(Topic ID: 206633)

How many people have you set to "ignore" on Pinside?

By tbanthony

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many people have you set to "ignore" on Pinside?”

• None - there is an ignore feature??? 72 votes
      20%
    • None - feel the love; no need to ignore anyone. Stop being a snowflake. 169 votes
      46%
    • 1 - there is that one special person in my life that just annoys me enough to ignore them 35 votes
      10%
    • 2 - they come in pairs 21 votes
      6%
    • 3 - three that are not charming 19 votes
      5%
    • 4 - the four that bore me 5 votes
      1%
    • 5 to 10 - I can still count them on my fingers 21 votes
      6%
    • Enough that I lost track 17 votes
      5%
    • So many, I can only see my own comments most of the time 6 votes
      2%

(365 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22448462_1975631962704982_309000606537877860_n (resized).jpg
    72629308-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0897 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AzzHOLE (resized).jpg
    b0c63dbe1b41cfdad3867fcfa2afe991 (resized).jpg
    DE6CED0A-1830-416C-A72E-911FD9B6F72B (resized).jpeg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 6 years ago

I like the Pinside community a lot and there are a lot of fantastic people here, but there is a small handful of people that seem over the top in terms of being a shill/hater, rude, or extra passive aggressive in their tone. As a result, I'm up to 3 people I have placed on ignore and I'm glad the functionality exists as I'm here to have fun and if I'm reading comments by a certain person that consistently bother me, perhaps it's best to automatically bypass them. I'm just curious if many other people have used it and how many times. Obviously, if you have me on ignore, you won't see this post

#2 6 years ago

This is now a verboten topic. Sorry!

#3 6 years ago

Go to pinside jail.

Do not pass GO.

Do not collect $200.

#4 6 years ago

I can't se any posts on this topic???

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This is now a verboten topic. Sorry!

This topic is fine as long as folks don't name names and just stick to numbers and/or how they use the feature of the site.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This topic is fine as long as folks don't name names and just stick to numbers and/or how they use the feature of the site.

What if I say the people I ignored were really annoying trolls who followed me from thread to thread being dicks?

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What if I say the people I ignored were really annoying trolls who followed me from thread to thread being dicks?

Then that's just your reason for using the ignore feature.

#8 6 years ago

I put every moderator on ignore

It unfortunately did not stop me from getting moderation notices like I thought it would...

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Great! There are a bunch of idiots I should probably ignore, but then there would not be as much humor in the day.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It unfortunately did not stop me from getting moderation notices like I thought it would...

those sneaky moderators are unignorable

#11 6 years ago

None. I have been driven once or twice to block only the craziest of people.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Although "lol" is badly overused, that made me actually lol.

#13 6 years ago

And to answer the original question, I have never used the ignore feature.

I guess I just have thicker skin than some around here.

#14 6 years ago

Very few. Only blocked a couple who personally attacked me. Everyone else I can adult enough to chose not to respond to

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

I like the Pinside community a lot and there are a lot of fantastic people here, but there is a small handful of people that seem over the top in terms of being a shill/hater, rude, or extra passive aggressive in their tone. As a result, I'm up to 3 people I have placed on ignore and I'm glad the functionality exists as I'm here to have fun and if I'm reading comments by a certain person that consistently bother me, perhaps it's best to automatically bypass them. I'm just curious if many other people have used it and how many times. Obviously, if you have me on ignore, you won't see this post

I ignored 2 people here, but only cuz they were extraordinarily rude and opinionated on RGP. Didn’t and wouldn’t deal with them on Pinside. Been happy ever since.

#16 6 years ago

Don't be a snowflake.

#17 6 years ago

I’m starting to use it more. It’s never personal just keeps some of the constant riff raff at bay. Also when I saw I could have their posts not show up at all, that helped too.

It was starting to really annoy me, so best for me to just delete those posts. Again nothing personal, just helps me enjoy the site more.

#18 6 years ago

I had one for a while then unignored them and now they are one of my favorite posters.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I had one for a while then unignored them and now they are one of my favorite posters.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Don't be a snowflake.

Make that THREE on ignore!

Trust me, it was an epic choice based on their popularity here. Same shit, different audience.

#21 6 years ago

none. my luck is i would be trying to find a fix for a game and i would wind up ignoring the person with the answer to the problem

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m starting to use it more. It’s never personal just keeps some of the constant riff raff at bay. Also when I saw I could have their posts not show up at all, that helped too.
    It was starting to really annoy me, so best for me to just delete those posts. Again nothing personal, just helps me enjoy the site more.

I know Chuckwurt can’t read this but tell him I miss him.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I know Chuckwurt can’t read this but tell him I miss him.

I seen it. Haha.

#24 6 years ago

Feeling the love in this thread gang!!!!

DE6CED0A-1830-416C-A72E-911FD9B6F72B (resized).jpegDE6CED0A-1830-416C-A72E-911FD9B6F72B (resized).jpeg

#25 6 years ago

None

#26 6 years ago

None. I like reality in my life and that includes seeing and hearing it all..........Even the things I don’t always like. Sometimes it’s the people you hate the most that make you think the most.

#27 6 years ago

Maybe if I knew anything about pinball. I would get into heated debates...and then 30k ignores!

#28 6 years ago

How did you know?

#29 6 years ago

Wow. This entire thread is blank but keeps getting bumped somehow.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. This entire thread is blank but keeps getting bumped.

I'm seeing your post though

#31 6 years ago

Two. And it's not them being offensive, it's them just saying the same thing over and over and over again. Both are "well respected" members of Pinside too which is kind of funny to me.

#32 6 years ago

If you put someone on ignore, how else will you keep track of all the stupid shit they say?

#34 6 years ago

Never.

#35 6 years ago

I put myself on ignore, but somehow it is not working...

#36 6 years ago

I had fun with this post and enjoyed reading the comments; thanks for taking the poll and making me laugh along the way.

#37 6 years ago

I try to be tolerant and respect opposing viewpoints.
    Some folks are just so hateful and rude, most are helpful and hilarious.
    The ignore feature is a beautiful thing.

b0c63dbe1b41cfdad3867fcfa2afe991 (resized).jpgb0c63dbe1b41cfdad3867fcfa2afe991 (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago

On the flipside, I've seen quite a few members brag about who they put on ignore. What wonderful people they are!

#39 6 years ago

The only ones I have on ignore are the ones who just make a pop up account and list machines for sale that you can clearly see are a scam using someone else photos of the machine or of course the poor written description etc etc.... I only do that just in-case a mod misses that account as a spammer and I'm sure not to deal with them, ever.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

On the flipside, I've seen quite a few members brag about who they put on ignore. What wonderful people they are!

Once had you on ignore over your Wiggler comment. That was a long time ago. No one on ignore. O-Din's opinions keep it interesting.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Once had you on ignore over your Wiggler comment.

What did I say about the Wiggler, besides it's unobtanionomousness? I quit looking for that one a long time ago after many disappointments.

#42 6 years ago

It was number one on the list and I felt it shouldn't. You felt different. Long time ago. Appreciate Wiggler more since researching it. Zipper flipper game.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

It was number one on the list and I felt it shouldn't. You felt different.

Ah, I see. But one must understand pinside is home to flavors of the week. I'm sure there are those that are equally upset that Williams now holds the three EM 100 top spots as well.

(Disclaimer- I own none of them)

#44 6 years ago

To be frank, I only have one entity on ignore, from when it showed up here as RGP faded.

Happy to say, I have no idea if it is still around.

#45 6 years ago

I dont even have my two stalkers on ignore

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I dont even have my two stalkers on ignore

The ones you know about? Most of the people in the weekly meetings are pretty sure they go un-noticed. But we have not counted all survey replies from the ones who get the newsletter.

Oh wait, wrong guy.

Quoted from o-din:

Yup, this is the guy

#47 6 years ago

5. 3 left, either they were banished or got sick of themselves. The other 2 got tired of getting kicked out of threads and are a shadow of their former obnoxious selves. One of those people is on this thread. No ignores at this time.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

To be frank, I only have one entity on ignore, from when it showed up here as RGP faded.
    Happy to say, I have no idea if it is still around.

So you admit to being Frank from RGP....

Go on... ( finger hovering over ignore button)

#49 6 years ago

10 ... and it’s probably the only reason I’m still here.

#50 6 years ago

20. I should add more in 2018. Need less negativity in my life.

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-people-have-you-set-to-ignore-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.