(Topic ID: 18282)

How many times have you bought the same pin?

By joeraptor2003

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“once”

• Twice 20 votes
      57%
    • Three times 8 votes
      23%
    • 4 times 1 vote
      3%
    • Ahhh what the hell I do it all the time... 6 votes
      17%

(Multiple choice - 35 votes)

#1 11 years ago

I was thinking about my collection in my head and realized that I had 2 Firepowers and 2 Black Knights go through my collection.. Since I just picked up a beautiful HUO BK2000- now I am looking for... yet..another Black Knight..

.. does anyone else go through this ? Or I am just insane.
    Thanks

#2 11 years ago

3 TAFs and 2 TZs

#3 11 years ago

No I'd say you're pretty sane if what you are doing is upgrading to a better machine with each purchase.
    So far I have only done it once, with SS.

#4 11 years ago

never...yet, trying to get another TZ.

#5 11 years ago

Yep. Black Hole, 12 times in 30 years. Each one got a little better than the first. The most I had was 4 of them at one time. Not insane ... just a collector.

Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I was thinking about my collection in my head and realized that I had 2 Firepowers and 2 Black Knights go through my collection.. Since I just picked up a beautiful HUO BK2000- now I am looking for... yet..another Black Knight..
    .. does anyone else go through this ? Or I am just insane.
    Thanks

#6 11 years ago

two afms and two sms

#7 11 years ago

Two GnRs...only title I've owned twice. BSD will join that list once I can find one.

#8 11 years ago

I've only done it once, with Judge Dredd. First one was a partial trade towards CV. Didn't want to get rid of it, but that was the only way to make CV happen at the time. Replaced it a couple years down the road with one with a much nicer cabinet and a proto/sample/early machine with the cool sniper plastic (among other things) to boot. So it worked out VERY well in the end.

Then again I haven't sold very many machines as I tend to get too attached to them. The ones I've pondered selling that are actually worth a little money would all be ones I'd end up having to replace someday, so why bother..

#9 11 years ago

two TZ's and two BSD's

#10 11 years ago

2 TZ's, 2 JP's, still want them both again!!

#11 11 years ago

Two TZ's. I see a pattern here.
    Jim

#12 11 years ago

Two TZ's, two TFTC's. The TZ was a condition upgrade at a steal of a price. The first TFTC had to go for a trade on a game I really wanted, but I later found another nicer one.

#13 11 years ago

2 Fish Tales
    2 Maverick

#14 11 years ago

3 funhouse, 3 whirlwind, 3 fireball..
    that's it

#15 11 years ago

2- Dimensions, 2- Free Falls, 2 - Team Ones, 2- Pro Pools

#16 11 years ago

3 - Flash Gordon. Not leaving this time.

Oh, yeah, and 2 - High Speed.

#17 11 years ago

3-TZ's. Finally have a HUO one .
    2-T2's. Sold both.

#18 11 years ago

2 Whodunnits and 2 Whirlwinds

#19 11 years ago

3 williams jousts (each one was much nicer than the previous). had all 3 at once for a little while and then sold off the 2 not as nice ones a few years ago

#20 11 years ago

Never bought the same pin twice.

#21 11 years ago

I've had Indy 500 3 times, and Rollergames 3 times. Each time, doing an 'upgrade'.

Had plenty of games twice.

#22 11 years ago

TZ - 2, JD -3, T2-3, AFM-4, MB-2, STTNG-2, WCS94-3, WH2O-2, FH-2, TS-3, NF-3 and currently have only AFM, MB, STTNG.

#23 11 years ago

I have owned 2 CV, 2 TAF, 4 TSPP, 2 AFM, 2 LOTR,2 wh20 ,3 POTC, 2 STTNG, 3 Scared stiffs but 2 of them was the same one. Man looking at this what the hell is wrong with me.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

No I'd say you're pretty sane if what you are doing is upgrading to a better machine with each purchase.
    So far I have only done it once, with SS.

If you've only done it once, you can't vote in this poll, since "once" isn't an option.

I can't vote in the poll either, since I've only done it once as well (Tron LE).

#25 11 years ago

Lot's of Times ,,,,,,,,,, and Will continue ...

#26 11 years ago

2 sopranos
    2 T2
    2 RFM
    2 TFTC

Sopranos I would buy again as it still is my favorite stern to date.

#27 11 years ago

3 tafs, 4 es, two whirlwinds, 2 fires, 2 wcs94's, 2 black knights, 3 tspp, 2 torpedo alleys, 2 ft, 3 fh, 2 getaway, 2 gnr, 2 hh, 2 high speeds, 2 ij, 2 jp, 2 rfm, 2 taxi, 2 t2, 2 tom, on my second tz. that's about it...lol

#28 11 years ago

I could see owning more than one BBH.

#29 11 years ago

2X LOTR
    2X TSPP
    2X CC
    2X SS both early production
    2X TZ
    2X TOTAN
    2X RS
    2X Sopranos
    2X WH20
    2X IJ
    2X STTNG
    2X HS2
    2X T2
    2X FGY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-times-have-you-bought-the-same-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.