(Topic ID: 196283)

How many Pinball Machines can you plug into 1 outlet?

By Da-Shaker

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screenshot_121712_213_pm (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Langless28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What's the issue with one outlet per breaker? Ithought it was more convenience than anything. I have five games in a surge protector plugged into one outlet that is ran by one 20 amp breaker. This is the only outlet on that breaker.

If there is only one outlet on a 20 amp breaker, the outlet must be rated for 20 amps per NEC. We are allowed to use 15 amp outlets on a 20 amp branch circuit because the notion that your never only going to use one outlet.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh okay. But since I have a 20amp outlet I'm good?

Yes. You can tell by the horizontal/ vertical prong on the hot side.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No, not true, your allowed to put a 15 A receptacle on a 20 A circuit. You see it all the time in kitchens. 20 A appliance circuit but the duplex receptacle is only 15 A. Residential code.

article 210.21 (B) 1, 2, and 3 of NEC.
    Yes duplex outlet (two plugs) is already considered "multiple outlets" so it's permitted on a 20amp breaker. Part of being a UL listed outlet includes that a 15 amp duplex be capable of feeding through 20 amps of current.

Other things to consider, hopefully a 20 amp circuit uses #12 gauge wire and the outlets are not "backstabbed".

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jsampel:

Touché, you are correct sir, it's amazing, I've been a commercial and industrial electrician for 20 years and I still learn new things all the time

No worries. Had to find the reference after you said wrong to make sure I wasn't giving false info.

#30 6 years ago

If people are making game rooms you can have your electricians wire the upper outlet of a duplex to one 20 amp circuit and the lower to another. That way you have two circuits at every outlet to even out the load.

That being said I have a police force, high speed, and baywatch on 1 15 amp circuit and all is fine. No led in the sys 11's yet.

#31 6 years ago

Another thing too is most libraries have kill-a-watt Meters to checkout to find peak power consumption of what's plugged into it. That exactly will tell you which games can on on a particular circuit

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Langless28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pinball-machines-can-you-plug-into-1-outlet?tu=Langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.