Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I think this would be fun information to share.

Have you ever pre-ordered a game?
    If so, how many?
    How much was the pre-order for?
    Did you get your game when expected?
    Would you pre-order again?

Let's keep this conversation around pre-orders please and not start flaming on any games in particular. Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

0 I like to wait and buy them Huo for a deep discount and also to make sure I like them. Ed

#4 9 years ago

I are ordered a game once, took to long so asked for my money back
    Then another game came up, so I took my refund and put it on another game

I am an idiot

Will not pre order again

#5 9 years ago

I have pre ordered both Star Trek Pro and The Walking Dead Pro for my location. Totally worth it!

#6 9 years ago

0 here as well, but Ill bite at the next title I have interest in.
    NIB or HUO, any title in my sights seems to be in the same price range. 20years old or not...

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

I have pre ordered both Star Trek Pro and The Walking Dead Pro for my location. Totally worth it!

Who have you ordered from (feel free to PM if you prefer to not post publically) ?

#8 9 years ago

I preordered my Star Trek Premium, but my dealer is awesome and allowed me to do a trade + cash for the deal.

#9 9 years ago

One. XMLE. I am happy with my purchase but there were a few months I was cursing my decision.

#10 9 years ago

I preordered lotr LE back in 2009, Tron LE in 2010, WOZECLE in 2011, PRED in 2012/2013, rest of the pins in between were outright purchases or trades.

#11 9 years ago

four machines, happy with all except for one!

#12 9 years ago

One, LOTR in 2002 so I'm 1 for 1. No plans to ever do it again.

#13 9 years ago

Just WOZ and The Hobbit, so far I'm one for one happy wise!!

#14 9 years ago

XMLE, TBL, and 1 NES/ Famicom game console from Analogue Nt.

http://www.analogueinteractive.com/pages/analogue-store

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Thanks for the link. I was excited until I saw the price. I can play every NES game on an emulator in HD for free.

#16 9 years ago

Zero....Zip....Nada....will NEVER pre-order.

#17 9 years ago

Same here, 0, not a fan of the pre-order.

#18 9 years ago

Have you ever pre-ordered a game? Yes

If so, how many? 1 (Iron Man VE)

How much was the pre-order for? $2000

Did you get your game when expected? Yes, and more!

Would you pre-order again? Maybe, has to be really desirable and more affordable than what I've seen lately. $4500-$6000 tops.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Oh I almost forgot to ask..does waiting 12 months+ for someone else to complete your CQ restorations count too? I went through this with TZ and T2. Maybe this particular situation is more like a reorder instead of a preorder even though the waiting game is all the same.

#20 9 years ago

How much do you typically save with a pre order?

#22 9 years ago

I almost pre-ordered once...IM. I decided to wait and play it first. I went right home and ordered it. I got it from Sears for $3750 delivered.

#23 9 years ago

Zero. I have to see and play something first, then I decide if I want to buy it.

#24 9 years ago

Wow, well then, I think I have to agree with those who have no interest in pre-orders!

#25 9 years ago

zero

#26 9 years ago

I've pre-ordered ONE game, and it took almost 3 years to get it. I saw people near me buying and selling this same title before I received mine. To be clear, I love the machine but will never pre-order anything again.

#27 9 years ago

Three

Nemo, Wooly, and The-Pin-That-Should-NOT-be-Named !

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

0 I like to wait and buy them Huo for a deep discount and also to make sure I like them. Ed

Did that with WOZ and likely the same with the Hobbit

#29 9 years ago

I pre-ordered Big Daddy and Palooka. I had never played either one of those before. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the game play is as well as the artwork. Would I pre-order again? I'm about to!

#30 9 years ago

#32 9 years ago

none. not worth the risk

#33 9 years ago

1 and it was a MET LE from Birmingham vending co(Steve T).. But he gave me back my money a week later(now all sold out so i was told) after Jim Belt shortened/canceled his order only to leave me with NOTHING but a bad PRE ORDER taste that has not gone away since / The positive is i wound up with a Roadcase from Pinball refinery instead / Now if i can get GIO to reply to my email and buy some shakers and other items on my wishlist

#34 9 years ago

Zero. Won't ever happen. I'm not perpetuating this "Buy before it exists" behavior. Totally ridiculous it ever started.

#35 9 years ago

Thread needs a poll for the "no, none, never!" crowd - of which I am one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pins-have-you-pre-ordered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.