(Topic ID: 67076)

How Many Pins Are You Selling to Buy MMR?

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Newsom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How many pins will you be selling to buy MMR?”

• None. I have the space and the funds 60 votes
    46%
  • 1 28 votes
    22%
  • 2 10 votes
    8%
  • 3 6 votes
    5%
  • 4 3 votes
    2%
  • 5 or more 8 votes
    6%
  • I cancelled my order for another pin to get MMR (The Hobbit, STLE, WOZ, Predator, RAZA etc.) 15 votes
    12%

(130 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bump.gif
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

With everyone and their mother buying MMR, I'm wondering how many will have to be selling a pin to either open up a spot for it, or to obtain the funds for it.
It seem that if everyone who bought MMR has to sell a pin or two, on average, the market could see an influx of used pins for sale, possibly driving down prices across the board. This is especially true if the number of MMR's that are eventually made/sold exceed 1000.

Better question is "how many people are selling their MMs to buy the MMr".

And does this mean you're re-thinking the impact this will have on the used pin market?

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where is the option
None.....because I didn't give a crap about MM then, and I still don't.

Mr. Negative strikes again.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where is the option
None.....because I didn't give a crap about MM then, and I still don't.

What DO you give a crap about Neo? I'm glad you gave a crap enough to sell me that Future Spa.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

None as I have gone down to what I believe are my top pins. But I did go pro on ST and not LE. To be honest I will probably sell this game. Its not a keeper…sorry.
At this point my funds are waiting for MMr, AFMr and MBr. Hopefully a BBBr.
If Stern does a Zep pin I am in for that too but otherwise I am waiting for my remakes and done with my space.

Dude, complete about face! I thought the older pins bored you compared to the newer Sterns?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This thread is for buyers

Then you need to leave if you are not buying

#56 10 years ago

So, what's a kidney go for nowadays?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Better question is "how many people are selling their MMs to buy the MMr".

And does this mean you're re-thinking the impact this will have on the used pin market?

I would doubt that very many people would sell their current MM for the remake, unless their current MM isn't in very good shape.

As for the second question, yes, definitely. That's why I posted this poll/thread.

So far, the results would seem to indicate it isn't going to have much impact on the market overall, at least in terms of a bunch of used pins hitting the market to pay for MMr. The option for selling zero pins in order to buy MMr is leading by a large margin.

Dude, complete about face! I thought the older pins bored you compared to the newer Sterns?

Yes, some of us have definitely taken note of that.

#58 10 years ago

Not selling any. I already have an MM, it is in great shape and I paid a heck of a lot less than $8K.

But I will be happy to buy some of the pins others will sell

#59 10 years ago

Zero

#60 10 years ago

I'll have to sell a few to fund my MMR purchase....got a few projects laying around and a System 11 or 2 I could let go.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'll have to sell a few to fund my MMR purchase....got a few projects laying around and a System 11 or 2 I could let go.

I love System-11 games, but you're too far away, darn.

#62 10 years ago

I thought the older pins bored you compared to the newer Sterns?

Its more about liking new. Even putting LEDs in MET was so easy with the new sockets. I juts like new.
Now Totan and most titles no candle. But AFM is awesome!! Same with MM. MB ok..but my daughters loved it. My 6 year old still asks about it. An old one no way. A new version..I am in.
BBB is just sexy!
Would I just own these, nope. But these 4 with my other favorite Sterns could leave me a happy pin owner for many years.

Disclaimer: My new remakes will new but remakes and not collectible originals which are also works of art and have an amazing intrinsic value. I bet Remake owners will have to have an original of their favorite game at some point. Its all good ; )

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Mr. Negative strikes again.

how is it negative because I don't think MM is all that great? It's not the worst game out there. but it's too shallow to be a good high ranking contender either.

I praise games all the time. Zaccarias are awesome, Love them. CV, TAF, TZ , GNR, Stargate, TOTAN, LOTR, RFM plus most others on my list of own or previously owned.

only games I really talk seriously negatively about are, SF2 and Xfiles, because they have to be the worst DMD games ever made. AFM because it's the econoline of the B/W era and everyone drops to their knees for it and shit tales because I played it a lot back in 93-95 and got seriously sick of it, plus the music and theme are horrible for me.

I'm highly opinionated on both sides of the spectrum. If you like shitty games, you'll see me being negative on games you like. if you like awesome games, you'll see nothing but praise from me because i'll be complimenting those games left and right. Works both ways depending on your taste. MM is kinda in between. Wasn't worth 4.5k for me to have invested into it, so I dumped it. I could think of 3 other games i'd rather have in place of that 4.5k than having that game. If I had room for 100 games in my gameroom, I MIGHT consider MM. Might.

#64 10 years ago

None....but my son will have his first game in his basement when I put one there with free storage. If we could'nt wear it out here it certainly will not get worn out there.

#65 10 years ago

Not selling anything to get MMLE...I might sell some games before it arrives but it will be unrelated to MM.

#66 10 years ago

Why did you buy MM for $4.5k if you were so lukewarm on it?
I was always charmed by MM, but could not justify paying ~ $4k for it when WW, Getaway, BSD, JB, FT, WCS, etc went for around $1k - $1.3k. So I mostly bought cheaper WPCs instead.

And MM is shallow but you like TotAN? Really? RFM??? So you find the rules and strategy in Arabian Nights or RFM to be more satisfying than MM?

What do those games offer that compares to the intense timed mode Royal Madness, setting up the maximum Madnesses for multiball, barnyard multiball, one of the very best hurryup rules in pinball, BftK, etc.?

You enjoy the rules in TotAN? Getting two jewels from the bazaar? Pointless modes?
Goofy wizard mode scoring that rewards you for just keeping the mode going rather than winning it?
Exponential harem scoring?

Ultra linear RFM rules that tells you what you are going to play?

These games are great?
And the flippers on Stargate put it out the realm of great games right off the bat. I suppose that you could put Fliptronics flippers on them but that would be a lot of work.

You are certainly in the vast minority on hating AFM. Like a modern day Aron Boag.

But on the original topic, not a chance that I would buy a 90s game NIB for $8k. MM is fantastic and I have played dozens of examples, but if I am going to buy a new pin, now that JJP is in the game, it is going to be something more advanced than a 90s pin.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how is it negative because I don't think MM is all that great? It's not the worst game out there. but it's too shallow to be a good high ranking contender either.
I praise games all the time. Zaccarias are awesome, Love them. CV, TAF, TZ , GNR, Stargate, TOTAN, LOTR, RFM plus most others on my list of own or previously owned.
only games I really talk seriously negatively about are, SF2 and Xfiles, because they have to be the worst DMD games ever made. AFM because it's the econoline of the B/W era and everyone drops to their knees for it and shit tales because I played it a lot back in 93-95 and got seriously sick of it, plus the music and theme are horrible for me.
I'm highly opinionated on both sides of the spectrum. If you like shitty games, you'll see me being negative on games you like. if you like awesome games, you'll see nothing but praise from me because i'll be complimenting those games left and right. Works both ways depending on your taste. MM is kinda in between. Wasn't worth 4.5k for me to have invested into it, so I dumped it. I could think of 3 other games i'd rather have in place of that 4.5k than having that game. If I had room for 100 games in my gameroom, I MIGHT consider MM. Might.

#67 10 years ago

I'm selling a few...
Nature of the beast

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

Why did you buy MM for $4.5k if you were so lukewarm on it?
I was always charmed by MM, but could not justify paying ~ $4k for it when WW, Getaway, BSD, JB, FT, WCS, etc went for around $1k - $1.3k. So I mostly bought cheaper WPCs instead.
And MM is shallow but you like TotAN? Really? RFM??? So you find the rules and strategy in Arabian Nights or RFM to be more satisfying than MM?
What do those games offer that compares to the intense timed mode Royal Madness, setting up the maximum Madnesses for multiball, barnyard multiball, one of the very best hurryup rules in pinball, BftK, etc.?
You enjoy the rules in TotAN? Getting two jewels from the bazaar? Pointless modes?
Goofy wizard mode scoring that rewards you for just keeping the mode going rather than winning it?
Exponential harem scoring?
Ultra linear RFM rules that tells you what you are going to play?
These games are great?
And the flippers on Stargate put it out the realm of great games right off the bat. I suppose that you could put Fliptronics flippers on them but that would be a lot of work.
You are certainly in the vast minority on hating AFM. Like a modern day Aaron Boag.
But on the original topic, not a chance that I would buy a 90s game NIB for $8k. MM is fantastic and I have played dozens of examples, but if I am going to buy a new pin, now that JJP is in the game, it is going to be something more advanced than a 90s pin.

Because it was a fairly good deal at the time. Figured it would grow on me. It did not. The jokes were cute and everything, but once that wore off, and I was dependent on gameplay and rules. It fell flat. It was cheap enough that I knew it would be good trade bait if it didn't turn out to be a keeper.

As for Stargate. Stargate blows the doors off MM in so many ways. For one Stargate doesn't have a cookie cutter, done 1000 x's playfield layout. Very deep complex rules. Several wizard modes. And so many different ways to play for big scoring.

TOTAN, Has unique layout. Awesome sound calls and theme. And one of the best looking playfields in all of pinball. Rules are good, but I do agree they need to make Wishing modes away, a random prize instead of every bazaar choice.

As for AFM, of course your going to like it. MM and AFM are the same damn game, except AFM is a stripped down econoline version of MM, with the exact same rules and layout. Yawn.

I said it before. MM isn't horrible. It's fun for what it is. Kinda like MB. Shallow, cute callouts and some witty jokes, but once the jokes wear off, it's bland repetitive Shoot this 3 times, shoot this 4 times rules just gets old. Better for other people to own and fun for the occasional play, but wouldn't want it taking up valuable pinball space at my house.

#69 10 years ago

None, I will get something else.
By the time it gets shipped to Australia and customs duties etc are paid it will be around 10k aus easy.

It's a great game but there is no way I am shelling out that amount of coin for one, or any other pinnie for that matter.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

This is a misconception. They could make it, they would just have to pay for the license. It makes more sense that AFM and non-licensed machines would be next, but Stern pays these fees all the time and cranks out $5k pro's.
I don't think it's going to be too hard for them to swing any remake if they wanted to.

I thought PPS already had a universal license. They do Creech and MB decals and PF's right?

#71 10 years ago

Won't be selling any, but would love to have one. I am crossing my fingers that my friend gets in on the pre-order so I can play the hell out of it lol.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Because it was a fairly good deal at the time. Figured it would grow on me. It did not. The jokes were cute and everything, but once that wore off, and I was dependent on gameplay and rules. It fell flat. It was cheap enough that I knew it would be good trade bait if it didn't turn out to be a keeper.
As for Stargate. Stargate blows the doors off MM in so many ways. For one Stargate doesn't have a cookie cutter, done 1000 x's playfield layout. Very deep complex rules. Several wizard modes. And so many different ways to play for big scoring.
TOTAN, Has unique layout. Awesome sound calls and theme. And one of the best looking playfields in all of pinball. Rules are good, but I do agree they need to make Wishing modes away, a random prize instead of every bazaar choice.
As for AFM, of course your going to like it. MM and AFM are the same damn game, except AFM is a stripped down econoline version of MM, with the exact same rules and layout. Yawn.
I said it before. MM isn't horrible. It's fun for what it is. Kinda like MB. Shallow, cute callouts and some witty jokes, but once the jokes wear off, it's bland repetitive Shoot this 3 times, shoot this 4 times rules just gets old. Better for other people to own and fun for the occasional play, but wouldn't want it taking up valuable pinball space at my house.

Stargate, I played some when it first came out. I remember it being decent, but the system 3 flippers kill the experience for me. Yes the games are built like tanks, but the flippers and mechs feel horrible. And the flippers trap everything.

I'm a rules guy. So the game can have beautiful playfield art and a gorgeous cabinet, the coolest ball saves in pinball (shooting stars), and a neat retro spinning toy, but if the rules are garbage, I'm not interested. You say that the rules are "good" on TotAN, I say what is there to do? Spin the lamp fifteen times then shoot the bazaar and get triple lamp. Spin and spin and spin. Okay that is fun to do for a while. There is a multiball to play, it is alright. What else? Start modes that score a ridiculously low amount of points and that lead to a disappointing wizard mode. Eh, no thanks. Pimp the harem for big points? Again, not very enjoyable.

On the other hand, completing royal madness is enjoyable. Every time. Stacking all madnesses is always a rush and making it pay off kicks ass. MM has the best hurryup rules in pinball. Very addictive. Completing BftK is always satisfying. Ultra Combos are awesome. Trolls were innovative and definitely add to the game.

Saying AFM and MM are the same is simply not the case. The rules are different enough for each to be interesting in their own right.
This is copied and pasted from an old RGP thread. Yes, you were in that thread posting many times about how crappy MM and AFM are. I'm not going to take the time to break down the differences between AFM and MM. Man you have been whining about AFM/MM for so many years/decades now. Over and over and over.

"Sure MM and AFM have similarities, but there are many interesting
differences as well. Such as rules for hurryups and multiball,
continuous bashing up the middle during multiball allowed on MM, royal
madness trolls, strobe MB, etc"

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pins-are-you-selling-to-buy-mmr/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.