(Topic ID: 240476)

How many visitors a month does your Barcade / Arcade or Location get?

By TechnicalSteam

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DCF3024B-CE0B-4BA0-8314-22E6C2AA8E10 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I'm toying with some numbers trying to determine what works and doesn't.

Just curious what the average # of visitors for a succesful location is. I realize not everyone is going to
    spend on Pinball. I was at 1up Greenwood for almost everday for a month and estimated around 1000+
    visitors walked thru the doors a month when I was thee 7-10pm. I would say less than 15% were spending $ on games.

Think 1up has been the ultimate location I've been to in CO, MO, IL, and FL. Silver Ballroom in STL and Logan's hands down 2nd.

Arcade seemed to get a bit more spend. Couldn't believe the traffic they got on big pac man and
    hoop shoot games.

#2 2 years ago

No way of knowing.

One customer spending $40 is way more that 20 people spending a buck or less each.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Couldn't believe the traffic they got on big pac man and
    hoop shoot games.

And no way to know if they are making money or not. They might need a lot of traffic to break even.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Depends on if you go free play or coin drop. Would you rather get people in at a set fee or pay for play and no entry fee? I’ve seen good results with both. Something geared more to kids works great on free play in my local area.

#4 2 years ago

Yeah I'm just trying to do some business planning.
    Trying to think of the Lowest Common Denominator for visitors and how to make it break even.

Fortunately I can break the space up for my Office space need but still $ per SQFT is what it is.
    On paper I need the pinball space to break even and I want to provide a low cost league and
    charitable space for Tournaments. Estimating a successful flow will help me figure out the
    numbers.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Depends on if you go free play or coin drop. Would you rather get people in at a set fee or pay for play and no entry fee? I’ve seen good results with both. Something geared more to kids works great on free play in my local area.

Freeplay seems to be the way to go. Cost of maintaining coin machines, dollar changers and ATM just doesn't appeal to me.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Freeplay seems to be the way to go. Cost of maintaining coin machines, dollar changers and ATM just doesn't appeal to me.

Tradeoff is people staying all day and playing enough to go below what the average cost per game is.

Another major annoyance that I saw at Cidercade after leaving TPF was people starting 4 player games, playing a ball, then walking away. My biggest gripe about shows, and would certainly not want to deal with it at a location if I opened one.

#7 2 years ago

Have you ever been in the coin op industry ?

If not, you have a lot to learn.

#8 2 years ago

I was going to open my own arcade. After I talked with city officials, lawyers, cpas, etc I decided it was too much of an undertaking for just me. I had a potential business partner back out and it’s too much work for one person. I already have a full time job and a family, so that left little time to focus on an arcade. There will be a lot of maintenance issues and lots of legal hoops to jump through with taxes/fees/utilities etc. I wound up putting some pins and games on location locally and hope to maybe open my own arcade the future. It’s still a dream I’d like to see come to fruition- maybe one day!

#9 2 years ago

I would not suggest doing free play. Bill changers are the least of your worries and ATM's are generally put in by another operator. Pinball does good, classic games don't make money. Skee ball, hoops, air hockey and new sit down shooters are money makers.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I was going to open my own arcade. After I talked with city officials, lawyers, cpas, etc I decided it was too much of an undertaking for just me. I had a potential business partner back out and it’s too much work for one person. I already have a full time job and a family, so that left little time to focus on an arcade. There will be a lot of maintenance issues and lots of legal hoops to jump through with taxes/fees/utilities etc. I wound up putting some pins and games on location locally and hope to maybe open my own arcade the future. It’s still a dream I’d like to see come to fruition- maybe one day!

What non-pinball games did you put out. I'd like to open an arcade of my own as well, but for now I'll just have games on location. Might have to get a storage unit soon though.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

What non-pinball games did you put out. I'd like to open an arcade of my own as well, but for now I'll just have games on location. Might have to get a storage unit soon though.

I put out a really nice multicade and a Nintendo playchoice along with a Super Mario pin and slugfest. Mario kart, basketball games, skee Ball, driving games, shooters seem to make a lot more money than pinball. It all depends on your target audience. Different games for kids vs adults.

DCF3024B-CE0B-4BA0-8314-22E6C2AA8E10 (resized).jpeg
    #12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I put out a really nice multicade and a Nintendo playchoice along with a Super Mario pin and slugfest. Mario kart, basketball games, skee Ball, driving games, shooters seem to make a lot more money than pinball. It all depends on your target audience. Different games for kids vs adults.

My main location (9 games) exists solely for me to have tournaments, but they want games for non-pinball people to play too. I'm delivering my first ticket game and prizes on Friday to see how this little experiment goes. I'd like to have 2-3 ticket games there that are fun and just a few prizes that are of interest to kids that are at an indoor soccer and roller hockey facility.

EDIT: I'd love to put in 2 skeeball games, but they simply don't have the space to do this.

1 week later
    #13 2 years ago

Freeplay barcades are all the rage where I live. Im sure there is a lot of money made on alcohol and food...likely more than on games on the average day.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Have you ever been in the coin op industry ?
    If not, you have a lot to learn.

Llyod speaks the truth. Again.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside