(Topic ID: 324391)

How many years did you buy for until you felt priced out ?

By pookycade

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gundam_Pilot_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 1 year ago

I have been collecting for a little over 17 years. I cannot say that I feel priced out yet. I have over 50 pins in the collection, but I have no modern stern or JJP. I cannot justify spending that much money on a toy. I know that statement sounds funny, with the amount of games I own, but I cannot tell myself that a new GZ prem is fun enough to replace a couple of my DMD era B/W pins. I have a tough time buying games over 5K. Ive only spent 5k 3 times on my Mystery Castle, Williams Mini Bowl, and very recently (last month) a Williams IJ.

I will say that when I look at the pinside classifieds, its disheartening to see the majority of what's for sale to essentially be above 6k. And anything under that mark starts at $2500 and goes up. Unfortunately that gets you Cyclones, Secret Services, and other low tier games, when it used to get you games like JM, Demo, BSD, stuff WCS, ect.

A good portion is all overpriced sterns/JJP stuff. And you know what? That's fine. Kind of like the new car market, someone had to pay sticker price for the car to drop significantly when you drive it off the lot. The problem is that a good portion of collectors who overpaid, are not willing to take a financial hit for how deep they got into their game. So all you are seeing are these high prices that guys aren't willing to budge on.

The deals are out there guys, but If you cannot wait a little bit, those deals will never translate to you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gundam_Pilot_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-years-did-you-buy-for-until-you-felt-priced-out-?tu=Gundam_Pilot_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.