(Topic ID: 116172)

"How many plays until you know a Pin is one u might want to own?

By Mercury

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“"How many plays until you know a Pin is one u might want to own?”

• Just a few games 67 votes
      60%
    • 20 games at least 42 votes
      38%
    • I would need to play it for a year before I decide it's one I'd own. 2 votes
      2%

(111 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mr.owl.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago

I don't think there is a true answer to your question. I think most people would agree if you play a well dialed in machine and don't like it with in a few plays it is highly unlikely you will ever grow to like it. I also think it takes about 10 or 12 games to see if a machine has stay power in a smaller collection. But to say you can get an answer in "X" number of plays just isn't going to work.

One thing we have learned over the years is DON'T decide if you like a game or not if you are playing a machine that is not 100%. I can't tell you how many machines we bought as projects - played them a few times before we had them 100% - decided we didn't like the game - put it up for sale before we had it dialed in - sold it and then finished it before customer came to get it - and once it was working 100% and fully shopped we wished we could keep it.

Bottom line is to follow your instincts as long as you are playing a recently serviced machine. If you play it a few times and it doesn't seem to fit odds are you will never like it. Or if you play it a few times and love it chances are you will always enjoy it. I am not saying this is the case 100% of the time but odds are 90% of the time your first instinct will be correct.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-plays-until-you-know-a-pin-is-one-u-might-want-to-own?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.