(Topic ID: 91668)

How many WOZ LE's are left to ship from JJP?

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by skywalker
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Woz tunnel.jpg
tHslFNe.jpg
116782.gif
prod_schedule.jpg
d-bag-15.jpg
ecle.jpg
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

Maybe we can get a weekly update from JJP on here so that people can have a better idea of when to expect pins

#2 9 years ago

Why would they be honest about that now?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Why would they be honest about that now?

Not saying they ever will be honest about it but doesn't it make some sense to provide a weekly update of some sort. Seems we are always stuck on 270.

I think some communication would go a long ways towards at least calming down some of the frustration that has reached a boiling point. I know the constant changing "delivery estimates" do more harm at this point. Some real numbers would be nice.

#4 9 years ago

Just call Jack. He is very accessible and will let you know when your machine is scheduled.

#5 9 years ago

no offense, but all this thread is gonna do is create yet another new drama pinside sh!t storm.

#6 9 years ago

Yep, call and get your estimate today-ish. It will be accurate-ish.*

* -ish accuracy is defined by +/- 180 days of actual date

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Just call Jack. He is very accessible and will let you know when your machine is scheduled.

That's part of the problem is calling Jack or Jen. It's easy to say "mid July" ish or whatever.

Most people get that from them, like I have before and then have no idea what's going on in the interim time, only to call back a month later and then its "mid August" ish

Rather than everybody calling in, wasting their time and yours, just simply post an update, weekly…

I hope this thread can remain positive and we can get some info….

It has a bearing on what I'm going to do with Hobbit...

#8 9 years ago

i'm going to break this down for the rare new ppl that enter any JJP thread.

JJP defenders: just call jack, he'll tell you whats up and answer your questions.

JJP haters: "ok go for it, it will be accurate-ish" and then repeat "ish" 50 more times.

I get both sides, they both have valid points, they both have every right to state those points... over and over and over again. but holy crap, is no one tired of re-hashing the same debate over and over again?

I keep reading for some reason tho, its kinda like watching a train wreck, you just have to look

#9 9 years ago

Careful, Ice. Alex will be here forthwith to call you a troll. Panzer will be along for a nuclear winter, at some point, as well.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

i'm going to break this down for the rare new ppl that enter any JJP thread.
JJP defenders: just call jack, he'll tell you whats up and answer your questions.
JJP haters: "ok go for it, it will be accurate-ish" and then repeat "ish" 50 more times.
I get both sides, they both have valid points, they both have every right to state those points... over and over and over again. but holy crap, is no one tired of re-hashing the same debate over and over again?
I keep reading for some reason tho, its kinda like watching a train wreck, you just have to look

And you are right on, I've been accused of being the biggest "JJP kool aid drinker"….

They could end ALL of this nonsense by just providing honest details and updates weekly, especially at this point in time of the production cycle and leading up to the Hobbit.

Is it too much to ask?

#11 9 years ago

Someone pointed out that in the JJP forum there are delivery posts this week. Just not Pinsiders I guess.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And you are right on, I've been accused of being the biggest "JJP kool aid drinker"….
They could end ALL of this nonsense by just providing honest details and updates weekly, especially at this point in time of the production cycle and leading up to the Hobbit.
Is it too much to ask?

I agree, and wish they would too... I'd love to see them have more transparency. but does that make me think they would/will? nope. And that certainly sucks for those still waiting for their WOZECLE. I was just commenting about how 95%-ish of the JJP threads is just the same tired old recycled posts and arguments. *yawn* Again tho, doesn’t mean they are any less valid, just wonder if anyone is getting bored with it.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Someone pointed out that in the JJP forum there are delivery posts this week. Just not Pinsiders I guess.

The only thread relevant to shipping updates is one asking "What order date is shipping now?"
The only response from anyone at JJP was from Jack on 4/25/14 - "We are getting there. See you in Allentown!"

No new "I got mine delivered" threads lately.

#14 9 years ago

Double post

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Nope.

#16 9 years ago

This is the highest serial # ECLE I have seen:

ecle.jpgecle.jpg

#17 9 years ago

828-100 = 728

#18 9 years ago

I guess the thumbs down is because you don't like facts?

#19 9 years ago

Why can't it just mean he disagrees ? Perhaps he is using common core where the answers are found on a spin wheel...

#20 9 years ago

Weren't they suppose to finish all the ECLEs before making the 75ths or was the recent 75th on the line just for getting distributors some games for display?

#21 9 years ago

Hard to believe that we have to resort to serial numbers on a box to have a clue. The only guy that seems to understand the communication issue is Rick and PPS.

How about a simple statement, "We made 40 LE's this week, and shipped 25 of those"......each week.

At this point after 3 1/2 years I don't think that's too much to ask for, especially with the Hobbit coming up and us as pinball consumers now having so many choices. We need to consider everything.

I love my Woz btw! And the service team

#22 9 years ago

Isn't there anyone who picks up the phone, makes a call to Jack and explains his (and more pinsiders) worries. Get a good conversation on the status and reasons of WOZLE delays and finally publishes the info in one of these threads.

Believe me... there will be a good explanation for all of this!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Isn't there anyone who picks up the phone, makes a call to Jack and explains his (and more pinsiders)

Don't you read these forums. They have called and they have been told several times it will be next month, and next month and next month. And yes they have been given many! "good explanations".

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Isn't there anyone who picks up the phone, makes a call to Jack and explains his (and more pinsiders) worries. Get a good conversation on the status and reasons of WOZLE delays and finally publishes the info in one of these threads.

We have been given various explanations for over a year now, in direct conversations and public statements.

#25 9 years ago

Good luck to anyone still waiting. You will get your games. I have confidence in that. But you won't get anything resembling a coherent explanation or an accurate, truthful estimated delivery date. Beyond ECLE, I wouldn't bet $1 on anything else ever making it out.

That said, I am out. Been in enough JJP hot water around here, and I believe that many of the most ardent fans have began to understand the frustrations of others.

#26 9 years ago

Gambit you were even in on WoZ for what, 2 years? not quite that long? I remember when you bailed.

I am glad most people think we will get them eventually. There is not much "aussie situation happening in us" or anything like that floating around. Given that...would someone post a pic of their MODDED WoZ here? I have not seen one yet all tricked out with mods and weirdness.

There should be a "cycle of the pinhead" life circle made. Enters hobby after long absence from exposure to pins, usually due to some new possibly random exposure to current pinball. Buy all pinballs in sight. Pre-orders? Yes please. WoZ, Predator, Zombie whatever, Nemo, Lexy Lightspeed, every stern LE so you dont miss out. Space problems? Who needed the cars parked inside anyways, they are CARS. Need to sell some of the first WAY overpaid for to make room for these preorders because they are imminent. MORE preorders, Lebowski, new pin2k, Matrix (must...find...a...way), BoP kit, MMr. And none have showed up. Better hurry and Pre-order Hobbit. High End restorations? OMG yes. I'll take 4. The last picture in the cycle should be a guy in a garage surrounded by pins in huge piles, but still waiting on all the preorders from yesteryear.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many WOZ LE's are left to ship from JJP?

At this point, the fact that ANY still are not shipped and that this question needs to be asked is embarrassing to pinball in general and just wrong. All the delays and missed ship dates aren't excusable by any stretch any longer. It's great that most of the pre-order LE's are out (plus a crapload of standards and some "Down Under's") but the good folk that are still hanging are getting screwed. I bailed on mine as I was tired of being told "it is real close now" while in the mean time, other folk got theirs, played it, then sold it and got the next new toy. Or others just went down and bought one off the shelf.
The guys still waiting are saints of patience and shouldn't be treated like complaining pests, just because you have yours and love it. ( Not directed at any one in particular, but you know who you are) Anyone still waiting has earned the right to bitch loud and hard at this point.
My $.02

#28 9 years ago

I know of at least one left to ship to Central Florida.

#29 9 years ago

One shipped last week directly to Pinagogo. They're definitely still pumping them out.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

One shipped last week directly to Pinagogo. They're definitely still pumping them out.

Define "pumping".

#31 9 years ago

ne shipped last week directly to Pinagogo. They're definitely still pumping them out.

LE or Standard?

#32 9 years ago

Delivering a show game to a show is not proof of anything new being produced.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Delivering a show game to a show is not proof of anything new being produced.

It was not for the show. The shipment date was during PAGG, so the buyer asked the shipper to deliver to PAGG (where he'd be) instead of to his house. It was an LE.

#34 9 years ago

That's the first one reported except for the Australian ( made 5 months ago).
Let's hope it means more .

#35 9 years ago

It was not for the show. The shipment date was during PAGG, so the buyer asked the shipper to deliver to PAGG (where he'd be) instead of to his house. It was an LE.

Post edited by Pdxmonkey: Corrected

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

That's the problem Jack never said it's on me he keeps trying to explain it all away.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

That's the problem Jack never said it's on me he keeps trying to explain it all away.

Have you heard of punctuation it's kind of a big deal it's been around a long time lots of people use it every day I think you should too.

#38 9 years ago

I think it was for the show
The apron said so

Are you talking about the game that was on the show floor?

I don't think the game NorCalRealtor is talking about was ever taken out of the box.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Have you heard of punctuation it's kind of a big deal it's been around a long time lots of people use it every day I think you should too.

d-bag-15.jpgd-bag-15.jpg
#40 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hard to believe that we have to resort to serial numbers on a box to have a clue. The only guy that seems to understand the communication issue is Rick and PPS.
How about a simple statement, "We made 40 LE's this week, and shipped 25 of those"......each week.
At this point after 3 1/2 years I don't think that's too much to ask for, especially with the Hobbit coming up and us as pinball consumers now having so many choices. We need to consider everything.

Ok Ice we all nominate you to call Jack tomorrow and request the weekly produced total be posted on the JJP site.

You can move the numbers here to Pinside weekly.

Also ask him what the hold up appears to be on getting these last 200-ish out the door.

You as the Head Kool-aid guzzler have the best shot at getting an answer.

Good Luck -- looking forward to your post tomorrow.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Iceman, Another moment of incredible clarity from you on this topic.

I think its fair to assume the lack of detailed information is LIKELY because they are afraid it will raise more concerns/questions than provide answers and/or elicit confidence.

There are direct questions that need answering and the response is facebook photos?

Imagine if JJP came out and said, in January, "Guys, we're totally screwed back here in production. The LED light board fix we thought was had- actually isn't working and we're still looking for a permanent solution. Oh, and to make matters worse, the guy we get cabinets from is way behind schedule. Im afraid we havent shipped a machine in the last 6 weeks and may not ship any for the next 4-6 weeks while we work out these issues. For those still waiting for pre-paid LE's it will likely be LATE Summer before we can fulfill those orders. And, frankly, thats an estimate, it may be longer."

What effect do you think that kind of transparency would have on their ability to collect Hobbit pre-order payments and/or keep folks from cancelling?

Ive NEVER believed JJP was as inept at predicting deliveries as they've made themselves out to be. The "aw shucks, we messed up, but we REALLY WANT to get them out as soon as possible" line just doesn't hold water. i think JJP has known much more accurately what the production lead-times were going to be and simple choose to dribble out news so as to keep the natives from getting restless.

My $0.02 and likely overpriced at that...

btw- I hope I'm wrong- because, while I don't care for WoZ, I really want to see The Hobbit get made. Unfortunately, I'm rarely wrong. The last time I was wrong, it was a time I "thought" I might be wrong, but in reality, I was (as usual) right.

#42 9 years ago

Call me crazy Lowepg, but I really think honesty and transparency goes a whole lot further than lying and misrepresenting the facts.

I agree that around the Sept/October time frame last year when pins were really being "pumped" out it wouldn't have done him any good to let everybody know what was really going on. Or even January.

At this point, after everything that has happened with the new funding, then investor bail out, Balcer etc. and continuous delays after supposedly the cabinet and Led issues were worked out, its NOW time to come clean!

I'm saying by not doing so is and will continue to hurt Hobbit sales. Is there a person in the world of pinball right now that is jumping up and down in excitement over JJP?

There are more and more google group threads getting deleted, ala Stern Facebook posts.

How confident can people feel about making a next payment on the Hobbit? Will most people even make the next payment before all LE's are done shipping?

What's Jack going to do, refund everybody's money?

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Call me crazy Lowepg, but I really think honesty and transparency goes a whole lot further than lying and misrepresenting the facts.

Hey, you're preaching to the choir. 99% of my criticism of JJP has been about their business practices.... NOT about their product.... I think Woz (while not my cup-of-tea) has massive innovations... maybe the first REAL innovation in pinball since Pin2K and DMDs....

I'm not an "ends justifies the means" kind of guy though, so I cant give JJP a pass on the BS as chalk it up to "hey, they had to do that to stay in business"

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hey, you're preaching to the choir. 99% of my criticism of JJP has been about their business practices.... NOT about their product.... I think Woz (while not my cup-of-tea) has massive innovations... maybe the first REAL innovation in pinball since Pin2K and DMDs....
I'm not an "ends justifies the means" kind of guy though, so I cant give JJP a pass on the BS as chalk it up to "hey, they had to do that to stay in business"

Lots of people think WoZ is an awesome game. I think any criticism leveled against the game is just responding to fanbois who said the game was going to be perfect. I see a vast majority of the criticism, mine included, directly addressing Jack and his practices. At the beginning of this project Jack had so much support as many people become angry with stern for various reasons. All Jack had to do is be honest with everyone. If he had done that there wouldn't be all the negative jjp threads and the machine is arguably as good as anything out there (meaning many love it and some don't which is to be expected for any great machine.) Instead he's been anything but honest and transparent, he's proven it's better not to tie your money up in a pre-order but to wait and buy when the machine is done and he's even pissed off many of his biggest supporters. The whole story is a shame of what could have been. Will he be able to continue past Oz? Who really knows at this point...

My opinions.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I think it was for the show
The apron said so

I know people were playing one at the show, but this particular one never made it out of the box. The buyer gave the delivery company the PAGG fairgrounds address, received the game on Day 1 of the show, and then sold the game to someone else out of his trailer in the parking lot. Eye witness right here. 5/16 WOZECLE delivery. Hopefully this is a positive indication that the production line is back on track.

#46 9 years ago

Sorry I corrected my previous post.
Saw one there with a PAGG logo on the apron and thought it was the same.

#47 9 years ago

I know people were playing one at the show, but this particular one never made it out of the box. The buyer gave the delivery company the PAGG fairgrounds address, received the game on Day 1 of the show, and then sold the game to someone else out of his trailer in the parking lot. Eye witness right here. 5/16 WOZECLE delivery. Hopefully this is a positive indication that the production line is back on track.

You witnessed a guy FLIP a nib wozle, potentially and probably for more than what he paid?

The PPCC must not be up yet......(pinball price control crowd)

#48 9 years ago

There is no communication because if people knew the truth, they'd just get more pissed off. It's better for them if people speculate why this has turned into such a cluster because the actual reasons are probably really terrible.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There is no communication because if people knew the truth, they'd just get more pissed off. It's better for them if people speculate why this has turned into such a cluster because the actual reasons are probably really terrible.

I am unaware of any corporate information dissemination that does not follow this pattern for bad news. Keep them in the dark becuse the truth will NOT make it better. Or some such saying.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

no offense, but all this thread is gonna do is create yet another new drama pinside sh!t storm.

Truth!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (OBO)
$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-woz-les-are-left-to-ship-from-jjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.