(Topic ID: 199464)

How many plays are on your Stern machines?

By Who-Dey

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0321 (resized).JPG
100_0015 (resized).JPG
100_0437 (resized).JPG
100_0044 (resized).JPG
100_0185 (resized).JPG
100_0131 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I am just trying to get an idea of how much that the average person plays their pinball machines and what kind of maintenance that you have had to do on them etc. I am trying to figure out how many plays is considered a lot, how many plays should a game last before the playfield is trashed etc? I know there is no definite answers on any of this stuff but it may give us some ideas on what to expect out of our games. Would you buy a game that has 5 thousand plays on it? 10 thousand plays?

My games are as follows:

TWD Pro owned approximately 2 years. 1700 plays look great zero maintenance issues.

GOT Pro owned 1.5 years. 1200 plays looks great, one switch had a bad solder joint from the factory...easy fix.

GB Premium owned 1 year. 1050 plays, looks great, no maintenance issues.

AS Pro owned approximately 5 months. 650 plays looks great, zero maintenance issues.

#2 6 years ago

TWD Pro owned 2 years. 3038 (I'm retired so lots of time to play!) no maintenance issues.

AC/DC Pro VE owned 3 months. 833 - quite a few little niggles with this: there's a spring on the playfield in front of the bell to divert the ball - it was fixed so wrong it was trapping the ball. I've so far had 4 loose connections on bulbs. Flasher lamps behind the thunder targets kept jumping out - needed a spot of super glue, one of the lamps has failed already. Line-in fuse blew (fortunately hasn't happened again). All small things with quick fixes. The playfield is dimpled but doesn't this happen to all playfileds? AC/DC is very bright with a high gloss finish so dimples are noticeable. No ghosting or real problems with the machine.

I can't see any problem buying a machine with 5 thousand plays or even 10 thousand. Provided it's held up I'd say it had passed the test of time.

#3 6 years ago

I don't by any of the newer games but I could care less how many plays are on them in care how they play now.

#5 6 years ago

What a great route! Good for you.
Not surprised to see reliable IM holding its own.
Thanks for sharing!

#6 6 years ago

Wow that is unbelievable lol.......

You must have a incredible location!

#7 6 years ago

NIB LOTRLE 2009 580 no software updates .
NIB SM 2007 3 updates 789 total
I keep logs or how many plays before I update .
NIB X-Men LE 2012 3 updates 699
NIB The Avengers LE 2012 2 updates 950
NIB STLE 2013 2 updates 690

100_0131 (resized).JPG100_0131 (resized).JPG
100_0185 (resized).JPG100_0185 (resized).JPG
100_0044 (resized).JPG100_0044 (resized).JPG
100_0437 (resized).JPG100_0437 (resized).JPG
100_0015 (resized).JPG100_0015 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

NIB LOTRLE 2009 580 not software updates .
NIB SM 2007 3 updates 989 total
NIB X-Men LE 1012 3 updates 899

Nice games! You don’t play them much do you?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice games! You don’t play them much do you?

I Ebb and Flow in and out of pinball . No I have not been playing for the last two years. I have many hobbies . I also compete in the online video game Diablo 3 seasons and my YouTube channel I theory craft class builds for Diablo 3 take 100 of hours of testing . I train for marathons; and do lots of semi- professional vocal music , dance , theatre . I travel to "Grateful Dead" shows . Three this summer . I also am in the coin-op business and have been collecting pinball for 23 years . I have an Attack from Mars that I purchased new in 1996 that only has 365 plays on it . I have started playing pinball again in late September daily . I as usual now I want to buy a NIB machine LE . And the pricing is out of control.

100_0321 (resized).JPG100_0321 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I Ebb and Flow in and out of pinball . No I have not been playing for the last two years. I have many hobbies . I also compete in the online video game Diablo 3 seasons and my YouTube channel I theory craft class builds for Diablo 3 take 100 of hours of testing . I train for marathons; and do lots of semi- professional vocal music , dance , theatre . I travel to "Grateful Dead" shows . Three this summer . I also am in the coin-op business and have been collecting pinball for 23 years . I have an Attack from Mars that I purchased new in 1996 that only has 365 plays on it . I have started playing pinball again in late September daily . I as usual now I want to buy a NIB machine LE . And the pricing is out of control.

That's awesome, I love Diablo 3. I bet that AFM is unbelievable!

#11 6 years ago

GOT Pro. Bought NIB and received it February 2016. Over 6k plays.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No wonder you are a really good player . Holy molly . I picked up on this from reading your knowledgeable post on pinside .

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

No wonder you are a really good player . Holy molly . I picked up on this from reading your knowledgeable post on pinside .

He’s probably already got the playfield wore down to the wood on that baby!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Atta boy! Any issues with your spike system at all?

#15 6 years ago

Met pro led owned for 1 month and have 450 plays with no issues. (I have a roommate who likes to play alot too)

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Atta boy! Any issues with your spike system at all?

No sir. Just a batch of bad EOS switches when I rebuilt the flippers. Fixed with buy By a different type of EOS switch.

I have ghosting on 4-5 inserts and one playfield X insert is sunken just a bit. Put Mylar over it. No wear.

My center ramp left metal wall is getting close to breaking like others have noted, but I can get that welded/repaired.

That's it!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Haha. I don't know about really good player, but I do play a ton. Play a game enough and you'll get a decent score here and there.

5 years later
#18 12 months ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

NIB LOTRLE 2009 580 no software updates .
NIB SM 2007 3 updates 789 total
NIB X-Men LE 2012 3 updates 699
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Does software updates or anything else reset the # of plays counter?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-plays-are-on-your-stern-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.