(Topic ID: 196283)

How many Pinball Machines can you plug into 1 outlet?

By Da-Shaker

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screenshot_121712_213_pm (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jsampel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

If there is only one outlet on a 20 amp breaker, the outlet must be rated for 20 amps per NEC. We are allowed to use 15 amp outlets on a 20 amp branch circuit because the notion that your never only going to use one outlet.

I'm a electrician...and I can say that this is not true. Your breaker must be sized according to the device with the lowest amperage rating. A easy way to tell if you have a 20 amp plug is to see if it the hot and neutral only run vertically, a 20 amp plug has a vertical and horizontal slot.

#27 6 years ago

Touché, you are correct sir, it's amazing, I've been a commercial and industrial electrician for 20 years and I still learn new things all the time

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jsampel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pinball-machines-can-you-plug-into-1-outlet?tu=Jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.