(Topic ID: 67076)

How Many Pins Are You Selling to Buy MMR?

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Newsom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How many pins will you be selling to buy MMR?”

• None. I have the space and the funds 60 votes
    46%
  • 1 28 votes
    22%
  • 2 10 votes
    8%
  • 3 6 votes
    5%
  • 4 3 votes
    2%
  • 5 or more 8 votes
    6%
  • I cancelled my order for another pin to get MMR (The Hobbit, STLE, WOZ, Predator, RAZA etc.) 15 votes
    12%

(130 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bump.gif
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

With everyone and their mother buying MMR, I'm wondering how many will have to be selling a pin to either open up a spot for it, or to obtain the funds for it.

It seem that if everyone who bought MMR has to sell a pin or two, on average, the market could see an influx of used pins for sale, possibly driving down prices across the board. This is especially true if the number of MMR's that are eventually made/sold exceed 1000.

#2 10 years ago

Selling zero.

#4 10 years ago

None. I would never pay 8K for a machine.

#5 10 years ago

Just adding to my collection of one.

#6 10 years ago

None. I think this will have little effect on the used pin market other than on the price of WMS MM pins. And that should fluctuate wildly over time and depend upon the quality and acceptance of the MMR when it starts showing up.

Stern ships 2 to 3 new pins a year. Their production numbers might be 5000 a year. JJP is currently doing about 1000 a year. I don't think another injection of 1000 pins will force a lot of used pin sales.

I think the success of the MMR orders might fuel many other remakes. That could affect the used pin market. Hot pins ready for a remake... BBB, KP, AFM, MB.

JMHO

#7 10 years ago

I would sell couple lower end pi s like terminator 2 and taxi to free up space and have little to put MM pinball machine. I don't need to buy MIB I will hold out for nice older one hoping the price drops around 4000 to 5000. That being said anyone who reads this that has a MM and wants to trade with cash I will ..I also have good examples of tz Tom and just picked up ij that needs shopped all for trade for good MM

#8 10 years ago

bump.gifbump.gif
#9 10 years ago

Not selling any, I've got the dough for it next year. Lucky for me people will always have to pay their taxes

#10 10 years ago

I am going to do it the good 'ole fashioned way... prostitution. No, actually Im going to just save the money, sell off things I no longer need and go on the NimblePin diet. Than if thats not enough I will have to sell off some of the children for experimental science. I kiid. I got rid of them for STLE.

#11 10 years ago

None as I have gone down to what I believe are my top pins. But I did go pro on ST and not LE. To be honest I will probably sell this game. Its not a keeper…sorry.
At this point my funds are waiting for MMr, AFMr and MBr. Hopefully a BBBr.
If Stern does a Zep pin I am in for that too but otherwise I am waiting for my remakes and done with my space.

#12 10 years ago

NONE . why buy 2nd best.
Pass

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

None as I have gone down to what I believe are my top pins. But I did go pre on ST and not LE. To be honest I will probably sell this game. Its not a keeper…sorry.
At this point my funds are waiting for MMr, AFMr and MBr. Hopefully a BBBr.
If Stern does a Zep pin I am in for that too but otherwise I am waiting for my remakes and done with my space.

Sorry but there will be no MBr. They can only do original Williams themes. So I think when all the other A list remakes come out it will sky rocket the value of MB because they can't remake it.

#14 10 years ago

I owned it already. Would never pay for an old one again. It won't skyrocket that much because it has its limitations.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Sorry but there will be no MBr. They can only do original Williams themes. So I think when all the other A list remakes come out it will sky rocket the value of MB because they can't remake it.

Shameless plug, my MB is for sale in the Market Place.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

None. I would never pay 8K for a machine.

+1

#17 10 years ago

Great poll Rob. I will not be selling anything, but will probably put one of my games in my son's basement to make room for it. The big decision is what game will I miss the least?

#18 10 years ago

None, throw it in the bag

#19 10 years ago

Interesting poll. If a significant % are cancelling another forthcoming pin - from Stern, JJP or others - to fund MMR, this could be bad for the hobby.

#20 10 years ago

If they are canceling

Quoted from jlm33:Interesting poll. If a significant % are cancelling another forthcoming pin - from Stern, JJP or others - to fund MMR, this could be bad for the hobby.

I see it as a good thing. They will have to step it up if they want their share of the market.

#21 10 years ago

Yes cancel all those stern orders until they ship a complete game that doesn't break down repeatedly

#22 10 years ago

Not selling anything. I'm happy with my lineup right now.

#23 10 years ago

I aint selling nuttin to buy this bastard remake , anyone giving up a pristine original MM to "cash out" and grab a few K to order the remake is a little...

Post edited by centerflank

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yes cancel all those stern orders until they ship a complete game that doesn't break down repeatedly

You "could be" the biggest posting dunce on this site. Fact.

#25 10 years ago

Nada... Zero... None...

#26 10 years ago

Improper poll.
There's no Taco option.
I'm not buying MMr... because that price is fuxing STOOPID.

#27 10 years ago

Curious where you got this info from?

Also, why couldn't they simply buy the rights to the Monsters of Rock license from Universal (like Williams did in 1998)?

#28 10 years ago

Pre-orders are dumb I like to pay for something and take it home when I do .

#29 10 years ago

Studying tutorials like Oceans 11 to plan my next robbery

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Not selling anything. I'm happy with my lineup right now.

Are you buying MMR?!?!

#31 10 years ago

If it was up to me zero. But to get approval I told my wife I'm selling 2.

Not sure if I want to list one for sale yet, as I want to wait for the dust to settle on the pin market for a bit...

#32 10 years ago

I clicked two on the poll, but I was going to sell one anyways to make room for a different DMD title, so I guess I should've clicked one? =|

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

Not sure if I want to list one for sale yet

I'm looking for a Shadow and have cash now or anytime in future. All i need is enough notice to get to the bank. Should i get some cash ready and put it under my .44 magnum in my sock drawer?

Edit: 44 mag part was a joke

#34 10 years ago

MMR is covered by my hmo, don't need to sell squat.

#35 10 years ago

Shadow is not on the short list. But I do have a nice SWE1

#36 10 years ago

I have a shadow. I'll trade you for your now worthless MM.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

But I do have a nice SWE1

I have a natural gas fireplace

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I have a natural gas fireplace

Is it for sale ?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Curious where you got this info from?
Also, why couldn't they simply buy the rights to the Monsters of Rock license from Universal (like Williams did in 1998)?

I got the info from Pinside.

#40 10 years ago

I still haven't decided if I'm going to pull the trigger, but if I do, one game will go (TSPP). The way my game room is set up, I only have space for 4 pins (the rest are vids). If I want a new one, an old one has to go.

#41 10 years ago

i'm selling four.

#42 10 years ago

where is the option

None.....because I didn't give a crap about MM then, and I still don't.

#43 10 years ago

I got the info from Pinside.

Recall the source?

As I mentioned, seems they could simply just buy the rights to the Monsters of Rock license from Universal (like Williams did originally in 1998)...then just pass along the cost in the MSRP.

#44 10 years ago

I'm selling all of mine to fund it. Well all but one so don't ask about the freddy it's not for sale.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where is the option
None.....because I didn't give a crap about MM then, and I still don't.

Did you read the thread title?

Why are you posting in this thread?

This thread is for buyers of MMr, not trolls.

#46 10 years ago

because I have to visit all 28 MM remake theads (yes 3 more including mine have surfaced since I made my post), to make sure I didn't miss any tidbits of knowledge released.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I'm selling all of mine to fund it. Well all but one so don't ask about the FREDDY it's not for sale.

1k by Christmas!

#48 10 years ago

Quoted from CaptainNeo:I have a Shadow. I'll trade you for your now worthless MM.

Yes, but you have to transport

#50 10 years ago

This is a misconception. They could make it, they would just have to pay for the license. It makes more sense that AFM and non-licensed machines would be next, but Stern pays these fees all the time and cranks out $5k pro's.

I don't think it's going to be too hard for them to swing any remake if they wanted to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pins-are-you-selling-to-buy-mmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.