Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191101_214500 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1097 (resized).JPG
    Flash (resized).JPG
    51BF08C8-95DC-424C-839F-F103599DC413 (resized).jpeg
    Next1 (resized).JPG
    73E9ED0F-7F51-4E14-8CA3-DE7C596DB732 (resized).jpeg
    absynthe (resized).JPG
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

2 rooms currently. Was 3, two years ago.

#52 4 years ago

Wow! Thanks each of you for responding to my simple question with so much enthusiasm. As Dave Barry said, "there is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"".

For those of you who can get to the Northwest, check out these guys in Hillsboro, OR. Their collection moved to a commercial building and is now open for public play on weekends, under the name "Next Level Pinball Shop" (btw, that's me in the pic, not the owner). I think they're at about 230 games (pins and arcades) and preparing to double that:

Next1 (resized).JPGNext1 (resized).JPG
    #53 4 years ago

Currently games are in 10 rooms. Not just pins, but pachinkos, pachislos, vids, etc. Had lots of space after the divorce....

#54 4 years ago

All games are in the same room.

#55 4 years ago

they are in: 2 bedrooms, hallway, dining room, living room (does the hallway count as a room?)...I am trying to downsize...

#56 4 years ago

1 room. 9 pins.

#57 4 years ago

An arcade room w/ a GT, a 2500 in 1 & two touchscreens (JVL & Merit). The pin room is in the back of the house that only has enough room to accommodate three pins. We rotate pins quite often.

#58 4 years ago

My home has 6 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, large mom in law 2 story addition...so how many? Yes.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

any bathrooms?

I had a Dig Dug in the bathroom for a couple of years. No, it wasn't a cocktail table.

#60 4 years ago

I don't feel too bad about carving out new real estate in my "art" room for this garage-find Flash....

Flash (resized).JPGFlash (resized).JPG
    #61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

1100 sq ft mobile. 6 in master, 3 in bedroom 1, 3 in bedroom 2, 6 in living area. Still have room for a few more machines.

Now that’s a pinballer! You have more money in pins than you do in house. Love it.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from clodpole:

I don't feel too bad about carving out new real estate in my "art" room for this garage-find Flash....[quoted image]

Tidy up that said
    "art room" and you could fit three more!

#63 4 years ago

game room , living room , & dining room ....... & I kind of miss having the one in the entrance foyer by the front door

#64 4 years ago

I guess it's technically two rooms right now, but they are all in the basement and there isn't a door between the rooms, just a change in flooring.

#65 4 years ago

My 2nd bedroom has games - 1 room
    My friend's basement has 3 of my games - up to 2 rooms
    My brother's house has 1 of my games - up to 3 rooms
    My distributor is holding on to a few NIB games in his warehouse - up to 4 rooms

Currently building a house with a big enough basement to hold them all...so in 6 months it will be down to 1 room

#66 4 years ago

>Tidy up that said "art room" and you could fit three more!<

Hi rollitover - that big mess is actually the garage the game's coming out of tomorrow. The art room's in pretty good shape and ready to receive Flash. Apropos of this thread, it bumps our number of rooms with games up from 1 to 2. We're on the slippery downhill slope....

#67 4 years ago

Two rooms in my basement. It would be every single room in my house but the wife won't allow it. I have a pin that I ran out of room for up at my parents house and yet another pin I ran out of room for up at a friends house, so maybe that counts as four rooms in three houses?

10 years ago I only wanted one pin for my rec room. I was warned that he who buys one pin will inevitably buy another... and another... and another. Now I'm up to 8 (if you consider Zizzle's and Star Galaxy 'real' then its 11).

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Two rooms in my basement. It would be every single room in my house but the wife won't allow it. I have a pin that I ran out of room for up at my parents house and yet another pin I ran out of room for up at a friends house, so maybe that counts as four rooms in three houses?
    10 years ago I only wanted one pin for my rec room. I was warned that he who buys one pin will inevitably buy another... and another... and another. Now I'm up to 8 (if you consider Zizzle's and Star Galaxy 'real' then its 11).

Damn if that isn’t true. I planned to get one. Then decided just one more. Eleven months later I’m at 8. The need to get more does not seem squelched yet damn it.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

Damn if that isn’t true. I planned to get one. Then decided just one more. Eleven months later I’m at 8. The need to get more does not seem squelched yet damn it.

I hear ya. After I was filled to space capacity at 3 pins I told myself that if I were to ever get another then I would have to sell one from my collection to pay for it and make room. Yeah that never happened. Instead I ended up remodeling the unfinished portion of my basement to expand my game room to make additional space. I figured I could stick *one more* machine in there and maybe a couch and display some collectibles. That room now has nothing but three full sized machines and two 1/3-sized Zizzles. For some reason I just couldn't part with any of my pins. I think buying that first machine a decade ago triggered an addiction.

#70 4 years ago

16 pins, 1 vertical disc game and 4 arcade machines in my basement game room, 3 pins in various stages of restoration and 1 arcade machine in the garage. As much as the wife loves pinball she won’t let me bring any into the main part of the house.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

This should be who is married and who isn't? haha.

I'm married...so only 2 rooms with pins. I am seriously considering expanding to a 3rd room, however.

#72 4 years ago

Currently 9 in the basement, in my head I have space for 20 mapped out. "But maybe #21 could fit here, and if I moved this cabinet there's #22, and maybe I could move the boiler for #23 and #24 there," and so on. This is what I daydream about, where to cram in more pinball machines long before I actually own them.

Would love to start putting some in our third floor loft/pool room, but besides two flights of narrow stairs to navigate there's dormer ceilings up there, and those are pinball kryptonite. Thankfully my wife loves pinball, so there's little fuss.

#73 4 years ago

19 games in 2 rooms, but with oldest doughter moving out most probebly games in 3 rooms very soon

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Game room 18
    Small room off game room 4
    Laundry room 2
    Dining room 1

Update:
    Dining room 2, as of today.

#75 4 years ago

Currently 3 rooms including the garage, living room, and dining room, but any damn room in my house I want them in depending on my mood.

#76 4 years ago

Now we've got 2 games in one room, and one game in three rooms (the sign of a sympathetic wife):

IMG_1097 (resized).JPGIMG_1097 (resized).JPG
    #77 4 years ago

All 14 working and 2 project pins in the basement. I’d rather have them all down there, it’s an escape from normal life above the basement. I tell people that as a (sole proprietor) piano tuner I can’t justify taking week-long unpaid vacations, so my basement full of pins IS my vacation.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

All 14 working and 2 project pins in the basement. I’d rather have them all down there, it’s an escape from normal life above the basement. I tell people that as a (sole proprietor) piano tuner I can’t justify taking week-long unpaid vacations, so my basement full of pins IS my vacation.

You can tune a piano, but you can't........... oh wait, you CAN tune a pin.

#79 4 years ago

Basement only. I could have 6 comfortably

20191101_214500 (resized).jpg20191101_214500 (resized).jpg
    #80 4 years ago
    Quoted from clodpole:

the sign of a sympathetic wife

I'll say!

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-rooms-do-you-have-games-in/page/2?hl=clodpole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.