BC342764-24CB-490C-8C8B-FBEBD0A4AEAD (resized).jpeg
44939E7A-CA48-417B-8E10-6B1D269512DA (resized).jpeg
681F5139-7565-4887-A71F-DD73F2A3ABE8 (resized).jpeg
4A5AB2CA-1305-4E60-83B6-67CDA06440FF (resized).jpeg
ADF6631E-5EC3-4A8C-9388-7048F2183482 (resized).jpeg
20221015_151530 (resized).jpg
20221113_213826 (resized).jpg
20210805_171307 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#924 2 years ago

The situation for a new or used Motorcycle that is not a V-Twin in NC is really bad.
Passed my endorsement school and looked forward to buying a small bike, 125-400.
Forget it. Honda told me to leave 500 deposit and it might be next year before what I want comes in.
Used Market full of V-Twins from all manufacturers, most old, modified or needing something.
Guess riding this year is out.

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You live somewhere you can't buy a second hand motorcycle.
Can't get my head around that.
Nothing interests you in this list of 4,873 for sale ads?
https://www.cycletrader.com/North-Carolina/motorcycles-for-sale?state=North%20Carolina%7CNC

I've looked at every one of those listings.
Old junk. Overpriced junk. Fully loaded V-Twins. Foreign exotics bikes (parts availability and service), discontinued failures. Too small (mopeds and scooters) too big. Dirt bikes that are not street legal.

#928 2 years ago

The Dealers showrooms are empty. 2 told me people were holding on to their bikes because they couldn't purchase new most of last year and this year.
Orders are taking an average of 7 Months, people who ordered in December are getting a few, new orders are expected in October. There is no guarantee you will get an ordered bike, allotments to Dealers have been cut.
Yeah, I don't want a Hog, or a Japanese version of one.
Looking a 250 or 300 Dual Sport. Nope.
Honda Trail or Cub 125. Forget it.
Late model Suzuki street bike, or Kawasaki, or Yamaha. Hang it up.
PLENTY of burnt-out crotch rockets, customized barn builds, Title problem bikes.
PAGES of V-Twins. Learned on a Harley and have no problem with them,just want a small commuter/ with light Trail capabilities.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

The bike shops around me have all kinds of stuff in stock

Glad to hear it.

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Covid has been good for certain segments of business. I work for the largest aftermarket distributor of motorcycle/snowmobile/ATV/UTV/watercraft parts in the world. 2020 was our best year on record. People have time and money to focus on hobbies that don't involve crowds. The boat thread alludes to the same trouble trying to find a used boat. Lumber prices are nuts, pinball prices are crazy...

Going today to order the Honda Trail 125. I'll just wait to get what I want rather than settle for a sled.
Do you sell front/mid/rear racks for these? Mufflers? Seems all the cool parts come from Thailand but it doesn't hurt to ask.

#951 2 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

My 1st street legal bike
Had a min crotch rocket and a dirt bike before
But this thing is lots of fun
2020 Honda Monkey
[quoted image]

Just left Honda and they had 2 of these, looks great! If I couldn't get the Trail would have picked a Monkey up today.
Fortune smiled and somebody cancelled their order so a 500 deposit gets me a CT-125 late July. Much better than October!
Ready to explore.

1 month later
#954 2 years ago

Finally got my Endorsement. Failed the written a week ago, lucked up and got a follow-up appointment at the DMV Thursday (average wait time 32 days, someone must have cancelled)
The Test in NC is very tricky as to wording of questions. No way I was gonna fail again so I went back through everything. They get you on statistics questions, percent of accidents involving alcohol,etc.
Looking back, taking the Harley Riders Course was worth every penny.
Now, just waiting on the 28th when that Bike comes in...

If obtaining a Motorcycle License is on your bucket list just be prepared for an adventure.

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I scored 100% on my riding test....on a Harley....Put it on the fridge with a magnet!

HUGE!
Choked up on the tight turn /instant U-turn/ brake on square.
Good on everything else.
Congratulations.

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My dad just picked up one of these, so did my neighbors. Might have to get one too.

Have you looked at the Trail 125?

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Nah, just like pinballs I have too many motorcycles already. What I really want is a Triumph Bonneville Bobber, but one of those monkeys would take up less room and a bit cheaper lol.

Seems like the Grom has a 5-speed now with a rumoured 150 engine boost.
Monkey is cool but those extra CCs would be killer.
If Honda drops the 150 I will buy the engine for this Trail125. Know it will be expensive.
Need to Research who is building Triumph, they certainly are pricey.

#963 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I read Honda will bring back a retro CB350 next year. That could be pretty cool.

I would order one if it wasn't priced too high.

1 week later
#973 2 years ago

7 days, lets see if this order comes in with all of the Thailand shutdowns and shipping delays going on.

2 months later
#979 2 years ago

I have the opportunity to purchase 3 Honda Benly 150 barn finds.
They are all complete, 1 doesn't have mufflers.
Still haven't seen the third bike, it may be a 125 or earlier.

Anyone here experience with the early Honda Benly?
Would 750 cash be a good offer?
Know its difficult without seeing pics. The two I examined shift, the speedometer lens is intact, seats are surprisingly intact. Original Whitewall tires, no surface rust only. Gas tanks are solid, emblems good.
One Blue and one Black. Mystery bike? Don't know yet.
The Seller said these Bikes didn't require Registration in 1963 or 1964. Researching this now.
Any and all feedback much appreciated.

#982 2 years ago

There is a provision with the NC DMV where an antique vehicle (over 30 years old) that has never been licensed can be applied for.
The first thing I need to do is find any numbers on the frames and let my Insurance guys run the VIN. It's possible then to locate and contact the last legal owner.
If nothing shows up it will make a better case for an antique registration.
If by chance this reveals a unpaid Lien or stolen status at least they won't contact the Law.
Not looking to get anyone in trouble for old junk thats been sitting for 30 years.
Thanks for the input!

1 year later
#1049 8 months ago

Fortunate to find one of these the day 2 arrived at the Dealership. Closest I could find to a new 70's Honda. Super gas mileage and does everything I want.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’m having two custom Honda Cubs made in Vietnam.

Sure wish I could find a kickstart assembly, as I understand it the XR150 (in various forms) has been used all over the World for over ten years. Only thing this bike is missing.
Good to be back on the road on two wheels!

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-of-you-pinheads-have-a-motorcycle?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.