(Topic ID: 243741)

How many projects do you have to be redone?

By tonyhoff1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

In the last 2 years I keep buying them and can’t stop lol. Here is a list of what I have left to be redone. I own 23 pins.

Fish Tales
    Dr Who
    Starship troopers
    NBA fastbreak
    Harley-Davidson Sega
    Slugfest
    Shaq
    Strikes N Spares
    The Getaway
    No Good Gofers
    Terminator 2
    F-14 Tomcat
    Guns and Roses

Games that I have to just clean up

AC/DC
    Metallica
    Tron

Even with having this many problems lol I still keep buying. Ugh

#2 4 years ago

I have one true project pin, that I haven’t had time to work on for almost a year, and then one pin that needs a new cabinet (and isn’t worth making the cabinet for). I’m officially banned from bringing in any other non-working pins until the first one is back to being operational.

#3 4 years ago

I was told I can’t buy anymore and I have to sell some. Then the wife went to the shed and screamed my name. I ALREADY knew. Lol

#4 4 years ago

Four- One just needs stencils, one needs to be gone through 100%, repainted and stencils, ones needs to be stripped, painted and decals and the last is being stripped for paint as we speak after extensive cabinet repairs.

#5 4 years ago

Sorry but my wife might read this.
    -Mike

#6 4 years ago

0. Unfortunately all my machines are 100% functional. I do have 4 lamps out on my Future Spa but I need to replace an IC and be done with it. AKA I need a project real bad!

#7 4 years ago

Depends on what you mean by a project...., there all projects to some degree...LOL.
    I have ten games set up and playable that are staying in the collection forever that are waiting a playfield swap.

Cactus Canyon (doing a cabinet swap on it as we speak)
    Spectrum
    Barracora
    Wizard
    Playboy, Bally
    Mata Hari
    Fast Draw
    Fathom
    Centaur
    Taxi

Finding the time is the hard part.
    John

#8 4 years ago

I have 5 projects. One of them, my Farfalla, has been on the back burner for four years now.

What really sucks is when you have a pin you already shopped and now it's 10 years later and it needs to be shopped again.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

What really sucks is when you have a pin you already shopped and now it's 10 years later and it needs to be shopped again.

No, what really sucks is a game you bought twenty plus years ago and haven't shopped it yet because your too busy playing it.....LOL.

John

#10 4 years ago

Old stuff waiting in my restore queue.. & continuing maintenance
    1957 Bally Show Time bingo pin - needs restored
    1974 Gottlieb Top card - needs restored
    1975 Chicago coin Top ten - needs restored
    1968 Gottlieb Royal guard - mechanically done, just needs cabinet paint finished up
    1974 Bally Amigo - just half of bottom of the playfield mechanicals left to fix, needs cab & top side of playfield cleanup
    1981 Bally Embryon - my first pin! works, but could use some detailing & switch caps replaced
    1982 Bally Mr & Mrs Pacman - works, but needs switch caps replaced

#11 4 years ago

Gottlieb Pin Up. Plays ok, cab is shot.

United Bowling Alley. Bought non working, see my restoration thread.

Chicago Coin Fleetwood bowler. Plays ok most of the time. Cosmetics could use a face lift.

Yet I'm still looking!

#12 4 years ago

Just one, C37 that's stashed in my daughter's garage, hidden from my wife.

#13 4 years ago

I have stopped buying project pins. To me a project pin is anything that needs work beyond a full shop out, coil sleeves, flipper rebuild and general repair. Playfield swaps, cabinet stencils/decals, etc are no longer welcome here!!

Recently I sold a Sorcerer project rather than working on it and I just completed a Paragon that I initially started working on three years ago. That said, I still do have the following projects in my garage. Once they are done, I hope to have the will power not to buy any more:

Atlantis 1975 - needs playfield swap to brand new playfield
    Dodge City 1964 - needs playfield swap to better playfield and complete shop-out.
    2001 - I have a new playfield but the game is working fine without it!

#14 4 years ago

Its taken 3 years. Down to just a major shop job on Pinball magic. My poor Flintstones was crushed, head smashed into playfield. Its going on rotisserie, then cabinet fix and major shop job.
    Then the other 15 need all the mods I bought put in.

#15 4 years ago

1) Bally Strikes and Spares, prepping for an overlay install.
    2) Bally Evel Knievel waiting for hardtop install.
    3) Bally Night Rider, bought not working but cosmetically nice, need to look into that.
    4) Another Bally Night Rider, made a playfield protector for it but need to tweak it.
    5) Medusa - pf swap, but honestly, that's so far down the road....
    6) ToTAN - pf swap...please see #4
    7) KISS - pf swap...see #4 and #5...
    Recently purchased Indiana Jones needs complete shop job when I stop playing it.
    9) Couple optos need to be addressed on Space Station.
    10) Mods I purchased 10 years ago for Twilight Zone and others keep piling up...

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-projects-do-you-have-to-be-redone?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.