Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kmoore88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I haven't seen a rolling stones pin in a while must not be that many made. How many were produced?

#2 9 years ago

The usual sources don't have production numbers for it. (Mr. Pinball price guide included.)

#3 9 years ago

I have an LE

#4 9 years ago

I have been told under 1000 Regulars and about 100 LE's. They did not make the LE #' s in order.

This pretty much confirms it: http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=5668

Jim

BTW: Many are in the possession of hard core RS Memorabilia collectors. That is why you don't see them for sale very often.

#5 9 years ago

Was the low perduction numbers becase of bad gameplay or something else?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

How many were produced?

Too many?

I kid

#7 9 years ago

MATH!

In the statistical theory of estimation, the problem of estimating the maximum of a discrete uniform distribution from sampling without replacement is known in English as the German tank problem, due to its application in World War II to the estimation of the number of German tanks.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

There are a bunch of old threads on this. Here are 3 popular themes:

1) The rules were not very good initially.

2) Very cheap toys including "Mick on a Stick."

3) Jack announced WOZ the same day.

Quoted from mot:

MATH!
In the statistical theory of estimation, the problem of estimating the maximum of a discrete uniform distribution from sampling without replacement is known in English as the German tank problem, due to its application in World War II to the estimation of the number of German tanks.

Yeah, the Math is fuzzy on this one. The world may never know exact numbers.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Too many?
I kid

Typed the same exact thing (including the smiley face).

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

From what I can tell, I think a lot of people were underwhelmed by its traditional layout and cheap look/feel (cheap plastic cut-outs and "Mick on a Stick"). It's also a brutal game if you can't control the ball, so ball times are short for a lot of your casual players. Most seemed to not really give it much of a chance as a result.

It was also probably a case of "wrong place, wrong time", as it came right before some of Stern's best, like Tron and AC\DC (which made the game easy to forget). People that have played mine though start to really enjoy the game when I describe the rules and stacking in greater detail and guide them on how to play.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Typed the same exact thing (including the smiley face).

Me too, but didn't send.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Same as Iron Man...bad first impression and opinions made up before anyone played it. It is a cheap looking design, esp cuz of Mick...but it's a very fun game.

#14 9 years ago

There's been one on location at the Joliet, IL mall for a couple years now, I pray every time I walk into the movie theater it's gone but my prayers have not been answered.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

There's been one on location at the Joliet, IL mall for a couple years now, I pray every time I walk into the movie theater it's gone but my prayers have not been answered.

That must mean it earns well

#16 9 years ago

I liked the alternating ramp shots. It felt good when you could get a bunch of combos going back and forth.

#17 9 years ago

It's got no competition, it's the only pin on location for miles!

#18 9 years ago

Yep too many is definitely the right answer

#19 9 years ago

Just change the title to The Walking Dead and they can re-release it as a zombie themed pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-stern-rolling-stones-exist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.