappointed with the code in their new stern. I bought Wolvering expecting a great game. it was lousy. yes 1.21 helped a lot but not enough; from here on out I will only buy a nib game if I have had the chance to buy it. a thousand people are buying wozle expecting the world. in point of fact they are paying for the hobbit too. many people will put a deposit down on the hobbit before they even receive their wozle. sooner or later jj will deliver a turd. hopefully it's later.

#34 11 years ago

and you can be sure when the price does drop that I'll post it here. if they don't I'll be big enough to admit I was wrong. I'm guessing most of you cool aid drinking tools won't be big enough to admit you were wrong.

#39 11 years ago

fourth to hope you receive it in a timely fashion and then hope it's enjoyable. @ the spelling nazi. I realize pinside is a safer place with the spelling police on duty. I'll make sure to chastise my iphone for auto correcting the same way you chastised me for misspelling Kool Aid. besides what kind of fool actually knows how to spell it besides a frugal adult that cheaps out on his kids or some early twenties slacker that drinks it to save money because they aren't fully employed. either way you aren't part of this discussion because you obviously cannot afford brand name soft drinks therefore you cannot afford a $7000 pin. go sell your plasma so that you can make the minimum payment on your $500 limit credit card or better yet get a real job.

#42 11 years ago

the guy who felt obligated to correct my spelling. look it seems that either people are pro jj or anti jj. had stern promised a "better" game that you had to pay upfront for people would have laughed. just because someone is new and promises the world doesn't make it so. I cannot think of anything in life where you pay now and receive what you are paying for two years down the road. if people
are ok with this business model then more power to them. it's their money.

it seems that everyone who paid their money feel that they are one up on everyone else. that is their opinion. I don't feel they are in my opinion. they are HOPING that they game will be good. they are HOPING that their game will hold more value than the regular version of WOZ. maybe their hope will pan out. regardless of what DOES pan out I'm not wrong for a) waiting to see if the game is good b) hoping the price drops after a a large portion of the wozle games have hit the market and c) thinking it is completely crazy to pay money for jj version 2 when version 1 hasn't even been delivered.

#49 11 years ago

@ pinballisland
it's interesting how you quoted me then chose not to answer my question that you quoted. it was a simple question. how much are people getting paid for their wozle. I know how much they are asking now I'd like to know how much they are getting paid. also 99% seems like a number you made up on the spot. why don't we just say "I'm guessing a significant number of the people who bought it at $6500 weren't speculators but were instead blah blah blah"

#50 11 years ago

@ Jettjoe

that's Blood plasma but I'm sure you knew that.

#53 11 years ago

Thank you. that's all that i wanted to know

#55 11 years ago

you can have the last word then. feel free to respond one last time.

#61 11 years ago

apparently my offer to island pinball RE having the last word on this thread was rescinded by those that followed us. the same people that bitch about threads being hashed and rehashed would prefer that this line continue indefinitely. let the games begin!

#65 11 years ago

I want to apologize to whichever tool was offended by my post. apparently the moderator (or someone affiliated with the moderator) was upset at my post. I didn't use profanity so it must be the "donating plasma" reference. I'm sorry that one (or more) of you wusses was offended by my post and felt obligated to tattle on me. I promise not to second guess your motives on your purchase of jj pinballs. furthermore I promise not to imply that you are unemployed,deadbeat slackers that live at home.

#67 11 years ago

oh oh! now I've got my first ban and lost 20% of my karma points. if I get three bans then I get to cash them in for one superban. no wait. something else happens when I get three bans!

#68 11 years ago

ps absocountry2 reported me.

#70 11 years ago

just got a second ban. by posting this I'm sure I'll get my third ban. what is interesting is I'm getting banned for saying I'm getting banned.

#72 11 years ago

abso. I'm disappointed? where's my third ban?

#76 11 years ago

if the cop is a cowardly bully then shame on the gutless that do
say "yes sir"...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edwinpblue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-are-woz-les-actually-selling-for?tu=edwinpblue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.