5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gorno
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I believe some people have more than 1 account”

• yes 78 votes
      70%
    • no 34 votes
      30%

(112 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

im-brian-38mm.jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Not trying to stir the pot, but I believe there are a bunch. What would be the motive behind having more than 1 account? How can we be sure this isn't happening? And is there a way to prevent it?

#2 5 years ago

Do you think people are going to just come out and admit it? Just like Shawshank Redemption, we are all innocent in here!

And no, I do not have multiple accounts.

But, are you allowed to have multiple accounts if you are Bi-polar or have multiple personalities?

#3 5 years ago

I've got 4 of them.

Don't tell Robin.

#4 5 years ago

im-brian-38mm.jpg

#5 5 years ago

you missed the option of:

- i don't care if they do or not...

#6 5 years ago

I do however, and it's my poll. so if you don't care then your opinion is not what I'm looking for. No offense intended.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Do you think people are going to admit it
    No but wouldn't it be great to expose those that do? No good reason to have more than 1 that I could see. Unless you have some unscrupulous motive. and it is against the rules...I ask cuz I believe I've been deceived by one of em. But i guess lessons dont come cheap, and at least I've learned mine. Maybe this post will save someone else the cost of this lesson. And sorry no, I don't kiss and tell. But its happening so be aware. I'm sure there will be some telltale signs of who has multiple identities by the time this thread runs it's course.

#8 5 years ago

y'know...

"kiss and tell".... this really irks me when people claim they think they've been burned (or have been burned), and then gripe about it, but won't expose the people who burned them...

i know, i know, you don't want my opinion...

#9 5 years ago

Sorry, I answered the poll incorrectly.

I thought you were asking me if I have multiple accounts (I don't). But you were actually asking me if I think others do. I don't really know, but based on some of the rants I've seen it looks like folks do, which makes people here quite feisty.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

y'know...
    "kiss and tell".... this really irks me when people claim they think they've been burned (or have been burned), and then gripe about it, but won't expose the people who burned them...
    i know, i know, you don't want my opinion...

After yesterday and these posts, I wish there was a follow option. I dig your style dude.

#11 5 years ago

Can't really think of a benefit except in a for sale thread where the op/seller uses his 2nd dummy account to make positive comments on the machine that's for sale.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Can't really think of a benefit except in a for sale thread where the op/seller uses his 2nd dummy account to make positive comments on the machine that's for sale.

Some people like to stroke themselves too.

#13 5 years ago

not sure why anybody would
    not sure why anybody would care
    this thread is a waste of bandwith
    how do i get my the last 10 seconds of my life

#14 5 years ago

When you see a new account with zero posts come into a thread and bash someone/something, then you know its a 'Multiple Accounter' (trademark name for them in this thread...all rights reserved).

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Some people like to stroke themselves too.

Where's THAT poll?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from joelleoj:

Where's THAT pole?

I fixed it for you.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

I fixed it for you. - sorry about that

I changed the quote to make a point. I think Pinside needs to fix quoting so that if you quote someone you can't change the quoted text...

EDIT: even if it is funny

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

wouldn't it be great to expose those that do?

Quoted from tp:

I don't kiss and tell.

Quoted from vdojaq:

But, are you allowed to have multiple accounts if you are Bi-polar or have multiple personalities?

#19 5 years ago

I have enough trouble with one real me.
    I can't fathom managing a second fake me.

#20 5 years ago

Key words...."I beleive"...no facts...you don't out someone without proof. I feel I've done my part by bringing it to the attention of the group that might not of realized that this is most likely happening. If anyone wants to hate on me for that then have at it. Remember the question never asked if you cared, so don't gripe to me about how your wasting your time with a question that you didnt have to respond to.As for wasting bandwith, why are you wasting it? I feel it's a valid topic, if you don't then don't be wasteful of it. you do realize the clouds only so big don't you? Once again no offense intended, except to those with multiple accounts...Peace out, as I'll be an observer of this thread from here on out, not a participant, since I've said all I had to say.

#21 5 years ago

My theory is all the posts in this thread were made by the OP and his multiple accounts. Except mine.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Key words...."I beleive"...no facts...you don't out someone without proof. I feel I've done my part by bringing it to the attention of the group that might not of realized that this is most likely happening. If anyone wants to hate on me for that then have at it. Remember the question never asked if you cared, so don't gripe to me about how your wasting your time with a question that you didnt have to respond to.As for wasting bandwith, why are you wasting it? I feel it's a valid topic, if you don't then don't be wasteful of it. you do realize the clouds only so big don't you? Once again no offense intended, except to those with multiple accounts...Peace out, as I'll be an observer of this thread from here on out, not a participant, since I've said all I had to say.

Tbh, not sure why everyone's so upset.....

#23 5 years ago

People who create a second account simply to anonymously bash someone on a thread usually are outed/reported in about 2 posts max. People who get banned and find a way around the IP block are also usually outed in about 2 posts max. Both types get their accounts shut down by the mods pretty quick. Otherwise, most people play by the rules around here. It does help that mods can see everyone's IP on every post on every thread, and Robin is cooking up some new safeguards with the upcoming revamp/updates. Stay tuned for big changes.

#24 5 years ago

They are all alt accounts
    There is only 5 real people posting

#25 5 years ago

I don't really care if they do or not. Doesn't affect me. I actually considered it once because I believed "Noone" deserved his own account

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I believed "Noone" deserved his own account

He really does

#28 5 years ago

How many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

most people play by the rules around here.

In my time on the pinside, I only tilted something once, (because I thought it was dumb) which was then followed up by an e-mail warning I'll get suspended for 1 week if I did it again....

I felt like I just got caught smoking in the boys room...

#30 5 years ago

Wait, you got in trouble FOR tilting something? I've never heard of that happening, because thats totally backwards of the new rules. But it must have been awhile back and before my mod time because we dont even have bans/suspensions anymore.

#31 5 years ago

yep, and this was like last month! All I did was tilt something I thought was dumb..

#32 5 years ago

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

People who create a second account simply to anonymously bash someone on a thread usually are outed/reported in about 2 posts max. People who get banned and find a way around the IP block are also usually outed in about 2 posts max. Both types get their accounts shut down by the mods pretty quick. Otherwise, most people play by the rules around here. It does help that mods can see everyone's IP on every post on every thread, and Robin is cooking up some new safeguards with the upcoming revamp/updates. Stay tuned for big changes.

Boom goes the moderator.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

How many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.

I heard something similar to this once about 22 years ago in Tx on one particular evening.
    Are you from tx ?

#35 5 years ago

yep, and this was like last month! All I did was tilt something I thought was dumb..

Was it gecko ?

#36 5 years ago

it was actually a thread started about something like ''do you hope game x fails so that a new game will come out faster'' or something like ''don't you wish MM had three trolls?''

Again, it was something like that.

#37 5 years ago

Again, it was something like that.

Hell, I got thrown out of a thread and warning notices for simply quoting a moderator once. I guess it was a conflict of his interests. lol.

#38 5 years ago

You guys can barely handle one of me

Besides it is against the rules.

#39 5 years ago

All I did was tilt something I thought was dumb

Then You're Doing It Wrong. Tilting is for nsfw, not "dumb." Thumbs-down is for dumb. That's why you got a warning probably.

#40 5 years ago

In my time on the pinside, I only tilted something once, (because I thought it was dumb) which was then followed up by an e-mail warning I'll get suspended for 1 week if I did it again....
    I felt like I just got caught smoking in the boys room...

?

#41 5 years ago

I know what it's for...
    I didn't think it would be a warning, if I did it. I did it more as a joke,

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I heard something similar to this once about 22 years ago in Tx on one particular evening.
    Are you from tx ?

Yes, TX Sector.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

It does help that mods can see everyone's IP on every post on every thread,

It's fairly easy to mask one's IP and get a fake one. Want me to post from the good old US of A ?

#44 5 years ago

Nope.
    And we know it happens, because all IPs of banned accounts are blocked yet sometimes people magically reappear. We've got full spreadsheets on some people actually. The fun part is when they post in one thread 3 times in 5 minutes... from 3 different countries. Then we get to argue if they have a Stargate or a Tardis at their house as we push the button to ban them again.

Also, dont put that you live oversees as your location while only posting from the USA, during normal USA hours, and get mad when people call you on it.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

It's fairly easy to mask one's IP and get a fake one. Want me to post from the good old US of A ?

Nah, we got enough crazies over here.

#46 5 years ago

you have to be pretty lame to need more than one pinside account IMO, to either troll, bump up your for sale ads, or whatever reason you may think necessary

this is pinball people, for frags sack, and son of a sagrit.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Nah, we got enough crazies over here.

literally 'ing...

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

that's not really that big of an issue. anyone pathetic and insecure enough to make multiple Pinside accounts is going to betray those traits in their everyday posting anyway.

#49 5 years ago

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I'm schizophrenic
    And so am I.

#50 5 years ago

Pick your favorite Troll. Know they have 3 or more accounts.

1 to post legit
    2 to troll and agree with their posts

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside