(Topic ID: 240476)

How many visitors a month does your Barcade / Arcade or Location get?

By TechnicalSteam

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DCF3024B-CE0B-4BA0-8314-22E6C2AA8E10 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Freeplay seems to be the way to go. Cost of maintaining coin machines, dollar changers and ATM just doesn't appeal to me.

Tradeoff is people staying all day and playing enough to go below what the average cost per game is.

Another major annoyance that I saw at Cidercade after leaving TPF was people starting 4 player games, playing a ball, then walking away. My biggest gripe about shows, and would certainly not want to deal with it at a location if I opened one.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I was going to open my own arcade. After I talked with city officials, lawyers, cpas, etc I decided it was too much of an undertaking for just me. I had a potential business partner back out and it’s too much work for one person. I already have a full time job and a family, so that left little time to focus on an arcade. There will be a lot of maintenance issues and lots of legal hoops to jump through with taxes/fees/utilities etc. I wound up putting some pins and games on location locally and hope to maybe open my own arcade the future. It’s still a dream I’d like to see come to fruition- maybe one day!

What non-pinball games did you put out. I'd like to open an arcade of my own as well, but for now I'll just have games on location. Might have to get a storage unit soon though.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I put out a really nice multicade and a Nintendo playchoice along with a Super Mario pin and slugfest. Mario kart, basketball games, skee Ball, driving games, shooters seem to make a lot more money than pinball. It all depends on your target audience. Different games for kids vs adults.

My main location (9 games) exists solely for me to have tournaments, but they want games for non-pinball people to play too. I'm delivering my first ticket game and prizes on Friday to see how this little experiment goes. I'd like to have 2-3 ticket games there that are fun and just a few prizes that are of interest to kids that are at an indoor soccer and roller hockey facility.

EDIT: I'd love to put in 2 skeeball games, but they simply don't have the space to do this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-visitors-a-month-does-your-barcade-arcade-or-location-get?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.