(Topic ID: 216916)

How many pinball machines have you owned?

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many pins have you owed current and past?”

• 0-10 83 votes
      25%
    • 11-20 69 votes
      21%
    • 21-30 36 votes
      11%
    • 31-40 22 votes
      7%
    • 41-50 21 votes
      6%
    • 51-60 12 votes
      4%
    • 61-70 12 votes
      4%
    • 71-89 8 votes
      2%
    • 81+ 66 votes
      20%

(329 votes)

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I was looking at my collection history on Pinside and my current collection, I have been in the hobby ~14 years and have owned 20 pins (TNA on order will be number 21).

I’ve owned the most 10 pins at one time and one pin I have bought twice (SM).

I’m almost at an equilibrium with 11 sold and 10 owned once I get TNA so will have kept almost half the pins that have crossed my door.

Can post your total number and most owed at one time.

#2 5 years ago

most of us that have been around for 10+ years have burned through a lot of games over the years. Or ones with ADD.

#3 5 years ago

One pin almost three years now. I kind of thought I'd have more, but the process of buying and moving pins is so daunting that I end up staying put every time the urge hits me to get another one. I don't know how you guys do it. If I could order a pin and then have it magically appear in my basement a week later (reverse the process with selling) I'd have gone through a lot of pins.

Again, people who have owned more than five pinball machines (hell, more than one) impress me with their energy and moving skills.

#4 5 years ago

I currently have 17 up and playing at the house, but a few of those are probably going to go so I have more elbow room to do some other things. I've owned well over 100 machines at once (buying projects/warehouses etc) and have bought, fixed up, played and sold/traded many more. I only have a total of about 25 now and no storage that I'm paying for, but a few are at another location getting ready to be sold off.

I plan to keep the total number smaller in the future, but will most likely keep switching them out as I feel like it.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

If I could order a pin and then have it magically appear in my basement a week later (reverse the process with selling) I'd have gone through a lot of pins.

You can almost do this with the selling. I usually help load a pin I've sold, but in general it's up to the buyer to take it and move it when it goes.

Now bringing one into a basement, that can't be a lot of fun. I made my game room from the garage (no basements here), and specifically left the large door so they can get in and out easily when needed.

#6 5 years ago

22 total, with three in the gameroom now. The most I have had at once is 5.

I have also owned over 100 arcade games, with 10 currently.

#7 5 years ago

We had 15 in the house for years. I sold off a bunch and kept only 5. I am way happier with less machines in the house. We have had 60 total since 1998. I still like to play and fix machines, but I should have downsized years ago. Its way better and easier to enjoy and maintain.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Loganpinball:

We had 15 in the house for years. I sold off a bunch and kept only 5. I am way happier with less machines in the house. We have had 60 total since 1998. I still like to play and fix machines, but I should have downsized years ago. Its way better and easier to enjoy and maintain.

That’s interesting.

I always thought I should have one more than whatever number I had. Was at 5 pins for the longest time. I feel happier with more than 5 because I can’t stand to sell some of my pins. I think 8-10 is the sweet spot for me.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Loganpinball:

Quoted from rai:

That’s interesting.
    I always thought I should have one more than whatever number I had. Was at 5 pins for the longest time. I feel happier with more than 5 because I can’t stand to sell some of my pins. I think 8-10 is the sweet spot for me.

Pretty interesting. At one point I had 12 in my house. I'm now down to 5 as we sold one over the weekend. 5-6 feels much better than when we had more but maybe that is just because I don't have a house with a large gameroom so now things don't feel so cluttered.

#10 5 years ago

42 over the last 12 years.
    Most I have owned at one time is 6. Currently have 3.
    Limited on space. But not for much longer.
    My goal is maybe 8 total. But from now on I'm only really going after my must have pins.
    I've had a lot and not many we keepers for me.
    Game I miss, the Shadow. Other than that still looking.

#11 5 years ago

102 and counting. Ouch. There's a few I've owned multiple times. The only game I've bought and flipped without actually taking it home and setting it up was Big Guns.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/bjsilverballs/collection

#12 5 years ago

I’ve owned 15 pins, I currently have 5 in my basement. I’ve only had pins for a little over a year, I’ve bought, sold and traded my way up to 5 really nice pins.

#13 5 years ago

According to Pinside, 46. But I remember at least three that weren't on there. (Approx 6 years in hobby.)

#14 5 years ago

About 140 over the years. Twenty two or so at once was the max.

#15 5 years ago

Bought my first game on August 10th, 1996. Since then I've owned 627 games and kept what you see listed on my profile page, actually there are a few that need to be added to the keeper list but I need to get the info to IPDB first. You wont see all of previously owned ones on the profile page either, just never kept up with that part of it.

John

#16 5 years ago

I bought my first one 11/1/14 right after I started playing pinball. I now have 13 and haven't sold one yet.

#17 5 years ago

I started 5 yrs ago and still have all 3 of mine. Granted F-14 has never been played since it is in restoration mode right now. I don't know if I will ever let any go. Maybe just move them to my buddies house and piss off his wife. LOL

#18 5 years ago

Gotta be over 1000 for sure but last few years it’s now a business so they come and go often.

#20 5 years ago

100+. My current deal with myself is no more than 2 pins at a time. If one comes in, one has to go.

#21 5 years ago

Currently got 55 games I sold two older games in the past so In total 57.

#22 5 years ago

Have owned around 35. At max, I had 22 or 23. Now I’m down to six.

#23 5 years ago

Currently own 30 - TNA soon so +1 in a few weeks
    Sold 156
    Total - 186
    Most at one time - 43
    Started April 2008

#24 5 years ago

Only 20. Alien was my twentieth and was also production game #20 (according to Heighway).

Never had more than 6 at once

#25 5 years ago

650+ includes duplicate titles
    Operation, restoration, brokership, parts machines, and collection

#26 5 years ago

A few hundred. The trick is to not really care too much about title and just buy whatever is clean, local, and the right price!

#27 5 years ago

Over 500+ titles. Some duplicates for sure.

#28 5 years ago

21 total, 11 in my collection presently... which I'm pretty darn happy with.

Squeezing in TNA next month will make 12. Everybody that thinks I'm nuts, which is literally every single friend and family member I have, will be getting a printout of this thread to put things into perspective for them!

I'm freezing anything in or out for the rest of the year, playing the living daylights out of them, and thinning the heard for 2019.

Saveleaningtower has the right idea, I think 6 is the perfect amount.

#29 5 years ago

Almost 300 at this point in the last 20 years. In the 90s I would flip games monthly. I haven't sold a game in years though.

A lot of those were the three container deals I did in the early 2000s.

#30 5 years ago

19 in total. When MBr comes out it will be 20. We currently have 12 in our collection and love it. Most of our friends think we are insane for having so many games. We intend to play what we have until we are finished with them. We intend to reduce the collection in 2019. I do think there will be plenty of great 2nd hand machines for sale in 2019. The next Stern we are thinking about is Munsters so AVLE and another title will have to go. Fantastic hobby. We think this is the golden age of pinball so decided to enjoy the hobby as much as we can now.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

19 in total. When MBr comes out it will be 20. We currently have 12 in our collection and love it. Most of our friends think we are insane for having so many games. We intend to play what we have until we are finished with them. We intend to reduce the collection in 2019.

I finally felt you were the voice of reason as we're just about the same, but then I saw your username and I realized perhaps I do have a slight problem then haha.

#33 5 years ago

I started my collection a year ago this month. I thought I was only going to buy one for my "man cave," but now I'm up to three; WOZ, AFMLE and NBAFB. I don't have space for any more.

I've owned a total of four with JP lasting only a few months in my collection. Like one poster said, it's very daunting to sell, buy and move these machines, which has deterred me from changing my collection frequently.

With that said, I'm really enjoying the hobby, have learned a lot, and love sharing the games with family and friends.

#34 5 years ago

I currently have 11. Altogether 26 have come and gone, sometimes repeat offenders. I can picture dwindling down in the future to 6 or so. Just don't have the energy for collecting like I did in the past.

#35 5 years ago

Ask my wife. She’ll say “four or five?”..perrrrfect.

#36 5 years ago

Bought my first pin in 2000. by 2002 I Was up to a little over 100 pins, most being projects. Then started buying and selling to make more money to buy better games. From 2002 to 2007 bought and sold several hundred more. I'm currently at 40. Keeping it simple.

#37 5 years ago

Two. One currently.

#38 5 years ago

Have owned well over 80. Couple titles 4 time. Own 23 pins now and 2 coming.

#39 5 years ago

11 sofar, 12 soon.

#40 5 years ago

Currently own 7, with 17 being sold previously. Does Hyperball even count? Not included in my calculations

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I finally felt you were the voice of reason as we're just about the same, but then I saw your username and I realized perhaps I do have a slight problem then haha.

I will bet that like us, you have plenty of fun with your machines! When it comes to pinball, reason is out the window with us. Pinball is my wife s passion that has become mine too. It is something we do together. Play together, stay together. I do believe we have a slight problem!

#42 5 years ago

The wife bought me my first machine for my 50th bday in November 2011.
    I have owned 35 machines since then, currently holding 18. Pretty much the whole time it has been another machine every 2-2/12 months, pretty much like clockwork. Dunno, but it just so happens that availability and desire and finances have seemed to come together that regularly so far. It helps that I aim my sights much lower than most, and love EMs, and that I'm not really looking for dmd stylie machines. I'll let my local homies focus on that stuff; I still get to play them

The only one I've owned twice is Triple Action, but the second one was free. (Thanks Tom!)

#43 5 years ago

Alot- I can't even name everything I own currently. It's bad. I wish I could stop.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I will bet that like us, you have plenty of fun with your machines! When it comes to pinball, reason is out the window with us. Pinball is my wife s passion that has become mine too. It is something we do together. Play together, stay together. I do believe we have a slight problem!

Great attitude. I can pretty safely say I’m in the 1% of fun havers in the hobby

My wife is not into playing but she’s totally OK with my collection so long as it stays in the basement. She has many other redeeming qualities and I make sure to not spend too much time nerding out down there. Very cool that yours plays!

#45 5 years ago

I have bought and sold roughly 25 machines before it ended up with the five that I have. My wife is sitting next to me and strongly disagrees she thinks it was way more than that.

#46 5 years ago

9 and counting. Only having room for 3 in the current house is a limiting factor.

#47 5 years ago

close to 50 overall have come and gone. right now, i have a couple at a friends place i dont have room for. so too many still?

#48 5 years ago

To my surprise ....over 35 already lol. Not bad for only 4 years in the hobby. Most at one time was 10.

#49 5 years ago

Bit over 100 in the last 10 years, but I keep more than I flip. AFM is the title that has come and gone the most, 3 times, and now I've got an AFMr LE - lets see how long that lasts.

#50 5 years ago

I'm up to 7 and have never sold one. My family thinks I'm insane. But they sure love coming over to play them!

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pinball-machines-have-you-owned and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.