(Topic ID: 206633)

How many people have you set to "ignore" on Pinside?

By tbanthony

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many people have you set to "ignore" on Pinside?”

• None - there is an ignore feature??? 72 votes
      20%
    • None - feel the love; no need to ignore anyone. Stop being a snowflake. 169 votes
      46%
    • 1 - there is that one special person in my life that just annoys me enough to ignore them 35 votes
      10%
    • 2 - they come in pairs 21 votes
      6%
    • 3 - three that are not charming 19 votes
      5%
    • 4 - the four that bore me 5 votes
      1%
    • 5 to 10 - I can still count them on my fingers 21 votes
      6%
    • Enough that I lost track 17 votes
      5%
    • So many, I can only see my own comments most of the time 6 votes
      2%

(365 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22448462_1975631962704982_309000606537877860_n (resized).jpg
    72629308-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0897 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AzzHOLE (resized).jpg
    b0c63dbe1b41cfdad3867fcfa2afe991 (resized).jpg
    DE6CED0A-1830-416C-A72E-911FD9B6F72B (resized).jpeg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

None - we moderators are cursed to see everyone

You don't have to relive your dreams of power as a hall monitor. You can resign.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

None. I like reality in my life and that includes seeing and hearing it all..........Even the things I don’t always like. Sometimes it’s the people you hate the most that make you think the most.

Yep , only I'd change "hate" to " disagree with", and that would be the way I think as well .

#103 6 years ago

Are people still posting? I only slightly revised my blocked list, then couldn't see any posts after the first page.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If you feel the need/urge to report somebody because your feelings are hurt, just hit the ignore button.

That very notion hurts my feelings. What kind of satisfaction can i get if I can't complain about somebody?

#106 6 years ago

3 but 2 are just annoying. 1 is a vile art director for a popular tv show.

#107 6 years ago
    #108 6 years ago

1. Has been banned from pinside now. Made the place unbearable.

2. A massive fan boy of a particular company and all posts where pointless to me

3. Someone who came in almost every thread to plug his/her product.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

3. Someone who came in almost every thread to plug his/her product.

Getting close to doing that on a couple myself. They don’t offend me or anything but it’s just be advertisements, I’d rather not see it. I see it more like a pop-up or spam blocker in that case.

#110 6 years ago

None. I like to know who the dick heads and douchebags are. I couldn't imagine someone getting me so upset on a pinball site that I'd have to block a person. Just seems weird. I can scroll by and ignore people just like they were banner ads.

#111 6 years ago

IMG_0897 (resized).PNGIMG_0897 (resized).PNG

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

So how many people are blocking you now, Detective?

No idea, but sure am glad Pinside offers them the safespace. THis place is much more fun when some people use that iggnore feature liberally to customize their experience.

I commented as that previous user was obviously passive agressively trying to say they were iggnoring me, without out actually saying it to violate the rules.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Just one. His posts didn't add anything to the site. They were just useless babble and rabble rousing. And there were a lot of them. So poof. Out ya go.
    As for everyone else, even when they disagree with me, they at least add to the conversation. So I don't feel the need to ignore them.

Awww... beelzeboob is entertaining!

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I commented as that previous user was obviously passive agressively trying to say they were iggnoring me, without out actually saying it to violate the rules.

Oh yeah, I got that and it was a good catch on your part.

Quoted from Whysnow:

THis place is much more fun when some people use that iggnore feature liberally to customize their experience.

Yeah, I guess. But how are the chronic offenders supposed to learn about their bad behaviour and hopefully mature from it? By not confronting them, they seem emboldened and never learn.

Living in a bubble doesn't work for me.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

agree 100%

I am just happy that Pinside provides options. Much like pinball, the more user selectable options to customize the experience, the better IMHO.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Awww... beelzeboob is entertaining!

I'd never block Randy. In fact, where the hell is that little rat? I miss his wit.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Every forum where people gather for a specific purpose is a bubble to some extent. If you participate, you're in the bubble. Do you use the tools available to maximize your experience in the bubble? For some people that means reading every post, blocking no one. For others it means blocking people who don't contribute to what they like about the bubble.

Many people, many reasons. All of them valid to someone.

#118 6 years ago

If you have me on ignore, could you please tell me?

Thanks so much.

I feel on my end why bother, might miss a good melt down or so.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

How many people have you set to "ignore" on Pinside?

Only you so far.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Why set someone on ignore? It's good to know if someone is a dick or a hypocrite.

By the time I ignore them, I've already figured this out.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Many people, many reasons. All of them valid to someone.

Thumbs up. I'm happy for you and anyone else that wishes to use the ignore feature. As I said, it's just not for me.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I'd never block Randy. In fact, where the hell is that little rat? I miss his wit.

Taking a break. When I read some of the threads on here, like the rainbow puke one, I don't blame him. I've spoken with him recently, and he is just fine.

We can all have fun on here, even with sarcasm, and bust each others balls. But some people are just grumpy, self-righteous and condescending…and that gets old. I've unfavorited several threads today that went in that direction to better my experience. There's plenty of good people on here, and only a handful of asshats.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Taking a break. When I read some of the threads on here, like the rainbow puke one, I don't blame him. I've spoken with him recently, and he is just fine.
    We can all have fun on here, even with sarcasm, and bust each others balls. But some people are just grumpy, self-righteous and condescending…and that gets old. I've unfavorited several threads today that went in that direction to better my experience. There's plenty of good people on here, and only a handful of assholes.

Suck it.

#124 6 years ago

Brent being one of the a-holes.

Anybody I've done shots with at both Pintastic and Pinfest is OK in my book.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Brent being one of the a-holes.

not to mention I supplied the shots!

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I didn't know shots were available there. Were they for tetanus or just the flu?

#127 6 years ago

23, they know who they are.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I didn't know shots were available there. Were they for tetanus or just the flu?

We are a very pro active health group out this way

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Only you so far.

Aw man, and I saw that!

#131 6 years ago

Is getting ignored by another Pinsider a Pinside achievement?

#132 6 years ago

Seeing a load of "Ignored User" posts in this thread.

2 months later
    #133 6 years ago

Down to 22, I caved on one.

#134 6 years ago

How do you "un-ignore" someone?

#135 6 years ago

Sorry, I forget. I looked for it and couldn't find how to un-ignore and then accidentally bumped into it. When I did, I went ahead un-ignored everyone that I had previously ignored so I'm down to zero. I'll take a quick look though and see if my subconscious mind helps me find where it was again.

EDIT: Click on the Forum Settings ('gear' icon) and go to the bottom. There is a section for ignored users at the bottom. You can un-ignore there.

#136 6 years ago

Please keep me on ignore. My best is yet to come.

#137 6 years ago

I've noticed that many times the most aggressive members are also the most easily triggered and use the ignore feature freely.

#138 6 years ago

I come here to have fun and relax. I try to be positive, but give me attitude like a teenage girl and I hit the button!

We all like the pins we should all see the positive in this hobby.

5 months later
    #139 5 years ago

Ahh...the bliss of ignoring an annoying Pinsider. Finally pulled the trigger on one whose comments have been driving me crazy for over a year. Just don't understand why 95% of a person's comments on here have to be either negative or trying to put down a fellow person's comment. There is a difference in having a different opinion and trying to make someone feel like crap.

#140 5 years ago

I've recently gone full amnesty on my ignore list, even crazed gun nuts who have PMd me invitations to "go shit on a sidewalk" cause that's what apparently we all do in NYC. (like...two completely different people did this! Who knew so many had a sidewalk shit fetish?)

Life is too short to hold grudges!

#141 5 years ago

Theres only one..

#142 5 years ago

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and how they express it, if your feeling so butthurt just wipe yourself off and move down to another stall. lol

72629308-1024x1024 (resized).jpg72629308-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    #143 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've recently gone full amnesty on my ignore list, even crazed gun nuts who have PMd me invitations to "go shit on a sidewalk" cause that's what apparently we all do in NYC. (like...two completely different people did this! Who knew so many had a sidewalk shit fetish?)
    Life is too short to hold grudges!

Is Cornelius back again?

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... PMd me invitations to "go shit on a sidewalk" cause that's what apparently we all do in NYC. (like...two completely different people did this! Who knew so many had a sidewalk shit fetish?)

They are confusing NYC with San Francisco. Shit on the sidewalk is so bad out there they have created a "poop patrol" (see link). I was out there 3 weeks ago and saw a few folks drop deuces. Crazy!

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/San-Francisco-Set-to-Roll-Out-the-Poop-Patrol-490874121.html

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

They are confusing NYC with San Francisco. Shit on the sidewalk is so bad out there they have created a "poop patrol" (see link). I was out there 3 weeks ago and saw a few folks drop deuces. Crazy!
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/San-Francisco-Set-to-Roll-Out-the-Poop-Patrol-490874121.html

Yeah, it's gotten really bad in some parts. Absolutely disgusting.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Yeah, it's gotten really bad in some parts. Absolutely disgusting.

Y'all get what you ask for!

1 week later
    #147 5 years ago

My neighbor keeps complaining about my "big dog" doing his business on his lawn. Little does he know that is just me conserving water...

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Zero
    I like hearing from all walks of life. Even if they are douche nozzles

I ended up putting someone on my ignore list last week and then they deactivated their account.

So technically I'm still at zero

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Y'all get what you ask for!

Not my city. I don't particularly care for SF or most of the Bay Area.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

not to mention I supplied the shots!

One of your finer Qualities

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-people-have-you-set-to-ignore-on-pinside/page/3?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.