(Topic ID: 214618)

How many on Pinside are left handed? And what celebrity do you bring?

By cottonm4

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

395C0918-0F88-4959-BC70-C9413861BA28 (resized).jpeg
    buzz.jpg
    IMG_2377 (resized).JPG
    landscape-1501604315-die-hard-main (resized).jpg
    3BE6C2A6-6A95-4B5D-B59E-DC675A7A4190 (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

Raise you left hand if you area lefty. And name a celebrity who is/was a lefty.

Chuck Conners of The Rifleman TV show was a lefty.

#2 6 years ago

Rocky Balboa and me

#3 6 years ago

Lefty Grove. I bat left-handed.

#4 6 years ago

I also play pinball lefty

#5 6 years ago

Rod Laver. (I lettered in tennis in HS.)

Mom was also left-handed, so all early teacher attempts to "retrain" me were rebuffed.

#7 6 years ago

Ambidextrous, can even write with the left hand.

President Barack Obama is Left Handed.

#8 6 years ago

Southpaw here too. Same as my favorite pitcher when I was a kid, Frank Viola. (He won the Cy Young in '88)

#9 6 years ago

Me and Bobby Orr are here to join the lefty party

#10 6 years ago

Left handed here

#11 6 years ago

Dominant left hand here but can write and use utensils with either hand. Throw right. Guitar right. Scissors left. (Damn it!!)

Left handed celeb? Keanu Reeves

#12 6 years ago

I was ambidextrous when I was younger. Now I am right handed, but I still hold my knife in my right hand and use the fork in my left. I prefer to wear my watch on my right wrist as well.

Oh, Whoopi Goldberg is my celeb.

#13 6 years ago

Lefty here. Lefty everything! Just like Babe Ruth and Judy Garland.

#14 6 years ago

Lefty here! Parents tried making me change to a righty when I was young, (prolly b/c of some 60's research that stated being a lefty was bad...lol) played baseball throwing/catching with both hands but I always batted righty.

Daughter is a lefty also!

Bruce Willis-yippee ki yay!

#15 6 years ago

I'm back. I throw left but swing right. Kick with left foot but play guitar right handed. Fork with left hand. When I wear a watch (only rarely) I like it on my left wrist.

Ringo Starr is a lefty but his grandma was not having a left handed grandson so she made him get a right handed drum set which he plays as a lefty. I never knew any of this. Sure, I knew Paul McCartney was a lefty, but Ringo was a surprise for me.

I notice lefties in movies all of the time anymore, but I missed Tom Cruise.

In Shawshank Redemption in the cafeteria scene where Tim Robbins character is looking at that worm in his food, I see three lefties sitting at other tables.

#16 6 years ago

I am a lefty. ...Robert Plant, Jimi Hendrix, Ronald Reagan.. all Lefty’s

I truly don’t consider Throwing Lefty but batting Righty the ‘opposite’. Call me crazy (which I am) ... I have always believed that your primary eye was a key factor in determining whether you would feel more comfortable batting Lefty vs Righty at a young age. Batting from the right side allows you to track the ball better with your left eye.
    I did assimilate certain things....for example scissors righty (and batting I guess). I also use a screw driver etc with either hand. But throw a frisbee much better righty.

#17 6 years ago

Me too - but I only write with my left hand, I use my right to hammer things and use tools in the usual 'right handed' way.

#18 6 years ago

I’m left handed - Ned Flanders

3BE6C2A6-6A95-4B5D-B59E-DC675A7A4190 (resized).jpeg3BE6C2A6-6A95-4B5D-B59E-DC675A7A4190 (resized).jpeg

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from DrDQ:

I am a lefty. ...Robert Plant, Jimi Hendrix, Ronald Reagan.. all Lefty’s
    I truly don’t consider Throwing Lefty but batting Righty the ‘opposite’. Call me crazy (which I am) ... I have always believed that your primary eye was a key factor in determining whether you would feel more comfortable batting Lefty vs Righty at a young age. Batting from the right side allows you to track the ball better with your left eye.
    I did assimilate certain things....for example scissors righty (and batting I guess). I also use a screw driver etc with either hand. But throw a frisbee much better righty.

Robert Plant? Really? Get out a here. And Reagan, too? Damn.

When I was a little kid and learning "baseball" my dad would pitch and my mom would stand behind me and help me hold the bat. She was right handed and that is how I learned. My dad was right handed 99.9999%; But he swung left handed.

#20 6 years ago

I was left handed until a 300lb nun “converted” me to right handedness . It aggravated her that I would drag my hand over the paper, smearing the #2 lead as I went. I blame her for everything that has gone wrong in my life. You could say that she is my “Punch/nun”. That’s how I feel and so do I.

#21 6 years ago

Left handed as well......I think we are a dying breed.....

Brought Bruce.....

landscape-1501604315-die-hard-main (resized).jpglandscape-1501604315-die-hard-main (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago

I'm a lefty too. Can't do anything with the right hand at all. Both my parents are right handed, yet my sister and I are both left handed. Odd.

#23 6 years ago

I'm a lefty too, isn't everyone?
    My moji is also a lefty!

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And Reagan, too? Damn.

I just looked this up. Ford, Reagan, G.H.W. Bush, Clinton, and Obama all leftys, among other presidents.

Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

I was left handed until a 300lb nun “converted” me to right handedness . It aggravated her that I would drag my hand over the paper, smearing the #2 lead as I went.

I grew up in a very small town and had the same teacher for grades 3, 4, & 5. She wouldn't let me flip the spirals on my notebook or use a left handed notebook because we handed in our notebooks and she wanted them all the same, so I always had to write with my hand on the spiral. Then she would mercilessly ridicule me about how my handwriting was always so terrible on the left part of the page but better on the right. My mom was a teacher and talked to her about it but nothing changed.

#25 6 years ago

I am both for many activities. If this counts.....I brought

Palmela Handerson.

IMG_2377 (resized).JPGIMG_2377 (resized).JPG

#26 6 years ago

Left handed moderator.
    Albert Einstein was another lefty.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from sublime90803:

I'm a lefty too. Can't do anything with the right hand at all.

You must have some interesting pinball sessions

#30 6 years ago

Are we really it? Come on lefties, show your pride!

#31 6 years ago

Another lefty here.

Aristotle and Leonardo da Vinci also were left handed.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Cross handed here.

Is cross handed the same as ambidextrous?

#33 6 years ago

Another leftie reporting for duty. And M.C. Escher’s along for the ride.

#34 6 years ago

I’m also left handed.

I believe that all of the best people in the world are left handed, and that it is possibly the next step in human evolution.

How about 90’s musicians; Kurt cobain, Noel Gallagher and billy Corgan. All lefties.

Here’s a couple more.
    http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is cross handed the same as ambidextrous?

No, that would be cool though. I have dominance but it varies depending on the activity. Write with my right hand, throw left, eat right, golf left, kick right, etc.

#37 6 years ago

Left handed tech.

Aldrin was native left handed but changed during training.

buzz.jpgbuzz.jpg

#38 6 years ago

Me and Kurt

395C0918-0F88-4959-BC70-C9413861BA28 (resized).jpeg395C0918-0F88-4959-BC70-C9413861BA28 (resized).jpeg

#39 6 years ago

I'm a lefty but also mixd up. Write left, scissors right, bat left and throw right. Unless it's a bowling ball then left.

Isn't Martin Sheen a lefty?

#40 6 years ago

Lefty here

And so is Tony Iommi from black sabbath \m/

#41 6 years ago

i'm a lefty (but bowl right handed - and have a 300!)

Bill Clinton

#42 6 years ago

I'm a lefty, as is Tina Fey, the comedienne (and the damsel from Medieval Madness).

Do I get extra points for naming a pinball related celebrity?

#43 6 years ago

Another lefty here. Throw left, bat right, kick with right leg. Robert Redford - left handed.

4 months later
    #44 5 years ago

My dad is a lefty... I am a lefty... my son is a lefty. Awesomeness runs in my family.

#45 5 years ago

I'm a lefty, and so was Don Adams ("Sorry about that, Chief").

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-on-pinside-are-left-handed-and-what-celebrity-do-you-bring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.