How many Pinball Boards do you have on hand?

(Topic ID: 203540)

How many Pinball Boards do you have on hand?

By tonyhoff1

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Stretch7
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you hoard boards”

• Yes 16 votes
      52%
    • No 15 votes
      48%

(31 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

08A37F7B-39C0-49D6-ADE6-1EA0020A65B5 (resized).jpeg
    20171125_115711 (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

I was sitting here thinking I may have a board problem. Am I the only one that has extra boards. Here is what I have on hand right now.

2 WPC S CPU
    2 Fliptronics boards
    1 DCS Sound board
    1 WPC Power Driver Board Board
    1 WPC Display Board
    1 System 11 MPU
    1 System 11A MPU
    1 Complete Pinball 2000 Computer with Prizm
    1 Pinball 2000 Driver Board
    1 Whitestar CPU
    3 Whitestar I/O Boards
    2 Whitestar Display Boards
    1 SAM CPU
    1 SAM I/O Board
    2 System 11 Sound Boards
    2 Data East Version 3 MPUs
    5 System 11 Power Boards
    1 System 11 Display Board

Sad thing is I believe I have more. Am I the only one?

#2 10 months ago

I have extra boards, it's nice to have backups on hand.

#3 10 months ago

Maybe it’s just me. I just sold 2 Whitestar MPUs this year. But still have all these.

#4 10 months ago

I've got about 20, but at least half are broken or untested. Some I don't even have games for.

#5 10 months ago

I have all of the boards and displays from my Silverball Mania, and all of the boards and displays from my Xenon, minus the sound boards. They all work, just replaced them with new ones.

#6 10 months ago

I'd guess over 300 original boards. Before making new boards I would try and buy up original boards, fix them, and then resell. All that is left is mostly picked over.... so 90% of them is junk.

20171125_115711 (resized).jpg

#7 10 months ago

I have no pin boards, as I have an em. But I have backups to all my video arcade games. Some I have up to 5 backups. It started as I should have a back up, then I get the back up dialed in and decide I should have a parts board for any custom chips. So I get one, and get that one running, rinse and repeat. Not quite that bad on monitors, but the thought is there

When I get a solid state, I’m SURE I will get backups. I don’t like games going down for ANY reason.

#8 10 months ago

A couple hundred at least--all from various boardsets. Some good stuff, some junk. They have come in handy several times when I pick up projects that are missing boards or have boards that are unsalvagable.

#9 10 months ago

Wayyyyy to many to count. I've been trying to thin them out for years at the various shows only. I don't sell them any other time of the year.

John

#10 10 months ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Wayyyyy to many to count. I've been trying to thin them out for years at the various shows only. I don't sell them any other time of the year.
    John

We are with you John - I don't even try to guess these days. All I know for sure is: it is way too many but still not enough! I know that sounds odd but with dozens of boxes of boards we still end up needed stuff we don't stock from time to time. We gave up keeping track of boards years ago - we just box them by system and dig when we need something. One year we will be the "board king" of the Allentown Show because we are getting close to having the collection where we want it and then all the excess stuff will be for sale. I wonder how many boards a 6x12 enclosed trailer will hold?

#11 10 months ago

If an enthusiast wants decide to be a "board hoarder", keep ones that are difficult to find, as the rest will simply take up infinite amounts of space. Examples that are missing on these lists are various PCB sound boards, WPC 95 A/V boards, 192x64 DMDs, specific EMI Motor and game PCBs, and several others.

#12 10 months ago

I have backups for most of my active games, but not all.

#13 10 months ago

Yes, I am a hoarder. One of my WPC-95 sets ready to go.

08A37F7B-39C0-49D6-ADE6-1EA0020A65B5 (resized).jpeg

Most of my games have extra board sets, NOS or used but ready to be installed.

#14 10 months ago

I like to have spares as well
    Must have around 50 but I would say only half work and other half to fix one day or parts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 11.95
    € 40.00
    Boards
    FLIPPROJETS
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 14.95
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 59.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,099.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside