Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ReplayRyan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

how much are Attack From Mars really selling for. I have a chance to get one but want to know a decent range to base my offer upon.

#2 11 years ago

check boston pinball and ebay. essentially, you'll be doing the same thing twice if you do that. Asking people hear will probably result in higher numbers than those two (?) sources, although there are some realists on here from time to time.

I will respectfully decline since i own an AFM and am thinking about selling it. I don't want to unintentionally throw out a bad number.

Route beater resto cores are $5K ish. Oops, I lied!!

#3 11 years ago

thnx! I checked bpr and it's over 10k for 2012.

#4 11 years ago

One in good shape sold for $6200 or so at auction here in NC the first of this month. B_R has some video from the auction up on YouTube that shows it on the chopping block.

#5 11 years ago

Two sold on here in the last couple of weeks for right under 9k. Both had lots of mods and restoration done to them. They started out priced higher and eventually went down after sitting for a little. It seems condition is king.

For what it's worth.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

thnx! I checked bpr and it's over 10k for 2012.

boston pinball quotes $7845 average with 10 units sold as of november.

#7 11 years ago

you are right. I don't know how but I misread it...

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

boston pinball quotes $7845 average with 10 units sold as of november.

Wow, that's almost exactly where I would have put the "average" price.

So that's a good barometer. Poor condition that needs work: $6k Average player: $7850; HUO: $10-11k; High End Restored: $12-13k

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

One in good shape sold for $6200 or so at auction here in NC the first of this month. B_R has some video from the auction up on YouTube that shows it on the chopping block.

It had board issues too. Couldn't even play a game on it.

#10 11 years ago

A friend of mine has one for sale at $7,500 -- fully working, fully shopped, and with a complete set of new cabinet decals installed.

#11 11 years ago

You could find a routed AFM that needs work in the $5k range.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

You could find a routed AFM that needs work in the $5k range.

Where?

#13 11 years ago

I saw one on Los Angeles CL not long ago for $5500. Went pretty quickly.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I saw one on Los Angeles CL not long ago for $5500. Went pretty quickly.

That's gone and therefore not something "you can find" now. I don't consider prices valid if you have to wait 6 months for that price and be the first within 15 minutes to jump on it.

#15 11 years ago

Sold mine restored this week for just under $9K

#16 11 years ago

I picked on up about a week ago for 5k. Nice shape too, slightly faded cabinet.

#17 11 years ago

Yeah, maybe some of you veterans can help us noobs.
Isn't the real price somewhere around what you can find them selling for on the Pinside market?
I'm guessing those (for the most part) are a little high if they've been there very long, but seems to be a nice one (recently shopped) is 9k. (per Weir pinball)
I've seen higher quotes and as low as $7500 for one that's not working.
Let's get some estimates on price range for routed machines up to shopped.
I'm saying 6k - 10k?
and if you happen to be in Canada, add taxes and shipping. Seems to me that minimum for a beater unit in need of resto is 7k+, and a mint one, closer to 11k. (In Ontario, we'd have to pay 13% just to bring anything across from the US)
Not to mention... there's not a single one to be found here at the moment per Macaa, Pinball Revolution, Mr Pinball Classifieds, and Pinside.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#18 11 years ago

I recently paid $9150 for mine. Almost perfect condition-no mods.

#19 11 years ago

Condition is key.
It seems $6k-$12K depending on too much to list.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Condition is key.
It seems $6k-$12K depending on too much to list.

Was going to say the same thing. Where real estate is location, location, location; AFM is condition, condition, condition.

6k-6.5k- routed but not blown out. Then upwards depending on condition. Like anything you can get it cheaper, but those are hard to come by and you have to be extremely lucky.

If the one you know of is in really good condition, anything below 6k is probably a good price.

#21 11 years ago

For what it's worth...

http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/Attack-from-Mars

and I assume anything that's like $400 is for parts only and should not have been included.

Let's play another game:
anyone who can find one listed below $7,000, please post it.
Only one I remember even close is $7500 and it's not working.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Nice find Doug. The last routed one that I saw around here went for 7K.

#23 11 years ago

i paid 8k for mine four weeks ago. Beautiful condition.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

i paid 8k for mine four weeks ago. Beautiful condition.

Nathan how you liking that AFM ?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

A friend of mine has one for sale at $7,500 -- fully working, fully shopped, and with a complete set of new cabinet decals installed.

This one has been sold for the asking price.

#26 11 years ago

BOAT LOADS

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yeah, maybe some of you veterans can help us noobs.
Isn't the real price somewhere around what you can find them selling for on the Pinside market?
I'm guessing those (for the most part) are a little high if they've been there very long, but seems to be a nice one (recently shopped) is 9k. (per Weir pinball)
I've seen higher quotes and as low as $7500 for one that's not working.
Let's get some estimates on price range for routed machines up to shopped.
I'm saying 6k - 10k?
and if you happen to be in Canada, add taxes and shipping. Seems to me that minimum for a beater unit in need of resto is 7k+, and a mint one, closer to 11k. (In Ontario, we'd have to pay 13% just to bring anything across from the US)
Not to mention... there's not a single one to be found here at the moment per Macaa, Pinball Revolution, Mr Pinball Classifieds, and Pinside.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any of us who have been in this for a long time will find these prices mind boggling I bought my first AFM back in 2005, under $3K, then got another shortly afterward in the same range, traded them both away in multi-pin deals. So I find what they are going for today almost unreal, no chance I will ever own one again.

#28 11 years ago

2k-15k
Hope that narrows it down. lol

#29 11 years ago

If anyone finds one you don't want, pm me, I am looking for a restoration candidate

#30 11 years ago

I sold a nice players machine with Mirco PF installed for 8k a couple weeks ago.

#31 11 years ago

Here you go..posted 3 days ago and still available...working too! $6200

No go buy the damn thing...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/fff5aca86d1d2099#

<blockquote cite="#566976"
anyone who can find one listed below $7,000, please post it.
Only one I remember even close is $7500 and it's not working.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Congrats Doug! I know you had been looking for one for a while. That's a great price!

#33 11 years ago

A non routed just sold in PHX this week for 6,700. I was a few hours late unfortunately as usual.

#34 11 years ago

I love it concretehardt. Its a great game. Its so simple yet thoroughly entertaining. I just installed the bill ung saucer kit. Im hoping cointaker decides to send out my LEDs that I ordered over a week ago sometime soon. The kids across the street saw all four of my pins, they freaked out when they saw AFM.

#35 11 years ago

I thought it over and decided if I was ever going to be able to buy an AFM, now was the time. Its only going to go up in value. There are less of them made than MM and its a good solid game. The one I have has brand new decals and is very clean. I could easily get my money back or trade for a any title i want. Easy decision.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

how much are Attack from Mars really selling for. I have a chance to get one but want to know a decent range to base my offer upon.

Like others have said... big range here. They SELL for between $6500 (hard to find at that price) and $12000 (HEP restore). Like always condition and mods are everything!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Like others have said... big range here. They SELL for between $6500 (hard to find at that price) and $12000 (HEP restore). Like always condition and mods are everything!

Exactly...

#38 11 years ago

Got mine for 4.5k in September. If everyone stops paying the dumb prices they will go away.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Got mine for 4.5k in September. If everyone stops paying the dumb prices they will go away.

Just goes to show that some deals can be found. Not the norm by any measure. Congrats.

#40 11 years ago

Hey Josh,
how did you score such a great deal? Care to share?

#41 11 years ago

What made it go from $3900 to $9000 in 3 years...?

I'd love to hear the story on that one.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

So when you go to sell it, are you going to ask for $4.5k?

#43 11 years ago

The same thing that has made all games go up in price. Lots of new people entering the hobby, fewer games coming in off of route or containers, more games being restored, NIB price increases. I think we haven't seen the ceiling on this yet.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I think we haven't seen the ceiling on this yet.

I think your right.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Hey Josh,
how did you score such a great deal? Care to share?

Guess what? It was from a pinsider who posted it on pinside for that price and I had quick fingers!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I had quick fingers!

Sometimes that just works!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

So when you go to sell it, are you going to ask for $4.5k?

Why would I sell it? I already dumped like 2k into it restoring it. But If I ever had to sell it I would probably just throw it up on ebay and let the market pick the price, Like this guy:

ebay.com link: itm

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Guess what? It was from a pinsider who posted it on pinside for that price and I had quick fingers!

So your admitting it was sold well under market value?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So your admitting it was sold well under market value?

Depends, It needed pretty much everything and still could use a new cabinet. I have seen more than one at that price in recent months though so I would say I paid a fair price. I have a friend who cant let me live anything down so to prove I got ripped off he found one for $4500 in slightly better shape than mine right after I got it, and he found one that only needed a shop job and a translight for around $5500 but I still think I did fine. I think the current trend of paying in the teens for crappy examples or "A-list" games is not something I will do and the only people who would oppose this are the guys who think they have gold in a MM in need of a new playfield. This especially rings true when I play a new game like ACDC and realize I am having more fun than when I play AFM or MM and all the parts are brand new and come in at a fraction of these inflated B/W prices. Ill keep what I currently have but my line up is going to probably start featuring some NIB games in the future, especially if Star Trek happens.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Why would I sell it? I already dumped like 2k into it restoring it. But If I ever had to sell it I would probably just throw it up on ebay and let the market pick the price, Like this guy:
Ebay link

That guy isn't letting the market pick the price since he has a reserve.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-are-afms-really-selling-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.