Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by r6emperor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Ive got one and love it, but i never hear about anyone ealse having one. Never seen one in all the game room pics eather.

Also why dident they make more wide bodies?

#2 12 years ago

I noticed one 2 days ago in a dive greasy spoon joint a couple blocks walk from my apartment.I played a few quarters. It was pretty fun.

#3 12 years ago

Really, nobody?

#4 12 years ago

I have one... But it has not been restored yet, so it is in storage.

Phoebe

#5 12 years ago

I'm fixing one for a friend. It's in ok condition. He wants to trade for my Flash Gordon. He wants $200 for trade value.

It keeps blowing a fuse, can't remember which one off hand. I'll be contacting you for some pictures later, if you don't mind.

#6 12 years ago

I have one with an superb cab, very clean inside and out with a little wear on the center of playfield. In process of restoring as well.

p

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I'm fixing one for a friend. It's in ok condition. He wants to trade for my Flash Gordon. He wants $200 for trade value.
It keeps blowing a fuse, can't remember which one off hand. I'll be contacting you for some pictures later, if you don't mind.

Yes id be glad to send pics, or any other help you need. email me [email protected]
.Ive done a mild restore on mine.plays perfectly. Mine was blowing the solenoid fuse, one of the diodes thats on all the solinoids was bad.
Mine was routed, but i was lucky to get the origonal manual,supplement, scematics all the score and instruction cards an even the origonal envelope for all the paperwork/ manuals.

#8 12 years ago

I've got one waiting for the royal treatment as well.

11 months later
#9 11 years ago

I've got one. Bought it for $500 in October 2012. Much more fun than it looks. Lots of targets to hit, and plays faster for a Widebody.
Sound is an issue, and my playfield has some depressed inserts. It is the favorite of noobs when they play all the games.
Just brought it to a theater scene shop, and it gets much attention. Moved it in -14 degree weather; let it sit for two hours, and it plays great! So it's quite hearty as well.

#10 11 years ago

When I first met the wife, she was storing one for her sister in her basement. We would play a few games after our date. That machine is responsible for me being a pin owner, and a pinside regular.

Wish her sister never sold it!

#11 11 years ago

I used to have one but the cab was in rough shape. I sold it recently, it was surprisingly a fun game though!

#12 11 years ago

I had one for years, sold it at the Columbus Ohio USAA auction back around 2003. Pin plays fast for a widebody and had great artwork. People would say lets go play the Star Wars pin back when we had at one of out mall locations, always thought that was good marketing make it look that way without paying the license fee

#13 11 years ago

I've had mine for 5 years. Got a very clean one, and it plays fast! Lots of fun, and WIDE too..

It looks great next to my Blackout, Defender pin, and Defender video.

#14 11 years ago

I worked on one last month and thought it was a pretty cool game. It definitely is a w-i-d-e-body! I told the guy that if he ever wanted to sell it to give me a call.

4 months later
#15 10 years ago

Yep I have one (I'm in Australia) I remember my mother taking me to a distributor back in 79 to buy a Quick Draw machine and they had a brand new Stellar Wars (and let me play it)

Fast forward to 2011 and I managed to buy one in quite good condition and plays great. Sits next to my black hole.

I think there are pics in my profile of it (will post more)

#16 10 years ago

Got one. CC'd NOS playfield. Just recently put in a few select LEDs and led star posts that flash when the sling shots go off. Looks really nice. Gonna be adding two more flashers to that center insert next. Excellent Steve Ritchie title - IMO.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from winslow:

Got one. CC'd NOS playfield. Just recently put in a few select LEDs and led star posts that flash when the sling shots go off. Looks really nice. Gonna be adding two more flashers to that center insert next. Excellent Steve Ritchie title - IMO.

Could you post a video ?? I'd love to see the LEDs and posts

#18 10 years ago

I have one, so does my brother (his was actually a birthday present from me). I did make the mistake of giving him the nicer machine. I wanted a Stellar Wars to go with my Flash and Firepower, and picked up a nice working one from a friend, then about a week later another friend had just picked one up out of a home, he wasn't into pins so he sold it to me for a great price, I loaded it up without really checking to see the condition or if it worked (yea the price was that good), took it to my brother who was looking for another pin to play with, and after we unloaded it and set it up, it played perfectly, and had new pinball pcb circuit boards in it to boot (those right there would cost more then I paid for the game)! Anyhow he cleaned it up, and installed leds in it, and now it looks almost new. PF has no wear, and the backglass is perfect. I told him if he ever gets tired of it, then I want it back and will sell mine. It's a great game, I love the early SS games.

#19 10 years ago

I have a SW's. A TRUE barn find!
It sat in a horse/cow barn for 14 years. It kept blowing fuses so the
owner (not knowing a thing about pins) tried to fix it himself.
They cut and snipped wires everywhere trying to fix it, no go.
So they stuck it in the barn and there it sat.
Last year, a coworker (who has 2 pins) told me he has an old school mate
that has an "old" pin he's going to look at because he wants it out of his barn.
Yup, the SW's.
He goes to look at it and brings it into work the next week, in his mini-van,
and says he can't do a thing with it and am I interested. "Hell ya !!"
Well, you know the rest of the story.
I give the guy pocket change for it, and 4 weekends (full 8 hour days, Sat. & Sun.),
I've stripped it, cleaned, polished, repaired wiring, had a buddy fix the main board,
replaced broken or missing parts, etc., and it's up and running 100%.
PF is a 7 out of 10, BG is a 5, play is a 10.
I picked it up because of the price, figured I'd fix it up and flip it.
Well, it's still here. It's a keeper.

#20 10 years ago

Would any of you SW owners mind taking some high resolution cabinet artwork photos for me? I'm working on a set of Williams widebody virtual models for an emulator project, and I'll be using them to "skin" the SW model. These early Williams widebodies sure are hard to find good pictures of (haven't found anything at all for Pokerino).

If you can help, please email them to [email protected], and thanks!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from winslow:

I seem to remember that PF!! I think pics are in order...would also like to see the LEDs and Star posts!!

Phoebe

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Would any of you SW owners mind taking some high resolution cabinet artwork photos for me? I'm working on a set of Williams widebody virtual models for an emulator project, and I'll be using them to "skin" the SW model. These early Williams widebodies sure are hard to find good pictures of (haven't found anything at all for Pokerino).
If you can help, please email them to [email protected], and thanks!

I can take some on the weekend, what do you need ?? headbox too ? Front ?

#23 10 years ago

Just picked one up last weekend. The old owner bought from an auction in NY 13 years ago, moved it to Tennesse, then moved to Pittsburgh and moved it to a few houses and eventually onto craigslist. "i'm sick of moving this thing...."

Has a few locked coils, some wear on the playfield, and the backglass is just starting to flake. Needs a thorough cleaning and some board work and should be ready to go. Has the system 6 MPU in it with a matching serial number sticker.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-stellar-wars-owners-on-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.