(Topic ID: 56859)

how many pinsiders do you have blocked/hidden?

By davewtf

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Evets
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“who many pinsiders do you have on ignore?”

• 0-5 209 votes
      93%
    • 6-10 5 votes
      2%
    • 11-15 1 vote
    • 16-20 2 votes
      1%
    • 21-25 2 votes
      1%
    • screw everyone 6 votes
      3%

(225 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    image.jpg
    Magnum-Force-DH.jpg
    cornholio.jpg
    AnimalHouse-Grades-zero-point-zero.jpg
    2R_gumby_blockhead.jpg
    IMG_3277_(500x281).jpg
    tumblr_ltw651AdCL1r4pp8no1_500.gif
    There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 10 years ago

26... and counting. I pretty much hide people so i don't respond in an embarrassing fashion, as i have no self control.

#102 10 years ago

The real question is...How many people have you on block?

#103 10 years ago

It appears that davewth has now officially moved into the "screw everyone" category of the poll.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

26... and counting. I pretty much hide people so i don't respond in an embarrassing fashion, as i have no self control.

You probably already blocked me so I doubt you'll see this but... you seem like a wimp to me!

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

The real question is...How many people have you on block?

I don't think there is a "block" feature, just "ignore". Maybe I'm wrong.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

You probably already blocked me so I doubt you'll see this but... you seem like a wimp to me!

LMAO,give em hell TeeKee

#107 10 years ago

For the record ,zero blocks. I realized along time ago ,I'm just as annoying and fubar as the rest of you.

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

26... and counting.

Quoted from Skypilot:

LMAO,give em hell TeeKee

I mean really? 26 and counting? I can understand one or maybe two but personally I have never even thought much about blocking anyone.

26????????????????????????

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

26... and counting.

Are you serious Dave?

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I guess the ultimate answer is "everyone but me". Only way to keep this forum civil, polite and educated

#111 10 years ago

Zero, but I'm wavering on a couple.

#112 10 years ago

what a great movie... this is what the 80's was all about.

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Dean Vernon Wormer: Mr. Blutarsky... zero... point... zero.

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Are you serious Dave?

ya, that's my current number. out of sight, out of mind. It's kinda like keeping alcohol away from an alcoholic.

#114 10 years ago

One- and only because they were such a downer on Tron and injected their hatred on every thread. Unacceptable. One simply does not speak bad of Tron. I heard some even love it more than lamp.

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I mean really? 26 and counting? I can understand one or maybe two but personally I have never even thought much about blocking anyone.

I could easily see my list building....I basically only view Pinside from my phone for a few minutes a day. I already block out the extra forums like JJP and Stern Pinball, and I already block a few users, as it saves a lot of time and scrolling... It really does keep the noise to a minimum.

When you only pop in on something for a short time, you want to make the best use of your time when you do it.....

It certainly has zero to do with "being able to handle someone".... Not sure why everyone jumps to that right away....

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

ya, that's my current number. out of sight, out of mind. It's kinda like keeping alcohol away from an alcoholic.

Actually I don't really care one way or the other, it was just a test to see if I was one of the 26 members you had on ignore!

Wait...maybe that means that I *do* care?

#117 10 years ago

I need more TeeKee for my bunghole.

cornholio.jpgcornholio.jpg

#118 10 years ago

I choose to block everyone. That way I can't be accused of discrimination/favoritism.

#119 10 years ago

Harry Callahan: A man's GOT to know his limitations.

Magnum-Force-DH.jpgMagnum-Force-DH.jpg

#120 10 years ago

I don't have a problem with davewth blocking 20 to 30 Pinsiders here on the Forum.
    If it makes things more pleasant for him and for us for him to block many of us so that he doesn't blow a head gasket every other day and spit venom on us, then that is great.
    He is making great use of this Forum tool, and we all are benefiting from it.
    It appears that many of us don't use the "ignore" feature, but it is still a good feature imho.
    Carry on.

#121 10 years ago

I block people who put cigarettes in kids mouths for pictures (doing this has cut down on disgusting over the top color blind led jobs) Now I just need to get all the people who go to walmart for MODS blocked.

#122 10 years ago

I ignored a few henchmen. Who never add something to topics, they just pick a side in a discussion and then go bully the other party with stupid provocations.

I have more fun without them.

#123 10 years ago

I don't even know how you block someone. If you can't a certain person I would just ignore em, simple.

#124 10 years ago

I tend to block flippers. To me, Pinside's much more enjoyable without them.

Steve

#125 10 years ago

Just treat idiotic posts as entertainment. If you seriously have to block someone on the internet because they get on your nerves, your weak. Seriously.

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Just treat idiotic posts as entertainment. If you seriously have to block someone on the internet because they get on your nerves, your weak. Seriously.

Oh yeah?!? My 9 year old says I should respond with "I know you are, but what am I?" Seriously.

#127 10 years ago

The Internet tough guy posts in this thread make me

If somebody wants to block some Internet jackass, it doesn't make them weak or thin skinned. Good grief.

#128 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

If somebody wants to block some Internet jackass, it doesn't make them weak or thin skinned. Good grief.

^This

Only 1 for me. During the last presidential election there was one member who could not keep politics out of a damn pinball forum. It's bad enough when you can't turn on the tv without seeing 9 campaign ads within 2 minutes. I don't need that here. I unblocked them afterwards, but I still found their posts weren't worth the time it took to scroll past them so they were banished yet again never to return.

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The Internet tough guy posts in this thread make me

Quoted from PinCrush:

Oh yeah?!? My 9 year old says I should respond with "I know you are, but what am I?" Seriously.

Ha!...I knew at least a couple of weaklings would respond all defensive and prove my point. You guys are too easy. You may now block me. Thx!

#130 10 years ago

Can't be that hard to just scroll by dbags.

Even crazier than ignoring I once heard about this pinball club that instead of just ignoring someone's post because they didn't agree with their opinion they actually banned them from posting for 3 months! When I heard that I just had to shake my head at the stupidity of it all. What a joke right?! Doubt that person will ever go out of their way to help the club again lol.

#131 10 years ago

I say we change the 'ignore' button to the 'wimp' button and each time it is used your karma points go down and your wimp meter rises...

#132 10 years ago

I see nothing wrong with using a forum feature that makes using said forum more enjoyable, some people just exist to annoy others, why give them the satisfaction

#133 10 years ago

I can see where it's helpfull for some but I just leave everyone on here. Even assmaster.

#134 10 years ago

edit: had to delete smartass comment.

#135 10 years ago

Lotta tough guys here on the pinball enthusiast forum. Good luck in life, fellas! image.jpgimage.jpg

#136 10 years ago

The problem with not using the ignore button is that you still see a little bit of the post when skimming by. Ever heard of the saying, that you can't unsee something? Some guys are entrenched trolls - they are so bad that you are actually harming your mind and body if you don't use this feature. Mark my words, Davewth will outlive us all.

#137 10 years ago

I have blocked just two people on here:

One was previously mentioned trolling in a Tron Thread.

The other was a fellow UK resident who has also been banned from all the UK pinball forums for causing trouble there too.

#138 10 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Ha!...I knew at least a couple of weaklings would respond all defensive and prove my point. You guys are too easy. You may now block me. Thx!

I'll send you my Internet Toughguy card. You'll have 2 and can be double powerful.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the group. You'll fit right in.

#139 10 years ago

surely blocking on a harmless pinball website wouldn't happen......

#140 10 years ago

You know... This is what I have to say about pinheads.

Out of ALL of the people I have met over time who are pinheads, there are a few characters in the mix. And in any population, you will have personalities that conflict. It happens. But in all of my pin-travels and interactions I have never met someone who I would call a "mean" pinhead, ever. I am so happy to call myself a pinhead and count myself among the most righteous kid- like non-meanies of the world.

Some of us take ourselves WAYYYYY to seriously. Some of us have NOOOOOO sense of humor. Sometimes that serious humorless person is me. I have had to work hard to realize that if you aren't laughing, the joke is on you. This has made a HUGE difference in my personal journey away from emotional retardation. And can I still be an emotional retard... YUUUUUPP! But not here and not about something that takes me away to that happy place when I was 6 and a half and barely able to see the table past the lock bar.

So with as much pin-love and multi-laughter and double-outlane-drain-compassion as I can transmit over this blog. Dave, you have 26 jokes on you. (Said with a smile on my face).

Who wants to bet $$$ that I get put on his no-see-um list now?!? HA! C'mon Dave, it's a joke on you. Laugh it up and join us in the smiles. We'd love to have you laugh along with us. It's sooooo much more fun!

...hugs...

KMR

#141 10 years ago

surprised there hasnt been a thread "do you hate any pinsiders avatar?" I dont ignore any one..but sometimes when i see someones avatar, its like the door in the first Exorcist movie...you just know when you open it, its going to make you..........

#142 10 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Who wants to bet $$$ that I get put on his no-see-um list now?!? HA! C'mon Dave, it's a joke on you. Laugh it up and join us in the smiles.

Dave has no problem laughing it up, and has one of the better senses of humor on this forum!

#143 10 years ago

The poll is invalid because 0 should be a separate answer

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveW:

I tend to block flippers. To me, Pinside's much more enjoyable without them.

What do you have against flippers? They do such a great job at batting the ball around and allow you to make shots. I think pinball machines are much better since flippers were added. Flipperless games are ok but flippers make them much more fun.

Just kidding

#145 10 years ago

Humor and laughter is what gets me through the day. Otherwise, there are days I'd like to shoot some people I deal with. And my golden rule is, you have to laugh at yourself first before you can laugh at anyone else.

Some of us take ourselves WAYYYYY to seriously. Some of us have NOOOOOO sense of humor. Sometimes that serious humorless person is me. I have had to work hard to realize that if you aren't laughing, the joke is on you. This has made a HUGE difference in my personal journey away from emotional retardation. And can I still be an emotional retard... YUUUUUPP! KMR

#146 10 years ago

Zero!

I have never blocked anyone and never will.

I guess if someone gets your panties in a wad.................................................you need to change your panties!

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I say we change the 'ignore' button to the 'wimp' button and each time it is used your karma points go down and your wimp meter rises.

-or- better yet,

Perhaps we can get Robin to implement at least a test phase of the following modification:

* Change the "ignore" button to be a "douche bag" button
    * It will still allow a Pinsider to ignore that particular d-bag
    * In addition, each pinsider will have a color-coded d-bag meter or chart on their info profile pg that all Pinsiders can go and check out.
    * Zero to low levels would be color-code dark green, and signify all is calm & cool w/ this Pinsider.
    * Extreme levels of douchebaggery would lead many Pinsiders to click on that particular Pinsider's douche bag button. The color code for this type d-bag would perhaps be either brown or pink.
    * I assume it would be kept hidden as to who has pressed who's d-bag button, but that could all be worked out in the test phase.
    * Also, there could be a chart along left side of Pinside Forum main pg summarizing the
    Top Ten Douche Bags for the past month or so. Again, tbd during testing.

Any helpful suggestions are much appreciated.

#148 10 years ago

Who wants to bet $$$ that I get put on his no-see-um list now?!? HA! C'mon Dave, it's a joke on you. Laugh it up and join us in the smiles. We'd love to have you laugh along with us. It's sooooo much more fun!

I'm not going to go into any great length as to why i put people on ignore but it isn't arbitrary, i assure you. You haven't done anything worthy of getting ignored nor do i have illusions of grandeur that my ignoring someone on a pinball website will effect anything whatsoever beyond my blood pressure staying in check.

I am a very laid back dude, in person. Probably because people don't say or direct douchebaggy comments towards me too often when i'm standing in front of them.

Enough about me. This is a stupid thread as i already know i have a low tolerance for b.s., I should have figured i'd be an outlier.

#149 10 years ago

-or- better yet,
    Perhaps we can get Robin to implement at least a test phase of the following modification:
    * In addition, each pinsider will have a color-coded d-bag meter or chart on their info profile pg that all Pinsiders can go and check out.
    * Zero to low levels would be color-code dark green, and signify all is calm & cool w/ this Pinsider.
    * Extreme levels of douchebaggery would lead many Pinsiders to click on that particular Pinsider's douche bag button. The color code for this type d-bag would perhaps be either brown or pink.
    * I assume it would be kept hidden as to who has pressed who's d-bag button, but that could all be worked out in the test phase.
    * Also, there could be a chart along left side of Pinside Forum main pg summarizing the

Grrrreat suggestions! Really creative! That might actually work!

#150 10 years ago

I love it. I absolutely love it.

Problem is, most D-bags don't know they're D-bags and although everyone says they are, they will deny it. That, or they know they're D-bags and don't care.

-or- better yet,

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pinsiders-do-you-have-blockedhidden/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.