Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EmperorWang_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rennervision.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 8 years ago

Just curious who out there has an SE on order? I've been waiting on mine for 2 1/2 years now and since all I ever read are discussions of people waiting on their LEs, I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who didn't get on the LE list. Was initially told mine would be ready in December 2014, then at the start of this year I was told March 2016. Now it's looking like that's not happening either.

If anyone is interested, here is an email I received that was sent yesterday from Chicago Gaming. (Thought the mention of "Pinball #2" was interesting as well.) :

______________________________________________________________________________

Dear Dealer/Distributor

We have been very busy at Chicago Gaming. I want to bring you up to date on several issues

1. [Details of game #2 removed at the request of CGC]

2. MMR Standard Editions will immediately follow the LE productions. When we will start SE's is really more a function of when the cash stops flowing on the LE's . Therefore, we expect SE's to be flowing while a few dealers continue to chase down monies on their balance allotments of LE's. LE's will always take priority on our shipping priorities. All 500 of our first release of SE's have been committed for.

3. In recent weeks, we ran into a string of MMR owners concerned about the ink on their inserts. Quite frankly this became an overreaction of these online forums. The original game utilized relatively dim incandescent bulbs, MMR utilizes three bright LEDs under each insert. After much experimentation, we have designed a styrene diffuser that does an amazing job distributing the light evenly - entirely removing the hot spots created by the LED lamps. The diffuser considerably increases the legibility of the inserts. We will soon be making this available to all concerned. Additionally, a software update will allow owners to adjust the brightness of these controlled lamps. We have already received a small quantity of these styrene diffusers, and we are installing them on already manufactured machines to assure ease of installation and proper fittings. After we are satisfied with the process, we will then order a quantity of them and make them available through our dealers. I plan on sending a small quantity of these available to you at N/C so that you can distribute them to your customers who have expressed concern.

4. Our DMD kit is complete and being prepared for shipment. However, we will not be ready to ship these until we have completed our software update. Originally, we were planning on shipping this in February, but the line keeps getting moved with the requirements of the software update. We hope to have the software update completed within the next three weeks. These updates will be available for all to download. More details on this will be shared with you as soon as it is posted. We will rely upon our dealers to share this information with all MMR customers.

5. It's not yet clear to us as to how we are going to distribute the DMD kit for LE buyers. We are working with our partners at Planetary Pinball to assure that we are able to offer this item at the most attractive price while assuring expedience of delivery. More to come on this as well.

We appreciate your support and patience as we move in to SE?s and Pinball #2. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Best regards

Doug Skor

Vice President of Business Development
    Chicago Gaming Company
    4616 W. 19th St.
    Cicero, IL 60804

<phone and email removed by pinside staff>

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rennervision.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-standard-mmrs-will-be-built?tu=rennervision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.