4%
  • 11-15 68 votes
    15%
  • 16-20 35 votes
    8%
  • 20+ 103 votes
    23%

(439 votes)

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

Hate to admit that in under 2 years I’ve gone from 0 - 6. Hoping to get a JP in the future…

#2 1 year ago

I’ve been rotating pins through a lineup of four.

#3 1 year ago

I think the correct answer is just one more. I have 9 will space for 7…

#4 1 year ago

Not enough.

#5 1 year ago

One more than the wife knows about.

#6 1 year ago

I love how conservative your poll is

#7 1 year ago

Crazy how many people have more than 10. I wondered who has the most but then saw the 76 and think we have a winner

Quoted from zacaj:

I love how conservative your poll is

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Crazy how many people have more than 10. I wondered who has the most but then saw the 76 and think we have a winner

There’s more with more…

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

There’s more with more…

Can’t recall the avatar but the guy in Australia has +\-200. His daughter is a pinball pro!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I know 4-5 people personally who have well over 100.

#11 1 year ago

My collection has grown exponentially every year. Don’t feed them after midnight!!

Quoted from 7oxford:

One more than the wife knows about.

Better delete this before she sees!!

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from GPS:

Can’t recall the avatar but the guy in Australia has +\-200. His daughter is a pinball pro!

@rotordave. He’s not a bad player himself!

Edit: Look, I'm an American, you can't expect me to know geography

#13 1 year ago

Too many yet not enough

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Hate to admit that in under 2 years...

And still don't know what a search is

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pins-do-you-own

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from GPS:

there is a guy in australia with about 1,500

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

rotordave. He’s not a bad player himself!

And he’s the “guy in New Zealand” unless he has just had his cover blown

#17 1 year ago

I think my avatar says 77 but I actually own 2-3 more that are older games that are not in the data base last I knew so they don't get included in the total count. Not sure why games like Skill Roll are included and I think Ten Strike as well?

John

#18 1 year ago

I remember after I bought my first machine and went to someone's house who had 5 and thought it was amazing seeing a bank of 5 machines in a row.

#19 1 year ago

I've rotated 40 through a lineup of 5-6 over 4 years (gotta try 'em all to know what you like, but "settling down".

Most I've seen in someone's collection was 112. They had basically bought every new game offered for the past 15 years or so. These were not old beaters. They were AFMrLE, Star Trek LE, Avengers LE, etc. A few older pins sprinkled in but they were things like the Cactus Canyon whitewoods (plural) before the remakes. The game I bought from him was in amazing condition. With that many games you can play a ton and games will still look untouched.

5-6 is all I can maintain and feel like I'm getting enjoyment out of them.

#20 1 year ago

Lol, the biggest number of votes are on 20+
Is this a brag thread?

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Most people I know have way more than I do, and your poll is not close to my number

#22 1 year ago

Well I’m new to the hobby so I’m on the low end. Early this year, my dad gifted me the pin we had growing up. I bought a second in March and I’m in talks to buy my third. I realistically have room for 5. Then I’ll have to start rotating or buy a new house with more rec space.

#23 1 year ago

As a Multimorphic owner, I’m not sure how to answer? It’s either 7 or 12

#24 1 year ago

Collecting, preserving, restoring; I find all enjoyable.

I'm at 28 now if you add the new Scooby Doo I recently ordered.
Grabbed some "low hanging fruit" titles recently, but they are rather dull to play. The next additions will be more thought out.

Please...let me share my games if any of you are out my way.

Helps to justify the insanity.

Jim

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from GPS:

His daughter is a pinball pro!

Guessing she would be

#26 1 year ago

Those Michigan collectors are crazy. With big basements and a never ending supply of money, they are more like hoarders. I'm glad to be a Michigan collector. Currently have 88 pins with plans to buy more or sell them all depending on the day. Lol.

#27 1 year ago

I'm at an even 65 right now. I'm fighting the urge to get any more.

#28 1 year ago

I have 4 fully working and 4 in different stages of restoration.

#29 1 year ago

I have 8. I’d really like to get down to 4 someday, but I have a hard time deciding what to sell and I keep looking at the marketplace.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Those Michigan collectors are crazy. With big basements and a never ending supply of money, they are more like hoarders. I'm glad to be a Michigan collector. Currently have 88 pins with plans to buy more or sell them all depending on the day. Lol.

Ok, pictures please Wow!

#31 1 year ago

I was up to seven but had to get rid of two to for my EM gun game. Outside of re-modeling the basement, my sq is fixed.

#33 1 year ago

I'm at 13 and I'll always be at 13...that's my max in terms of space. I considered losing my pool table, but kept it for variety and to keep my pinball addiction in check.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm at 13 and I'll always be at 13...that's my max in terms of space. I considered losing my pool table, but kept it for variety and to keep my pinball addiction in check.

Your collection says 14. Liar!

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

And he’s the “guy in New Zealand” unless he has just had his cover blown

Oh snap, I didn't pay attention after seeing the daughter part

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Crazy how many people have more than 10.

You've been on Pinside for only a year and you already own 6 pins with 9 more on your wish list.
I consider between 10 and 20 pins to be an average Pinside collection (like my own).
Those with less than 10 are either getting there or are limited by available space (or funds).

#37 1 year ago

I think everyone new to the hobby just wants more. It's utterly natural, we've all been there. And then you either find a good equilibrium, run out of space, keep growing, or you're one of the weirdos who actually scales back.

I'm that weirdo, I think my peak number of games at once was 11. Now I have 3.

Space is finite and I have other interests, things gotta balance out one way or another. What I've learned is there's no point in predicting the future, so maybe I go down to 2, maybe I go up to 4, but it's hard to see going back to any kind of sizable collection at this point in my life.

Take it as it comes, the hunt and the journey is a big part of the fun. Once you're had a few games and the initial fever settles down some you can enjoy the process.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You've been on Pinside for only a year and you already own 6 pins with 9 more on your wish list.
I consider between 10 and 20 pins to be an average Pinside collection (like my own).
Those with less than 10 are either getting there or are limited by available space (or funds).

Yeah but of those nine 4 are unique titles where the others are just variations where I wouldn’t really have more than one version of the same game. Realistically/hopefully a JP Premium is more likely to be added in the next year or two…followed by maybe Deadpool…and then hopefully a BTTF… But I totally get it, need different machines for different fixes and gameplay so need to come up with a good balance, pending space and funds.

I’m now running into the space issue myself so need to consider getting an unfinished part of the basement currently used for storage converted into useable space.

#39 1 year ago

Same 5 for a while

#40 1 year ago

40-50. I'd have to count

#41 1 year ago

I'm hovering around 25, got one or 2 loaned to friends.

Most of mine I bought many years ago, when the 90s B/Ws games were around $2500 ea.

Until I got GZ Prem the most I ever paid for a game was $3800.00 for a HUO MB, which was CRAZY money at the time.

Just before the plague I was still getting one or 2 deals a year on some SS games, but don't really even bother looking anymore, the prices are so ridiculous.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

How many pins do own (as of Dec 2022)??

#43 1 year ago

Got called out for not doing research and reviving an old thread so updated the title instead…

#44 1 year ago

Steadily declining. I think it was once up to 19 (all working). Hanging on to the ones I have left. Not looking for more but will buy if one I want becomes available.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Your collection says 14. Liar!

I've got Queen in there which I preordered. Joker Poker is leaving to make room.

#46 1 year ago

I have 42 with 4 more coming CCR LE , Bond premium, Scooby Doo , Toy Story.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I have 42 with 4 more coming CCR LE , Bond premium, Scooby Doo , Toy Story.

Wish you lived close.

#49 1 year ago

27, with scooby doo, CC , Lebowski coming.

#50 1 year ago

For those with 20-30+, any special electric wiring needed or anything? Or were you able to use power strips without issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 7.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pins-do-you-own-1/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.