(Topic ID: 33312)

how much are WOZ LE's actually selling for?

By edwinpblue

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Original question was what are they selling for now -- I sold my position (due to out of country relocation) for my asking price of $7,500. It sold within about 14 hours of my post. Buyer was extremely happy. I know of others that have sold at about this price. Some above, some slightly below.

What will they sell for someday? I don't know. Nostradamus is dead. Any opinion on it is just gas bagging. Wait and find out.

As I said in my FS post, I was happy with JJP, Jack was great to deal with and unfortunately I never even got to play the pin even at a Show. Not sure why this pin generates such controversy.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

Not sure why this pin generates such controversy.

Partially because everyone can't afford one...and some of those who can't feel the need to bash it. At least wait until it is out in its final form to bash it. Partially because some people are just negative in general and like to argue.

#53 6 years ago

Thank you. that's all that i wanted to know

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

@ pinballisland
it's interesting how you quoted me then chose not to answer my question that you quoted. it was a simple question. how much are people getting paid for their wozle. I know how much they are asking now I'd like to know how much they are getting paid. also 99% seems like a number you made up on the spot. why don't we just say "I'm guessing a significant number of the people who bought it at $6500 weren't speculators but were instead blah blah blah"

i am not going to get into with you anymore then I already have. i have disagreed with your opinions during this thread. I don't think you are really interested at what the going price is either, u just want to stir some crap up on pinside because you are probably bored at work or home.
i don't like pissing contests so you win this one...congrats!

#55 6 years ago

you can have the last word then. feel free to respond one last time.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

it seems that everyone who paid their money feel that they are one up on everyone else. that is their opinion. I don't feel they are in my opinion. they are HOPING that they game will be good. they are HOPING that their game will hold more value than the regular version of WOZ. maybe their hope will pan out. regardless of what DOES pan out I'm not wrong for a) waiting to see if the game is good b) hoping the price drops after a a large portion of the wozle games have hit the market and c) thinking it is completely crazy to pay money for jj version 2 when version 1 hasn't even been delivered.

I (and many others) am not "hoping my game holds value." As others mentioned, our pre-orders were a chance to get in on a new venture and support a new pin company. And the ECLE is still a killer value. $6500, where the regular WOZ will be selling for $7k or more. Besides the gorgeous emerald green rails/legs (amazing quality), the shaker motor and Invisiglass are great additions. So, ignoring stuff like the handsome wooden apron cover and Emerald City topper, the value added to the ECLE is several hundred dollars more than the regular version, yet many of us bought it for far less. No worries here!

As for the game itself, the layout is solid and the build quality is incredible. The detail, sturdiness and innovation just set new standards for pinball excellence. Once you see this game in person (and it weighs in at 390 pounds!), you'll realize just how shoddy/flimsy those other new pins are that also sell in the same price range. The game is completely adjustable: set it steep or shallow, adjust flipper strength appropriately. Nice flow, and the 'stop' in 'stop-and-go' is pretty brief when it occurs, so overall then game keeps moving. The one remaining question, whether the rules will be great, is a no-brainer. I have zero doubt that Keefer will deliver his best effort to date, outdoing TSPP, WPT, and LOTR. We'll all see for sure pretty soon.

Quoted from PEN:

Nothing like a good redundant, negative, de sha vue thread.

Really, wtf is "de sha vue"????? *sigh*

#57 6 years ago

If you're buying pinball machines as an investment, you're doing it wrong.

Pinball is a game, meant to be played. If you want to make money, buy real estate.

WOZLE is not like BBB. If you got into it thinking it was going to appreciate like BBB, you were naive. 1000 LEs is not necessarily "rare" in today's market where there aren't any more collectors than there were 10 years ago. On top of that, there's an undetermined number of regular WOZ's being produced as well. Most people who pre-ordered did so on the strength of the team and their commitment to quality and their history of producing top games, not because they expected the game to finance their kids' tuition.

#58 6 years ago

I just purchased WOZLE for $7,700 and was extremely happy with that price. I wanted to purchase the regular WOZ for $7,000 but figured the extra $700 for the LE was well worth the cost. I sold my ACDC Premium to help pay for the birth of my daughter and decided to save up to get the WOZ just because the theme of WOZ, my wife is a huge WOZ fan. For me the cost is not important, it is the content of the game. I personally think that WOZ looks better in my living room vs ACDC.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

If you're buying pinball machines as an investment, you're doing it wrong.

Agreed.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

If you want to make money, buy real estate.

ummmmm

=)

#60 6 years ago

Ed-winpy-blue-balls.... That was a pretty sh!tty thing you said a few posts back about peoples work status and or financial status includeing what they can provide for their families. You sir are a complete toolbag.

You should be fortunate for what you have and your health which you are clearly not.

#61 6 years ago

apparently my offer to island pinball RE having the last word on this thread was rescinded by those that followed us. the same people that bitch about threads being hashed and rehashed would prefer that this line continue indefinitely. let the games begin!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I expect LEs to hold their prices well above $7k. The game is gorgeous, looks and sounds great. Toys, lighting, display, sound, build quality, cabinet, artwork are all beyond anything Stern has produced to date.

Please stop with the Stern this, the Stern that. Stern has games with code in them better than any code JJP has right now!!

I expected my wife's ass to stay looking like it did when we first met also! I'd say after actually owning the game and having it in your possession you'll think differently! IMHO

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I (and many others) am not "hoping my game holds value." As others mentioned, our pre-orders were a chance to get in on a new venture and support a new pin company. And the ECLE is still a killer value. $6500, where the regular WOZ will be selling for $7k or more. Besides the gorgeous emerald green rails/legs (amazing quality), the shaker motor and Invisiglass are great additions. So, ignoring stuff like the handsome wooden apron cover and Emerald City topper, the value added to the ECLE is several hundred dollars more than the regular version, yet many of us bought it for far less. No worries here!
As for the game itself, the layout is solid and the build quality is incredible. The detail, sturdiness and innovation just set new standards for pinball excellence. Once you see this game in person (and it weighs in at 390 pounds!), you'll realize just how shoddy/flimsy those other new pins are that also sell in the same price range. The game is completely adjustable: set it steep or shallow, adjust flipper strength appropriately. Nice flow, and the 'stop' in 'stop-and-go' is pretty brief when it occurs, so overall then game keeps moving. The one remaining question, whether the rules will be great, is a no-brainer. I have zero doubt that Keefer will deliver his best effort to date, outdoing TSPP, WPT, and LOTR. We'll all see for sure pretty soon.

Really, wtf is "de sha vue"????? *sigh*

Also nothing like a pointless spelling police call out. Im sure you understood what I meant. Right?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Agreed.

ummmmm
=)

Even in today's depressed housing market, real estate is a good investment. It always was and always will be a good investment.

Now obviously, some people paid too much for real estate in the last decade and took a bath on it, but that says more about their poor business decisions than it does about the value of real estate. Even right now, there are great real estate deals. But like any market, you have to look for them -- they don't necessarily jump out at you. And in the long run, they all offer good equity. The same cannot be said for pinball.

#65 6 years ago

I want to apologize to whichever tool was offended by my post. apparently the moderator (or someone affiliated with the moderator) was upset at my post. I didn't use profanity so it must be the "donating plasma" reference. I'm sorry that one (or more) of you wusses was offended by my post and felt obligated to tattle on me. I promise not to second guess your motives on your purchase of jj pinballs. furthermore I promise not to imply that you are unemployed,deadbeat slackers that live at home.

#66 6 years ago

To answer the question in the thread title; 7500.00 and up. That's the price if one is available. I paid 6500.00 as an early adopter. I haven't seen anyone sell their position for that price.

For the opinion part...
I think 2013 will have Jack at all the shows and you should be able to get one without too much trouble. It the value goes high, I would probably sell and pick up a regular version.

#67 6 years ago

oh oh! now I've got my first ban and lost 20% of my karma points. if I get three bans then I get to cash them in for one superban. no wait. something else happens when I get three bans!

#68 6 years ago

ps absocountry2 reported me.

#69 6 years ago

Yes,I asked to calm down in a private message. You chose to post a public rant. You got one vote not a ban that takes 20% of your karma. If you get three votes you will get a ban for two weeks. Please stop the trolling and take some time to read the Pinside community rules.

PS, I did not report you to the mods, I am a moderator.

#70 6 years ago

just got a second ban. by posting this I'm sure I'll get my third ban. what is interesting is I'm getting banned for saying I'm getting banned.

#71 6 years ago

Dude, you got reported because your trolling for arguments. Im sure you knew you would, that was the point. I did not report you, because I do not care enough to do so. Easy does it.

#72 6 years ago

abso. I'm disappointed? where's my third ban?

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

fourth to hope you receive it in a timely fashion and then hope it's enjoyable. @ the spelling nazi. I realize pinside is a safer place with the spelling police on duty. I'll make sure to chastise my iphone for auto correcting the same way you chastised me for misspelling Kool Aid. besides what kind of fool actually knows how to spell it besides a frugal adult that cheaps out on his kids or some early twenties slacker that drinks it to save money because they aren't fully employed. either way you aren't part of this discussion because you obviously cannot afford brand name soft drinks therefore you cannot afford a $7000 pin. go sell your plasma so that you can make the minimum payment on your $500 limit credit card or better yet get a real job.

Too funny.

#74 6 years ago

There's always that one guy that can't just say "yes sir" to a police officer etc...

Swimming upstream in life can be exhausting.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

WOZLE bought and coming soon we all hope. It is obviously setting a standard never seen before . Who knows if it will hold it's value. I have Avengers HULK arriving in the next 3 weeks, may not hold it's value. Purchased 12 Sterns , several LEs , that were HUO, paid a lot less than NIB. It's a hobby, not an investment, most will go down in price. Buy what you can afford, enjoy playing.

Amen brother, people need to get off the investment train. It's great if you can make a few bucks but it's a hobby and a game.

#76 6 years ago

if the cop is a cowardly bully then shame on the gutless that do
say "yes sir"...

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

say "yes sir"...

You must be a BLAST at parties!

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

say "yes sir"...

It seems as though you are calling me a cowardly bully after you ask me for your third ban. I will guarantee you that I am far from cowardly.

If you would take the time to read the rules for the site you will see that it takes three votes from three different moderators. I only gave you one vote, the other was from a different mod. I am asking again that you stop calling me out. It is a personal attack and will not be tolerated by anyone. This is a moderated site.

Again I will refer you to the Pinside community rules.

Back to WOZLE current sales prices. Seems like $7500 is the going rate.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I want to apologize to whichever tool was offended by my post. apparently the moderator (or someone affiliated with the moderator) was upset at my post. I didn't use profanity so it must be the "donating plasma" reference. I'm sorry that one (or more) of you wusses was offended by my post and felt obligated to tattle on me. I promise not to second guess your motives on your purchase of jj pinballs. furthermore I promise not to imply that you are unemployed,deadbeat slackers that live at home.

Holly crap tiny blue balls....or whatever your name is. You have to be the biggest jack$$ ive seen on here yet, and i pretty much leave well enough alone so for me to say something says quite a bit. Life will correct your f$cked up ass. I wont know when it happens but it will, take care bud.

1 week later
#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I expected my wife's ass to stay looking like it did when we first met also!

So? You're saying you don't look the same? Or does your wife have some other ass that looks different?

#81 6 years ago

I paid $7500...got in late. I'm new to the collecting of pins. I will say that when IAPPA came to Orlando, I was able to go see the ECWOZ. It was truly a solid piece of machinery. Built like a piece of furniture. It was fun to play, even with skeleton code. My only complaint was the repeating "We're off to see the wizard...." music. I do think that this will change with the final product. I've heard quite a few pieces of music since then. Since IAPPA, I was fortunate enough to grab a NIB Tron. I Love it! However, the overall quality of materials and design/build compared to the WOZ is night and day. I have to wonder if this will influence the price fluctuations regarding the games. Or if it's truly just gameplay that influences the shifts. For me.....it just looks like an interesting, fun, innovative game. Can't wait!

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

So? You're saying you don't look the same? Or does your wife have some other ass that looks different?

i think he was saying his wife thinks he is a an ass for bringing her ass into a pinball forum

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Partially because everyone can't afford one...and some of those who can't feel the need to bash it. At least wait until it is out in its final form to bash it. Partially because some people are just negative in general and like to argue.

I agree with those reasons, but I think there are more. Some people hate the theme, and therefore they *want* the entire pin to suck. Some people don't care for Jack on a personal level because of various things that he has said and/or done, so they want him to fail. Some people have become tired of the repeated delays, so they have turned very negative about the entire project.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside