(Topic ID: 206633)

How many people have you set to "ignore" on Pinside?

By tbanthony

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many people have you set to "ignore" on Pinside?”

• None - there is an ignore feature??? 72 votes
      20%
    • None - feel the love; no need to ignore anyone. Stop being a snowflake. 169 votes
      46%
    • 1 - there is that one special person in my life that just annoys me enough to ignore them 35 votes
      10%
    • 2 - they come in pairs 21 votes
      6%
    • 3 - three that are not charming 19 votes
      5%
    • 4 - the four that bore me 5 votes
      1%
    • 5 to 10 - I can still count them on my fingers 21 votes
      6%
    • Enough that I lost track 17 votes
      5%
    • So many, I can only see my own comments most of the time 6 votes
      2%

(365 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22448462_1975631962704982_309000606537877860_n (resized).jpg
    72629308-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0897 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AzzHOLE (resized).jpg
    b0c63dbe1b41cfdad3867fcfa2afe991 (resized).jpg
    DE6CED0A-1830-416C-A72E-911FD9B6F72B (resized).jpeg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 6 years ago

the ones who step on for sale posts and attempt to ruin sales without having any knowledge of who the seller is and who have no teeth in the sale. I really wish there was a way to BLOCK some people, so they cant see what a person who has blocked them posts. "Ignoring" a user, they can still see your post.

#52 6 years ago

2... but I think both since had their accounts removed and were banned... so now zero I suppose.

Other than that I’m pretty good at mentally ignoring everyone. Or maybe I’m just mental.

#53 6 years ago

Zero.

The idea of ignoring anything/one that hurts your sensibilities is as solipsistic as those who coast through life with their earbuds in and their face buried in a cell phone screen 99% of the time they are out in the real world.

#54 6 years ago

I once put one person on ignore and then the next day took it off.

#55 6 years ago

Zero

I like hearing from all walks of life. Even if they are douche nozzles

#56 6 years ago

None, the number of troll on pinside if far lower then your average webforum.

#57 6 years ago

My guess is...
    I'm the 3rd one. I don't ever want anyone to feel that they need to block me. I just want to buy, sell, and learn about pinball. I've been collecting and restoring games for over 25 years.

My apologies if I offended you! Or, anyone on this site or others. I didn't think our discussion about your game for sale was out of line but, As stated in your comment, if no local pick up works out within the next week you would consider shipping. That was two weeks ago, and it was relisted again. So, I was hoping you would ship. I guess not?

Again, my apologies.

#58 6 years ago

I think just 2 or 3.

During "The WOZ Wars" of 2013 - 2014 things were much worse. Those were dark times I tell ya, dark times indeed in the Pinside Realm. Lol

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from sniffsnerk:

My guess is...
    I'm the 3rd one. I don't ever want anyone to feel that they need to block me. I just want to buy, sell, and learn about pinball. I've been collecting and restoring games for over 25 years.
    My opologies if I offended you! Or, anyone on this site or others. I didn't think our discussion about you game for sale was out of line but, As stated in your comment, if no local pick up works out within the next week you would consider shipping. That was two weeks ago, and it was relisted again. So, I was hoping you would ship. I guess not?
    Again, my opologies.
    CYCLONE”
    Pinsider sniffsnerk started this PM thread on Tuesday December 19th 2017 at 05:48am.
    Is this message thread spam? » Please report it here!
    tbanthony sniffsnerk
    Compose reply Back to inbox Delete thread
    Message #1 of 4 17 days ago
    MW
    sniffsnerk
    Pinside member
    US Jordan, MN
    4y 30k 39 16 1/0
    I would like it. NAVL will pick up. Let me know.
    Message #2 of 4 15 days ago
    TBA
    tbanthony
    Pinside member
    US Hatfield, PA
    9y 61k 1,224 4 21 0/1
    Hi. Thanks for your interest. I have 2 people interested that would pickup in person. As posted, local pickup is preferred. However, if you remain interested and no local pickup scenario works out within the next week, I would consider shipping. I'll let you know if that occurs and you can let me know if you are still interested. Thank you.
    Message #3 of 4 14 days ago
    MW
    sniffsnerk
    Pinside member
    US Jordan, MN
    4y 30k 39 16 1/0
    Understand. Thanks for the reply.
    Message #4 of 4 19 hours ago
    MW
    sniffsnerk
    Pinside member
    US Jordan, MN
    4y 30k 39 16 1/0
    Hi,
    I'm willing to spend 2500.00 for everything. As you know, NAVL or a few others will pick up right at your place, very minimal packaging if any required. If needed, playfield and parts can be shipped at my expense separate.
    Kevin.

Apologies

#60 6 years ago

AzzHOLE (resized).jpgAzzHOLE (resized).jpg

#61 6 years ago

none ..... though I don't usually get into pissing matches with people

#62 6 years ago

I don't believe I have anyone blocked but I'm not completely sure. Is there a way to see whom you've blocked?

#63 6 years ago

2; never interacted with them directly but they went ad hominem after posters I respected and did not let up.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from sniffsnerk:

My guess is...
    My opologies if I offended you! Or, anyone on this site or others. I didn't think our discussion about you game for sale was out of line but, As stated in your comment, if no local pick up works out within the next week you would consider shipping. That was two weeks ago, and it was relisted again. So, I was hoping you would ship. I guess not?
    Again, my opologies.
    CYCLONE”
    Pinsider sniffsnerk started this PM thread on Tuesday December 19th 2017 at 05:48am.
    Is this message thread spam? » Please report it here!
    tbanthony sniffsnerk
    Compose reply Back to inbox Delete thread
    Message #1 of 4 17 days ago
    MW
    sniffsnerk
    Pinside member
    US Jordan, MN
    4y 30k 39 16 1/0
    I would like it. NAVL will pick up. Let me know.
    Message #2 of 4 15 days ago
    TBA
    tbanthony
    Pinside member
    US Hatfield, PA
    9y 61k 1,224 4 21 0/1
    Hi. Thanks for your interest. I have 2 people interested that would pickup in person. As posted, local pickup is preferred. However, if you remain interested and no local pickup scenario works out within the next week, I would consider shipping. I'll let you know if that occurs and you can let me know if you are still interested. Thank you.
    Message #3 of 4 14 days ago
    MW
    sniffsnerk
    Pinside member
    US Jordan, MN
    4y 30k 39 16 1/0
    Understand. Thanks for the reply.
    Message #4 of 4 19 hours ago
    MW
    sniffsnerk
    Pinside member
    US Jordan, MN
    4y 30k 39 16 1/0
    Hi,
    I'm willing to spend 2500.00 for everything. As you know, NAVL or a few others will pick up right at your place, very minimal packaging if any required. If needed, playfield and parts can be shipped at my expense separate.
    Kevin.

This wasn't intended to be a topic to run the bus over anyone specific or call out specific people. In fact, I was trying to keep the tone humorous overall. Hopefully, it was clear that my poll was constructed with a little humor in mind. And, no, you are not #3 (or any other #). I can read your post! And, I'm just debating how I want to proceed with the sale of my Cyclone -- sorry about any delays in responding. I will say I'm not in favor of publicly posting PM's (private message) but not a big deal.

#65 6 years ago

Two. One posts almost exclusively off-topic stuff and I don't remember why I ignored the other one.

#66 6 years ago

None.... I have been really pissed off a couple of times and thought about it... In the end I decided that forgiveness is the key to Tranquility. Plus sometimes those guys can be pretty funny!

#67 6 years ago

Most of them are Stern shills. None have posted in this thread.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Don't be a snowflake.

This.

#69 6 years ago

Just checked, actually I have 20 on the list. Most were just related to spammy stuff, but 2 or 3 are still active members. Will probably unblock again sometime, once I'm over the "I really don't want to read that crap" stage. Pseudo-snowflake I guess

#70 6 years ago

Blocked someone once....but then saw a bunch of "Ignored User" posts in the thread we were going back and forth in. The suspense was killing me so I had to turn it back off so I could re-enter the "debate". It's much easier to ignore people in real life, as opposed to on a forum where everyone could be a keyboard commando.

#71 6 years ago

I have a few that spam the forum with nonstop for sale posts at crazy prices. It's a great feature to keep those posts out of your feed. There are 1 or 2 that would post in every single thread with zero contribution and high negativity that got tiring reading.

#72 6 years ago

1 when I 1st started but now none.

#73 6 years ago

Hey, thought I had two but saw someone post here I thought I ignored. I must have cleared my list a while ago. LOL.

#74 6 years ago

None. Just because they were lame once (or twice) doesn't guarantee they won't have useful or valuable information at some point.

#75 6 years ago

I have four people ignored because all four did not respond when i was trying to buy the game they where selling.

#76 6 years ago

I have four people, and my pinside experience couldn't be better. One of those from the midwest has a way of ruining a lot of the conversation for me (and overall fun of pinside). Thick skin or not, sometimes it is better to take out the trash then to leave it where you can see it.

#77 6 years ago

Is there a page where you can see which users have been blocked the most?

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Is there a page where you can see which users have been blocked the most?

Very doubtful. That goes along with the "most downvotes" idea that just attracts trolls to get #1

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

I really wish there was a way to BLOCK some people, so they cant see what a person who has blocked them posts. "Ignoring" a user, they can still see your post.

That would be the best idea.

There are a few SJWs on here that have to go out and **prove** a point, even if my OP was a joke that 99% of pinsiders clearly understood.

If I could keep them from reading my jokes, I could cut the posts I'm **required** to reply to by 30%.

#80 6 years ago

None - we moderators are cursed to see everyone

#81 6 years ago

Just one. His posts didn't add anything to the site. They were just useless babble and rabble rousing. And there were a lot of them. So poof. Out ya go.

As for everyone else, even when they disagree with me, they at least add to the conversation. So I don't feel the need to ignore them.

#82 6 years ago

I went through all 45320 Pinsiders and placed on ignore all of the ones that have never posted...not sure if it's working.

#83 6 years ago

If the ignore feature could somehow get rid of the people AND all the interactions people make with them, then I'd block 3-4 people. Unfortunately you just end up with Charlie Brown adults talking.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from lyonsden:

I have four people, and my pinside experience couldn't be better. One of those from the midwest has a way of ruining a lot of the conversation for me (and overall fun of pinside). Thick skin or not, sometimes it is better to take out the trash than to leave it where you can see it.

I always like how you can just try to send someone a PM if they like to passive aggressively say they have you on ignore. Easy way to confirm if you are blocked

#85 6 years ago

Ignores only work if you are logged into Pinside, on some machines I am always logged in and on other machines I am not. Anyone know how to leave yourself logged in between sessions?

#86 6 years ago

Only one, always thought it was an unnecessary tool until I couldn't take the constant GB bashing anymore.

Where do we see who we ignored on our settings?

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boondocker:

Only one, always thought it was an unnecessary tool until I couldn't take the constant GB bashing anymore.

Too bad on Pinside you can't "slime" somebody.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boondocker:

Where do we see who we ignored on our settings?

Go to your account, then under -->" Privacy, website, e-mail and notification settings.
    Looking for forum settings? Go to Forum Settings."

#89 6 years ago

Ignoring people doesn't make you a Snowflake. That's misusing the term. Being able to ignore those 1-in-20 jerks and make them disappear is excellent. I highly recommend it. Makes time spent here more pleasant.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I always like how you can just try to send someone a PM if they like to passive aggressively say they have you on ignore. Easy way to confirm if you are blocked

So how many people are blocking you now, Detective?

#91 6 years ago

You can block me but like Spud Webb I'll just duck and dribble right past ya.

#92 6 years ago

Nobody can see this can they?
    Ninja.

#93 6 years ago

2....the banned unnamed comic, and a now gone troll and antagonist.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#94 6 years ago

I use ignore sometimes but then I see threads where that person commented and I am so curious so I unignore....so I am basically at 0

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Nobody can see this can they?
    Ninja.

No

#96 6 years ago

The "blockers" are snowflake crybabies that don't live in the real world!

Get over yourselves and try and get along. Still a great feature for those that can't handle the "reality".

#97 6 years ago

Why set someone on ignore? It's good to know if someone is a dick or a hypocrite. That way if they respond to your for sale add or you might want to respond to their's, you know exactly how to deal with them. I especially like to know who likes to bash for sale adds for overpricing and then they price their stuff for the same or higher prices.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The "blockers" are snowflake crybabies that don't live in the real world!
    Get over yourselves and try and get along. Still a great feature for those that can't handle the "reality".

“Reality” doesn’t have a report to moderator button for every time someone has their feelings hurt. Ignore the snowflakes... don’t get reported.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

“Reality” doesn’t have a report to moderator button for every time someone has their feelings hurt. Ignore the snowflakes... don’t get reported.

If you feel the need/urge to report somebody because your feelings are hurt, just hit the ignore button. That simple.

No need to whine about it because someone else doesn't believe in or think the way you do.

Yet that is the world we live in today.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If you feel the need/urge to report somebody because your feelings are hurt, just hit the ignore button. That simple.
    No need to whine about it because someone else doesn't believe in or think the way you do.
    Yet that is the world we live in today.

That’s what people should do.. but they don’t.

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-people-have-you-set-to-ignore-on-pinside/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.