(Topic ID: 290122)

How many SURVIVED? The state of EMs today...

By Gott72

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4663565305_be5c913275_o (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20210317_150956 (resized).jpg
    raven-pinball_6923 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 3 years ago

I do not think the online registries (pinball owners, pinside, etc.) are a good indication of the games that still exist.

Out of the 9 games currently in my collection, 6 were not registered anywhere and came from owners who wouldn't even know what that is. Go to any pinball show and you’re likely to see a game that you’ve been looking for online but magically someone local brings it. There are some big time contributors on this forum that do not list any of their games on their collection page. I myself had games for the last 10 years and only started participating in online forums in the last couple years.

If I had to take a guess I would say less than 20% of any title survive. I think the attrition rate is very low at this point unless it’s a game that’s parted out by a collector.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Back in 1984, I answered my mother's question of "What do you want for Christmas this year?"
    She didn't enjoy my answer of "a pinball machine!" but 2 days later, she took me to her classmate's coin-op warehouse. He was the big OP in the region and he walked me into a storage area of about 200 EMs. "Take your pick, anything, $200 each."
    He seemed like he truly cared less, and I ended-up with a WMS '77 Big Deal. No charge for the delivery and at the time, 2 flights of steps up with 90-degree turns in a side-by-side!
    In '84 with a pinball in your pad, you were a hit with all the chicks that came over to party. I felt like Hefner, LOL.

Love stories like this. Missed out on that era!

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I know one that didn’t survive. The Dodge City that was heavily vandalized on Fairbanks ave in Winter Park, Fl. in 1973. Not many remain today. Very hard game to find.

Just got done playing a few games on my unrestored, original Dodge City. A very popular game in its day I’m sure. Can you imagine seeing this game on location for the first time??

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-survived-the-state-of-ems-today?tu=Gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.