(Topic ID: 69909)

How many WH2Oers are missing the waterfall light shield?

By jdpilot

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

When I got my White Water over a year ago, it was missing the waterfall light shield. I've been trying to get a replacement ever since with no joy. How many of you are like me and are missing this piece? Am I the anomaly and this is the reason I can't find this piece?

#2 10 years ago

Mine has it. However, the rest of the topper is missing! So, I'm on a different search than you.

#3 10 years ago

No shield. Same as Fishtales I believe. No way I'm play $70+ for that. I've had wh20 since 2005 and don't feel I'm missing out.

http://www.aaarpinball.com/WhiteWater/WhiteWater.htm

... Altan

#4 10 years ago

lol, a incomplete game bugs the fire out of me. My wiring isnt correct on my waterfall lights which I going to change as well. I just went to your website and I noticed that you do have the light shield...you're just missing the clear topper cover.

Quoted from djblouw:

Mine has it. However, the rest of the topper is missing! So, I'm on a different search than you.

Have you seen this?

http://www.twistedpins.com/products/parts/whitewater_topper/?ProductID=73

#5 10 years ago

At this time the topper is not for sale due to issues that don't give it the waterfall effect properly. This is being worked on right now and we hope to have it back on the market soon.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from TwistedPins:

At this time the topper is not for sale due to issues that don't give it the waterfall effect properly. This is being worked on right now and we hope to have it back on the market soon.

Yep, I've been following this, and am waiting for the successful completion. I'll get one for sure.

#7 10 years ago

ME. TOO!

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jdpilot:

When I got my White Water over a year ago, it was missing the waterfall light shield. I've been trying to get a replacement ever since with no joy. How many of you are like me and are missing this piece? Am I the anomaly and this is the reason I can't find this piece?

I'm confused. Are you missing the entire topper, or just the clear plastic cover? If it's the latter, those are readily available.

#9 10 years ago

Neither... According to the manual, it's called 'waterfall light shield'. That's the metal part that sits in front of the lights so you don't see them flashing on the topper. I've got the clear topper cover and a repo topper. I'm looking forward to getting one of twisted pins toppers so I can finally have the waterfall effect

My original post though was wondering who all was missing the metal piece...I can't seem to find one anywhere, and if its just me that's missing that infernal part, it would explain why no one makes the replacement anymore.

#10 10 years ago

What's this part look like? Are you talking about the black metal piece that screws into the back box and the topper dome?

#11 10 years ago

That's the one. But the topper dome screws into the metal piece

#12 10 years ago

Soooo, just me missing this piece then. Guess that explains why no one sells this replacement piece

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from jdpilot:

it's called 'waterfall light shield'.

Literally a $3 piece of angle (L-channel) iron/aluminum... seriously, make your own and you're in like flint (takes a little aftermarket DIY to make fit/work properly, but on a scale of difficulty (like your new WH2O ramp issue). It is a 1/10 on difficulty and requires no tools that you shouldn't already have in your arsenal from basic home needs). If you don't have the tools, Home Depot/Lowes/etc will cut it to length for you and you can use a cordless drill to auger out the mounting holes.

1 year later
    #14 9 years ago

Just found this thread after posting to the marketplace:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-wh20-metal-shield-for-waterfall-lights

Any luck with this item? I realize this is a year old...but I've got the same issue.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwistedPins:

Wow, you are actually still alive. I have texted and emailed and left messages through pinside trying to find out about this but none have been answered. I would imagine that if it hasn't happened by now it isn't going to happen.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Wow, you are actually still alive. I have texted and emailed and left messages through pinside trying to find out about this but none have been answered.

The post you quoted is over a year old.

#17 9 years ago

Oh, well don't I feel stupid. Maybe they are dead. Obviously, before anyone gets offended, I mean Twisted Pins not the people running Twisted Pins. I would like to get the topper as I paid them and let them keep my money. I did at least get one of the defective ones so I have something there, it just doesn't work very well.

#18 9 years ago

If someone is still looking to pick up one of these bars I still have an extra one I can part with. PM me if interested.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-wh2oers-are-missing-the-waterfall-light-shield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.