(Topic ID: 16941)

How many selling for new pins?

By badbilly27

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sell.PNG
    #1 11 years ago

I know I'm starting to bust at the seams on my collection space. I keep looking them over and thinking, which one would I move for Xmen, WOZ, BHZA, Avengers, Hobbit. Crap!! So many great themed pins coming out.

Good problem to have but anyone else going to have to thin the herd?

If so let me know, maybe we can work a deal?

#2 11 years ago

Well,....I would say your collection is perfect so I hate to recommend a sale pin...

#3 11 years ago

I have been considering selling off a few of mine to get a ACDC premium

#4 11 years ago

I think I see the weak link in your collection

sell.PNGsell.PNG

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Good problem to have but anyone else going to have to thin the herd?

I am in this boat but I make my choice based on what games I play the most. Even if a game is an amazing collector piece it all comes down to the gameplay! If I don't play it much its on the chopping block. Lately I have been playing Dr Who, Tron and Transformers like mad.

#6 11 years ago

No............but like I said before. Plasma and sperm baby!!!

#7 11 years ago

Thanks Gorilla. I'm struggling because I'm finally happy then they have to go and make more cool pins!! Oddly, I won't say which ones I'm toying with getting rid of because I'm just not ready yet. But, in my head I think - new technology or keep the classics.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I think I see the weak link in your collection

Unfortunately, just the playfield to swap into the RFM - which will never leave my cold dead hands. It would be the weakest link even though I enjoy it.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Lately I have been playing Dr Who, Tron and Transformers like mad.

Good recommendation. And I've been playing Tron a lot as well.

#10 11 years ago

Your collection looks PERFECT to me.

please let me know if you want to get rid of anything

Also, just curious how safecracker holds up in a collection like yours? Does it get much play?

#11 11 years ago

Yes, sold my BOP and trying to sell my KISS and TAF to make room and gather funds. Got my eye on an Xmen depending on what the playfield layout looks like.

#12 11 years ago

Anyone selling a CV or TOTAN to make some room, just give me a holler.
    I'm happy to fund your new pin purchase

sealclubber, what are you asking for your TAF? I've got a friend looking for one.
    Shoot me a PM.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, just curious how safecracker holds up in a collection like yours? Does it get much play?

Safecracker is one my kids (both of them) favorite pins. They love having friends over and each take a flipper and try to win that coin. For me, it's a part of pinball history and I also love the coins that come out - who doesn't? I don't play it very often unless friends or my kids want to. Glad to have it, just so unique.

#14 11 years ago

I sold a SS to make room for WOZ but that space looked lonely for too long so filled it with WCS94. Then sent FGY out on loan but eventually decided to sell that and replace with Tron pro. Recently sold a JD to make room for WOZ again. Done for a long while I hope.

#15 11 years ago

Sold BSD and DM to fund TRON.
    Out with the old and in with the new...no regrets!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Thanks Gorilla. I'm struggling because I'm finally happy then they have to go and make more cool pins!! Oddly, I won't say which ones I'm toying with getting rid of because I'm just not ready yet. But, in my head I think - new technology or keep the classics.

Have you considered getting a storage unit? I know this is a dangerous path to go down, but sometimes you don't have any you really want to sell. Initially, I started folding some pins up in my house. Two folded pins take up space of one open pin. You can play some games and then unfold / fold for a fresh take. After awhile, I noticed I had bought a few more and suddenly, I had a bunch of folded pins and very few set up to play. Tried dishing a few at friends homes, but that wasn't for me. Finally got a storage unit and store overflow. I can swap a handful of games in a few hours time and it feels fantastic! Other than getting the monthly bill I would say it works pleasantly well. Of course if you are short on funds, this approach will not work.

#17 11 years ago

sell me your monster bash. Please?

#18 11 years ago

I've still got a couple of those Safecracker coins! I added them to my general arcade token collection when that pin first came out. Can I come over and use one of them on yours?

#19 11 years ago

Yes, Sell Dave your MB so I can play it

#20 11 years ago

I won't be selling for new games, BUT if I had your collection I might! Don't have that large of a collection to work with.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Have you considered getting a storage unit? I know this is a dangerous path to go down, but sometimes you don't have any you really want to sell.

It's a real dangerous path. And I own a self storage business.

#23 11 years ago

Very dangerous. Sell me the GnR

#24 11 years ago

You do have a perfect collection WOW!!

#25 11 years ago

Hope it wasn't fully restored..........

#26 11 years ago

Nah....you need at least two dozen more!

#27 11 years ago

A NIB would have to be awesome for me to consider selling anything from my current line up.

#28 11 years ago

Sold TZ , For the heck of it.. Guess I need the Space for another in the Near Future ,, AC & GNR

#29 11 years ago

Have you considered getting a storage unit? I know this is a dangerous path to go down, but sometimes you don't have any you really want to sell.

From a guy who has a storage unit (it's main purpose ain't pins though, although it has some...), I wouldn't suggest doing the storage unit thing unless you can get a really cheap rate, and it is easy for you to move machines in and out of your house by yourself. Otherwise, you'll end up paying a significant amount of money for the storage area that you could instead be putting toward building onto the house or doing something to fit your collection more, if that is your thing.

The best would be if you could find a warehouse or something that would allow you to set up your machines and actually play some of them somewhere else.

I also like (*gasp*) loaning a machine or two out to operator friends to route. They return them to me in better shape then they get them in, and it allows me to yearly rotate the herd... while also getting a whole new set of legit high scores on my machines that I need to beat!

#30 11 years ago

Um, all this great advice but you are really looking to scoop up a game as someone else needs the space ; )
    Great timing with all these titles on the way.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

TaylorVA said:I traded my WH2O for WOZ.
    Hope it wasn't fully restored..........

....why yes it was......

#32 11 years ago

I got offered 3 tables for my MB.

#33 11 years ago

Have you considered getting a storage unit?

Luckily, I do have space in my back basement to store some folded up pins. But, I'm starting to think the hobby is getting the best of my common sense. Keeping A titles in storage just feels wrong. On one hand, I know I'll never get these back in my collection in this condition for what I paid again. So I should keep them. On the other hand, it's not like a video game cartridge. Keeping a $K pin in storage to rotate later - I feel a bit like a hoarder. So torn.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

ell me your Monster Bash. Please?

I'm not there yet on MB. Almost traded MB and TZ for a BBB but was too slow to the draw. If I do sell it I'll keep you in mind. It's a beauty too in terrific shape. But I need to make sure I'm done with that one before selling cause hard to come by.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, Sell Dave your MB so I can play it

I'll invite the WI gang over one night for games. Welcome to play mine.

Quoted from scooter:

You do have a perfect collection WOW!!

Thank you. I'm fortunate.

Quoted from iceman44:

Nah....you need at least two dozen more!

My wife is awesome but starting to say "Really? More?" it is starting to feel wrong.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Um, all this great advice but you are really looking to scoop up a game as someone else needs the space ; )

As I think about selling I was curious what others were thinking as well. Then the sickness, but if someone sells that mint GNR maybe I could.....it's just a sickness.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Luckily, I do have space in my back basement to store some folded up pins. But, I'm starting to think the hobby is getting the best of my common sense. Keeping A titles in storage just feels wrong. On one hand, I know I'll never get these back in my collection in this condition for what I paid again. So I should keep them. On the other hand, it's not like a video game cartridge. Keeping a $K pin in storage to rotate later - I feel a bit like a hoarder. So torn.

I would sell some now while the gettin is good.......just do it, you know you will have to have the new pins coming out...when you get to the point of storing pins, you're right, "that's just wrong"!

#36 11 years ago

Always willing to make the drive to friendly Bear country (I am one of the few WI residents that is not a fudgepacker fan) to play some pins

#37 11 years ago

I was kidding on my "get another 2 dozen" post I've tried so hard not to let this thing get out of control for me....

I've got SM, LOTR LE, WOZ and BHZA coming later....I'm in on the next two JJP pins and if Stern hits the right theme for me I'm on it too...so maybe that is already out of control but...

I've had to resist BDK, CV and TOTAN....there have been many times where I almost pulled the trigger only to talk some common sense into myself!

#38 11 years ago

The thought crossed my mind. Then left it just as fast as it came. I am collecting all my favorites. I will find room and will only rotate if I am personally ready to. Have not had to give up the couch yet though.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #40 11 years ago
    Quoted from wescor97:

When X-Men starts shipping, I will have to start sanding the walls down to make more room... It's a sad day when you can't physically squeeze another pin into your collection...

Or, perhaps, you can part ways with a certain wide body rock and roll band pin sitting in your collection. Planning to travel to Texas any time soon by chance?

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Always willing to make the drive to friendly Bear country (I am one of the few WI residents that is not a fudgepacker fan) to play some pins []

Hey man youre not the only one in Wi that dont like them lol i hate football season all they talk about lol

#42 11 years ago

As far as the games are concerned i know Star wars ep1 isnt loved but its always nice to have both the pin 2k's together and with someone eventualy coning out with the 3rd pin 2k game conversion these might get pretty scarce down the road

#43 11 years ago

Ok so TZ is getting voted off the island and up for sale shortly. Anyone else selling for Xmen, WOZ, BHZA?

#44 11 years ago

I sold a JD and a FGY to make way for WOZ and Tron.

#45 11 years ago

I sold CFTBL and TOTAN and will use the money for XM maybe WoZ or Avengers.

I have a limit of no more than 5 pins at a time.

I hate to sell quality pins, but with my limit, some have to go to make room for different pins.

#46 11 years ago

Thought about selling AFM but it is just such a great game. Some of the A listers will forever stand the test of time, no matter what comes out in the next few years.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought about selling AFM but it is just such a great game. Some of the A listers will forever stand the test of time, no matter what comes out in the next few years.

That's what I use to think. Not so much anymore.

#48 11 years ago

I started out as more of a pin guy, but then I started ditching my pins for vids. Now, I'm moving back to pins.

I'm in the process of selling a bunch of my vids in order to clear space/funds for pins. I'm picking up a POTC in the next couple of weeks, and I hope to get the ball rolling on a Tron Pro once that deal is done.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-selling-for-new-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.