Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paragonbackglass (resized).png
    paragon (resized).png
    #1 5 days ago

Hi i found a Paragon with totally different layout ive never seen! Backglass looks real from pics. It has a spinner ramp on left, no pop bumper near bottom left, does not state "Paragon" on playfield, etc. Anyone have any info. of maybe prototypes?

#2 5 days ago

Didn’t one design remove the second flipper on the bottom right?

#3 5 days ago

Is it one of those Brazilian versions of the game? Similar but also not? Or maybe a conversion kit of paragon?

Or maybe someone broke the original games glass and put in a paragon?

You’re really not giving much to work off

#4 5 days ago

Ramp in the late 70s?
    Nah
    I believe I read that there were Euro paragons with 3 flippers but that’s all I know of different 0Paragons

#5 5 days ago

Gonna need to see pics. The 3 flipper version still says paragon on the playfield

#6 5 days ago

I'd like to see the picture.

#7 5 days ago

Did someone maybe just throw a paragon backglass into a different game?

#8 5 days ago

Are you possibly confusing Paragon with Lost world? Both share the same artist and theme but the are completely different games. Post some pictures.

#9 5 days ago

Ok here is a snippet of the pic.

paragon (resized).pngparagon (resized).png
    #10 5 days ago

edit: got my pinball names mixed up, nevermind. Anyways, it's a different game, not Paragon.

#11 5 days ago

And heres a pic of the backglass buyer posted.

paragonbackglass (resized).pngparagonbackglass (resized).png
    #12 5 days ago
    Quoted from PinJoint:

Ok here is a snippet of the pic.
    [quoted image]

Yeah that's Lost World. Someone must have broken the backglass and got one from a Paragon since it matched the art and the segment displays are in the same spot

Nothing special.

#13 5 days ago
    Quoted from BigAl56:

Are you possibly confusing Paragon with Lost world? Both share the same artist and theme but the are completely different games. Post some pictures.

You are correct! The seller has this playfield with a Paragon backglass. I dont know what kinda shit their trying to pull.

#14 5 days ago
    Quoted from PinJoint:

You are correct! The seller has this playfield with a Paragon backglass. I dont know what kinda shit their trying to pull.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect, ignorance, or incompetence

I doubt they're trying to pull a fast one

#15 5 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect, ignorance, or incompetence
    I doubt they're trying to pull a fast one

The seller might not have even been the one who did it. It could've been someone else or even the operator when it was on location. Maybe somebody threw a big beer glass at the backglass (or maybe something far less dramatic happened) and the operator just replaced it with whatever he had on-hand.

#16 5 days ago

The paragon backglass make that Lost World worth more in my opinion.

#17 4 days ago

I explained to the lady what she had. Also suggested she was pretty high on price for a game with the incorrect backglass and playfield wear. We'll see if she makes any changes to the ad. PS I have no interest in purchasing the game personally.

#18 4 days ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I explained to the lady what she had. Also suggested she was pretty high on price for a game with the incorrect backglass and playfield wear. We'll see if she makes any changes to the ad. PS I have no interest in purchasing the game personally.

Probably because she googled paragon pricing. I don't blame her for not realizing they're different. But yeah, way less demand for Lost World.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-versions-of-paragon-are-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.