4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 843 posts
  • 243 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by arthurrag
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 477 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

'07 Road King (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20180821_094827 (resized).jpg
20190930_100306 (resized).jpg
540BAF4A-1D55-43E8-9C1E-77BFFDDDBA77 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6222 (resized).jpg
Calabogie (resized).jpg
20180514_143518 (resized).jpg
WR450-1 (resized).jpg
A9087390-E53F-4BF9-8E7B-9740F2AD0037 (resized).jpeg
20190815_152739 (resized).jpg
20190815_152723 (resized).jpg
BMWR1200C (resized).jpg
20150909_104527 (resized).jpg
bike8 (resized).jpg
20190518_123139 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillySastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 4 years ago

2006 HD VRod CVO Screaming Eagle
I sold my Victory about a month ago and thought about getting out of biking for a while. I found this on the local Craigslist and bought it. I've found my love for motorcycling again with this bike.

image.jpg

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What do you think of that VRod. I bought a muscle and I love it but it has two things I don't like. It has no torque, none. I put slip ons on it and took the cover off the air cleaner and it has even less. It also gets terrible fuel mileage, like 30 MPG. I put a riser on the bars that lifts them 2 inches and pulls them back 11/2 and it is much nicer to ride.

I haven't really noticed a lag in torque, but I ride by myself and I don't really live hilly country. Did you install a fuel commander when you put on your slip-ons? My bike didn't have on when I bought it and I could feel that it wasn't running right. I installed a Cobra fuel commander and a K&N filter and that made a huge difference.

Fuel mileage has always been low on the VRods. They're made for performance, and your gas mileage definitely shows that.

1 year later
#145 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

In the Game Room in the past. Still have the Duc!

What's the bike on the bottom right? That thing looks badass.

7 months later
#186 2 years ago

I just sold my Harley VRod last week. Way too many deadly bike accidents in my area and I just didn't feel safe anymore.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also a Sportster, which I don't really want, but it's a 06 1200 for $4500. Leaning towards that since I haven't been on a bike in 25 years.

We still have my wife's Sportster and it's a lot of fun. It's not a bike for big guys though. To me it depends on what your using the bike for. If you plan on going on all day trips, get something bigger. If you're just going to tool around and have some fun, a small bike is great for that and much cheaper.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

There's a Fat Boy near me for 6k. Guessing a scam.

I wouldn't write it off as a scam, it could be an older bike. Mid 90's maybe. I still have a pair of ground pounder drag pipes for the old Evolution motor from my first Harley. I'd rev that thing up and some flames would shoot out. Made for a cool show at 130 am outside the bars.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also a gorgeous 92 Soft Tail for $5500....but 50k miles. That's too damn much for a Hog I'm guessing.

Is that on Craigslist? Put the link up if it is. Those Harley Evolution motors are awesome and 50k miles is very common. I had an '89 Springer with over 45k miles that was going strong, no problems, before I crashed and burned it.

If that bikes been for sale for a while I'd offer $4500. It's definitely a buyers market for Harleys right now.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Here's that ad Billy..
indianapolis.craigslist.org link
Posting ads here is pretty much saying.."Hey! Buy this out from under me!"...and that's ok. If it will it will.

That's not my intention at all. I love helping newbies buy bikes. I've helped a couple of guys at work buy their first bike. The ad says that it was posted just 15 hours ago, so I'm guessing he wouldn't take $4500 yet. If you're looking for loud, that's the bike for you.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

My son in law is 6'3" 190ish, and he rides a sporty custom with forward controls and fits him nicely.

Gryszzz, if you really want a HD, but you're nervous about it, get a Sportster. It's small, light, sounds like the bigger bikes and are much cheaper. Plus they're a pile of fun for tearing around town in.

#224 2 years ago

the EFi's are more hands off but when there is an issue you are married to the Stealer to get it right.

This is true, but I'll add in the EFi's defense that I've had 3 Harleys with EFi's and they've all been perfect. I bought a 2005 Road King custom off the showroom floor, had it for ten years, no problems. My wife has a 2008 Sportster that we bought in 2010, no problems. Then the VROD that I just sold was a 2006 with no problems either. I installed a Cobra fuel commander in all three of them too.

#238 2 years ago

Beside IMHO I never liked the V-Rod, didn't care for their water cooled system, give me that big EVO Twin.......

That's what I thought too until I bought one for shits and giggles. It was by far the most fun bike I've owned. That water cooled engine was awesome on hot days. It ran great and you weren't sitting on an oven at stop lights.

#242 2 years ago

No issues for me, although I only put about 3000 miles on it when I owned it. It's a completely different engine than what a person gets used to after years of riding cruisers. They run at very high RPM's so that could possibly be what the issues are from. But man do they haul ass. I could do 0-70 in about 3 to 4 seconds and I'd only be in 3rd gear.

#244 2 years ago

That's what the hobby is all about, drive safe.

Yes it is. I love talking bikes more then pinball. Hell I've made more posts today in this thread than I do in a month on Pinside.

Personally Gryszzz, I'd do the Sportster too. Get used to riding during this summer and get a bigger one down the road. Plus if you need to take your endorsement test you don't want a big ass lumbering bike to drive through the course.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Somebody listed a 2011 883 with 1kmiles on for $4300. Billy come on down and let's read CL together. Then drink a lot of whiskey and go start fights.

I just fired up my wife's 883 Sporty today for the first time since last summer. I put a new battery in it and it fired right up. She's off visiting family for the week and I'm going to surprise her with new Cobra pipes on her bike when she gets back.

Man I'd love to make a trip to Indy to meet you but this work crap can't be avoided.

1 week later
#332 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

"It takes a real man to ride a Sportster!"
--dude in Harley service.

This is my new ride now when I need my motorcycle fix. I'm comfortable enough with my masculinity to admit that yes, I ride a Sporty, and yes, it's my wife's bike.
20170619_090321 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#479 2 years ago

I used to work with a mechanic that was a stoner back in the day. He said he smoked weed once before riding. He pulled in to a gas station, drove to the pumps, stopped, but didn't put his feet or kickstand down. He said he just tipped over and laid there laughing.

3 weeks later
#571 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

My dealer let's me uncrate and service the bikes I buy and doesn't charge me freight, setup, or any nonsense fees. Bought this little gal with ABS for a song and a dance today. She's a sassy little beastie.

What is it?

1 year later
#722 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Survived my 1st crash yesterday. Cruisin along in rush hour traffic on a busy street, gal in front of me gets over to turn right, but in front of her guy was stopped for some fucking reason. Goin about 30mph, hit front brake too hard and my baby went a-rollin, as did I. Arms bloodied up but went pretty well I'd say. 20 people standin around lookin fuckin amazed when I stood up and picked my bike back up. Everybody except the dickpants that was stopped, that pussy took off like a scared child. As pissed as I am about his driving; I have no one to blame but myself. Those morons aren't lookin out for me, I'M lookin out for me. Need to pay closer attention, and I will.
Not even a scratch on my lucky shirt.
[quoted image]

Man, I hate hearing stories like this. Last night the local news did a piece about motorcycle crashes. There were six deaths in the area in August alone. Then there was the father of three that was killed about a half mile from my house back in May. Minivan making a left turn pulled out right in front of him.

I sold my bike last summer and miss it every sunny day, but it don't miss playing dodgeball with the distracted drivers.

Glad to hear you're ok Gryszzz. How's the bike?

11 months later
#815 8 months ago

So after two years of not owning a bike, I went and looked at one last night. The guy had OBO on his price, so I shot him an offer (not a lowball, 10% lower than his asking price) and he tells me that he's firm on his price. WTF? He's already $1k over NADA value.

I told him I'd think about it. Any advice on how to proceed, or should I walk away?

#821 8 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Walk away, i would never pay over what the book value is. That guy is nuts.

I'm with you there, I'm not paying over book value. Just seeing if anyone has any advice on how to get the guy to come down, but I don't think it's happening. I'm going to call him back tomorrow and give him the same offer, then walk away when he turns it down.

2 weeks later
#826 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would probably just say the bank will only loan what the book value is. Id say im willing to give you that if you want it but i cant go any higher.

So, I tried this and the guy still didn't budge. No surprise there, so I moved on. A few days later he calls me back and says he's "willing to accept my offer". I told him that I've changed my mind, but I would do $1,500 less. He loses it over the phone. Tells me that my original offer and his now accepting of the offer is a verbal contract and that he could sue me, blah, blah, blah. His ad is still up and I'm still waiting to hear from his attorney.

#827 7 months ago

In the meantime I did pick up this beauty. 2007 Ultra Limited. Burgundy and cream paint with gold. My wife and son absolutely love sitting back and riding with me.
20190815_152723 (resized).jpg20190815_152739 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 109.99
$ 85.00
$ 17.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 244.99
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 199.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
£ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillySastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside