(Topic ID: 2150)

How Many People Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb(in a Simpsons Pinball Party)

By Pintucky

13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by shock_me
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

I know this is going to sound too simplistic to probably even be taken seriously. BUT . . . what is the trick to taking a 'spot' bulb out of the socket on a Simpsons Pinball Party? And on most pins that have the spot lights . . . they all look the same.

I tried everything: Using a rubber tip off a shooting rod to get a good grip, using needle-nosed pliers (risky!), latex glove, even sprayed adhesive glue on my fingers to get a good grip (which worked great!) and it would not budge, no matter how much force I applied! What is the secret?

Do the lamps PUSH in and turn? Are they straight in and straight out? If that is the case I couldn't pull much harder without ripping off the top of the whole playfield! Am I supposed to take the Plastic 'chrome' sockets off first? I would appreciate anyone's help!!!
Signed,
"Not the Brightest Bulb in the Package!!!"

#6 13 years ago

Those are some great ideas! Thanks guys!

I had thought about using tape, but after working with those damned bulbs for about 30 minutes I thought, "No! 'Normal' repair guys, people who know how to do this know there is a trick to how to turn the bulb, click something, it can't just PULL out! Not going to resort to 'my kind of answers (duct tape and a hammer)". So, I gave up and went on here.

Looks like NOTHING is normal when fixing a pin!

Let's see . . . I've had suggestions by email and on here to use: a needle, a nail, jeweler's screwdriver, 'bulb condom' (whatever that is!), latex gloves, tacky glue on my fingers, and a partridge in a pear tree!!!

I have 4 pins that need some minor repair. If those problems are anything like this one, I can't WAIT to see all the suggestions on how to fix THOSE! Ha.

I love my pins, but all this 'thinking' . . . how to be smart enough to digest all this new information (for me, at least!) has just about driven me crazy!!!

Again, thank you all for your help. I will try this tomorrow. If none of these suggestions work, I have a nice sledge hammer that needs using before it rusts!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-people-does-it-take-to-change-a-light-bulbin-a-simpsons-pinball-party?tu=pintucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.