(Topic ID: 195199)

How many RPMs is a Mixer motor?

By bingopodcast

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    Fractional-Motor-Cores (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballyoldboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Wrong!!
    It will run 20% slower at 50 Hz. You have it the other way round. Living in the UK I suffer from this all the time
    Sorry the quote didn't come up from the few posts above me

#9 6 years ago

Very interesting baldwit, you have brought up a subject very dear to my heart. I have often wondered which lug either the 50 or 60Hz would produce less strain/heat on the coil here in the UK. Since my Bally Hawaii spotting motor went up in flames some years ago wired to the 50Hz lug I have often agonised as to weather it might not have happened if 60Hz lug had been used. Which lug produces the most resistance and would that make it run hotter in the UK due to the increased strain? (Not sure if I've made sense with that). No motor class lessons in my school we were all busy thinking about girls

#11 6 years ago

Wow thanks for that @baldwit
    I will no longer concider the 60Hz lug and stop worrying.
    It's a shame that the coil is so hard to remove thus making a rewind so difficult to do. If you have any tips to share on that I will pay great attention. I have 3 motors I would love to restore. Thanks for your time

#12 6 years ago

Maybe starting a motor coil removale thread would be a good idea..... but I think it's impossible

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I guess it depends on whether you have it set on mix, blend, or whip! Sorry......

Am I the only one who doesn't get this

Anyway pic shows a shutter motor from my United Pixies, bingo; I bought the last one ever from PBR. I couldn't split it any further than you can see, could've saved $160, damn. No point starting new thread we all know brut force is the answer. The end

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballyoldboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-rpms-is-a-mixer-motor?tu=ballyoldboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.