Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many pins do you have?”

• 1 12 votes
      4%
    • 2-5 80 votes
      29%
    • 6-10 64 votes
      23%
    • 11-15 41 votes
      15%
    • 16-25 45 votes
      16%
    • 26-50 23 votes
      8%
    • 51 and over 13 votes
      5%

(278 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I would like to know how many pins do you have in your current collection.

#2 5 years ago

I have never gave a pin

#3 5 years ago

I wish people gave me pins

#4 5 years ago

I downsized from 17 last year. Several reasons first an formost cash generation for another project. I plan to stay around 7 now. I plan to pursue a NGG next year. The games I have now are my favorites from collecting for about 15 years. I am not much of a NIB collector so my games are Williams Bally WPC-95 era.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I have never gave a pin

Sorry for the typo... Early Sunday morning post.

#6 5 years ago

44. Too many!! But there are some more that I need

#7 5 years ago

One less than I think I need....

#8 5 years ago

Tricky question for me to answer - if I count parts machines the number is around 100, if you count working machines and projects number is more like 50, but if you count machines actually set up in the gameroom, garage & shop number is more like 30. Regardless of the actual count the number is more than logical so we are trying to get some stuff sold off this Fall.

As posted by someone else above all of ours are "older" machines - I am not a fan of overpriced NIB machines. Give me a good early DMD or pre DMD machine any day of the week. They can be just as much fun and are typically much cheaper than NIB. I can have 3 or 4 good playing older DMD machines for about the same price as one NIB so I just don't see the logic in buying new machines!

#9 5 years ago

Thought I would only buy one, but now own four and am looking to add a fifth (then out of room).

#10 5 years ago

You should consider adjusting the brackets to look like the below. The data gathered would be more insightful and would require 2 less brackets. For the most part, the difference of owning 21+ pins vs. 50 is negligible from any quantitative or qualitative perspective......meaning those are just crazy, rich pinheads who either operate games or own a barn.

1-2
    3-5
    6-10
    11-20
    21+

#11 5 years ago

As many as space an finances will allow. . . Currently that is nine but I'm working on making room for one more.

#12 5 years ago

More than I need, but less than I want!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

More than I need, but less than I want!

Very nice collection

#14 5 years ago

At what point does it become hoarding?? I know I have a little of the hoarding OCD gene in me as I have always collected everything. That being said, the space constraints and my girlfriend keep me in check with regards to this hobby.

#15 5 years ago

Fiddy-4.

Most DMD games bought in the late 90s early 2000s back when prices were reasonable. Also have a few on route so at least have funds coming in instead of out.

#16 5 years ago

#17 5 years ago

I have 14 and I think 15 would be my sweet spot. The reason is I would have 5 at my main residence and 10 at my vacation home where I have a lot of big parties. Right now I have 14 and it is a lot of maintenance. I couldnt imagine many more unless I was retired or atleast my kids were older so that I could properly take care of them.

#18 5 years ago

At least you’re in the right place!

#19 5 years ago

One more than I have now.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from brett:

One more than I have now.

Wait....I see what you did there....

#23 5 years ago

Not nearly enough! Not having basements in Florida sucks!

#24 5 years ago

More then I have room for.

John

#25 5 years ago

I’m totally limited by space. I could probably fit 7 more games, but that would be a disaster. For instance, I keep 4 in my living room. If I upped that to 6 games, they overwhelm the room (I’ve tried it). I’ve been in peoples houses that had crossed that line, and it isn’t cool. It makes a room uncomfortable, and I need to live here.

#26 5 years ago

So far pretty much what I thought as far as the amount of pins. A gradual decline from 2-5 to over 50. But wanted to get an idea of the breakdown. It makes you feel better when you see others having the same or more pins then you do.

#27 5 years ago

Too many.

rd

#28 5 years ago

Your answer should be "one of each".

#29 5 years ago

I maxed out at 11. I keep 4 up and running at home now. Thinking of reducing it to 2 or 3, the days of wanting more and more and more are passed me now.

Might be hard to figure out what to keep, if I did that I'd probably just liquidate them all for a couple I haven't owned yet to mix it up.

#30 5 years ago

More than the last time this topic has been brought up....

#31 5 years ago

Enough...but I don’t know why I want more!

#33 5 years ago

was up to about 27 or 28, couldn't keep up with them all. downsized a little to 20 or 21 ..still can't keep up. I think 6-12 is about perfect. not to many to get overwelmed by, but enough variety you don't get tired of them.

#34 5 years ago

I just made 4 with the plan to max out at 7-10. Or 20

#35 5 years ago

Was convinced 9 would be my sweet spot.....6 games ago..(sigh)...it is a great hobby and powerful addiction, for sure. The only thing I'm sticking with is "when 1 goes, they all go, as I'll be done w the hobby"....who know if and when that happens.

#36 5 years ago

7 years ago I had 5 pins, I now have 12 pins (so net +7 in the past 7 years).

I only rate the pins that I have owned so in total have owned 22 of which 10 have been sold.

#37 5 years ago

Have 18 now but looking to add Tron or BM66 as I type

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lawnboy:

Have 18 now but looking to add Tron or BM66 as I type

Both great pins!!! Think 20 is a good #..

#39 5 years ago

4 my garage cant hold anymore

#40 5 years ago

Even though I recently moved out 6 titles, the rest are scattered at 5 locations....
    I guess I need Less.....
    Getting tough to sacrifice much more...They are like my kids!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pins-do-you-gave?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.