(Topic ID: 110609)

How many pins fit into a Town and Country?

By EvanDickson

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'm renting a van this weekend to pick up a couple pins. I reserved a Caravan, but they tell me they don't have those any more, they have a Town and Country, but it's the same thing. Has anyone here every moved pins in a Town and Country? And if so, how many can it haul? I'm picking up 2 for sure, but if I can find a 3rd (and fit it in without breaking any rules of physics or geometry), then I'd like to try.

#2 9 years ago

I've carried one DMD and one EM in one. I can't imagine fitting three, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

#3 9 years ago

I have a town n country van 2 side ways.

#4 9 years ago

I have a 2001 T & C . I can fit 2 dmd games. One perpendicular behind front seats then one in from back door like regular.

#5 9 years ago

I have done 2, but have been told 3 is doable with heads off.

#6 9 years ago

you can get 3 in there easily as long as 2 have detachable heads or have their heads removed.

you can probably get 4 ems in if you had to if you load the back 2 first, push them to the back from the inside with their heads on top. then stuff one game sideways through the side door and push it back, and then load another game in sideways. put all the heads on top. i wouldn't drive cross country like this.

My favorite thing is that you can fit a dmd game strapped to the dolly in through the side door and 2 ems or another dmd in through the back.

-c

#7 9 years ago

I had never even considered not taking the heads off, but I suppose if there is enough head room (ha), then why take them off?

I was hoping it would take 1 sideways behind the front seat and 2 head to toe behind that. Darn.

Still more than I could squeeze in my civic though.

Thanks all!

#8 9 years ago

You could probably stack at least 3 or 4 on the roof, AKA Indian style

#9 9 years ago

Just make sure if you go in from the side with a game with it's head on, that you go through the passenger door - it opens wider. The driver side has the gas cap and whatever else that keeps the door from going as far back.

#10 9 years ago

I thought DMD was "dot matrix display". Are newer pins wider than old ones?

I'm looking at an HS2 and a No Fear. I might have a line on a Dr Who, if it's in decent condition and I can fit it in the van, I'll grab it too.

I am driving across country. PEI to Ottawa and back about 1400km (1000 mi) each way.

Quoted from CraigC:

you can get 3 in there easily as long as 2 have detachable heads or have their heads removed.
    My favorite thing is that you can fit a dmd game strapped to the dolly in through the side door and 2 ems or another dmd in through the back.
    -c

#11 9 years ago

you CAN fit all 3 of those games but will need to remove the heads (easy to do) to do so.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you CAN fit all 3 of those games but will need to remove the heads (easy to do) to do so.

Will I have to get some plywood and put heads on top of playfields, or is there space to sandwich them all in beside the bodies?

#13 9 years ago

I just picked up 2 pins (heads attached) from Virginia with a rented T&C and had no problem fitting them in. You have to load them in through the back hatch as they won't fit through the side doors due to the latches. Make sure you lay something on the floor to avoid the seat clasps or be real careful while sliding the pins in to prevent cabinet damage.

I laid some cardboard along the floor and used another piece under the cabinet to make sliding the game in/out a breeze making sure to avoid/lift over the seat clasps. 1st pin I put sideways (Door to Door) and the 2nd just slid in with room to spare. could easily fit a 3rd pin inside if you detach the heads of pin 2 & 3 and lay them sideways in the back. Would have to have extra padding for the seat clasps though, just a warning.

Caravan / T & C's provide a very nice ride and get ok gas mileage to boot. I got an average of 25.2MPH from MI - VA and back.

#14 9 years ago

I see no need for plywood. Just some cardboard and shipping blankets to keep it all safe and snug.

Put first game in through side door perpendicular to van. Next 2 should go in with head off from the back. Lay head on top of cabs. Will be tight but should work.

#15 9 years ago

My buddy ralphwiggum has told me three with the heads on. two side by side from the rear (lol) and 1 sideways through the side door. Haven't seen it in person and don't know what model years that works for, either.

Edit: I'm guessing the new t&c has a smaller side entryway than the older one's. I got my AFM into the side of one quite easily but it was an older model.

#16 9 years ago

Yes the 2014-15 models have smaller side door openings so all pin entry with heads attached have to go through the back. Also can fit only 1 pin sideways as well since the area between the two doors is wider then the wheel area.

#17 9 years ago

I've also seen and heard that three are doable in a Caravan/T&C. Not sure what model years they were though. That might be a key determining factor. I know there was plenty of room left in my brother's Caravan when I picked up my TZ. I loaded it from behind and it barely breached the side door openings. His was a 2002, I think.

Also, ditto on the blankets and cardboard. I put down a couple blankets and put the cardboard on top of that. It was a breeze to slide in and out of there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pins-fit-into-a-town-and-country and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.